Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Dreven @TheDexFiles

Thank you for your support it means a lot to me. I hope you enjoyed my XO rounds i am looking forward to meeting you in the battle field once more and lead you to glorious victory.
    Aden Cooper

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m mirroring some of Scidiots thoughts on this application, your spelling, answers fall short of an already lowish standard for CO applications. This doesn’t mean you aren’t exactly bad or anything as an XO, however. Revise your application and show some semblance of standards for it, fixing spelling, revising some of your BE questions with more concise answers, point and case being this part of the BE question,

Spoiler Spoiler:

Or this

Spoiler Spoiler:

It’s not your job to teach players, it’s to guide them; if you catch my drift. The IC SEA/OOC mentors exist for a reason. If you play CO as hard as you do as when you are XO, you will find that there is little time to assist new players even if it may feel right.

Not only to mention the story, with the cliche of an enlisted becoming a Commissioned Officer.

I will support your application one hundred percent when you have a semblance of spelling, not super great but okay punctuation and effort in it, a lot of your answers feel like something that came out a cookie-cutter, clarify them if you submit the next application. Good luck, feel free to message me or the council for help if you have any concerns or questions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    I’m mirroring some of Scidiots thoughts on this application, your spelling, answers fall short of an already lowish standard for CO applications. This doesn’t mean you aren’t exactly bad or anything as an XO, however. Revise your application and show some semblance of standards for it, fixing spelling, revising some of your BE questions with more concise answers, point and case being this part of the BE question,

Spoiler Spoiler:

Or this

Spoiler Spoiler:

It’s not your job to teach players, it’s to guide them; if you catch my drift. The IC SEA/OOC mentors exist for a reason. If you play CO as hard as you do as when you are XO, you will find that there is little time to assist new players even if it may feel right.

Not only to mention the story, with the cliche of an enlisted becoming a Commissioned Officer.

I will support your application one hundred percent when you have a semblance of spelling, not super great but okay punctuation and effort in it, a lot of your answers feel like something that came out a cookie-cutter, clarify them if you submit the next application. Good luck, feel free to message me or the council for help if you have any concerns or questions.

It seems the main issue is spelling i cannot change it anymore but i can definitly improve on it. I have a Hungarian keyboard and i am not use to it, i type fast sometimes words get misspelled. I honestly thought that my answers were my quite good as i thought about them deeply them coming out of a cookie cutter kinda upset me but it is what it is thank you for the reply.

Also i do not see any problems why i should not teach someone new the ropes it is very simple and easy to do and will help me a lot especially if the person is a Staff Officer. Communication is very important and making sure someone is capable of doing their job especially in CIC i see no problem with. I have also mentioned in my answer that i would call a SEA Gunny.

From what i understand i have many community support and i have played XO considerably this month and it feels like it does not matter at the end, because my spelling is bad this is truly a bummer for me as all i wanted to do for quite a while now was to play CO in my off time.
    Last edited by Critilius; 01-24-2020 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Excuse my English it is not my first language
    Aden Cooper

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why in my opinion I deserve a chance to become a CO:

It has come to my attention with the current state of my application that I have issues regarding spelling. This is true I do have issues spelling, although I cannot edit my application to fix my errors I can definitely improve on it and have been improving on it since I have submitted my application. I have a Hungarian keyboard and typing fast on it really does not help with my spelling but I am getting used to it and will eliminate this issue.

Since I started mainly playing XO which was over a month ago, I was green and was not aware of certain aspects of commanding although this is the case I have quickly learned the basics and started to understand how to lead Almayer effectively and efficiently. Through trial and error, I have met many Commanding Officers and interacted with them this has given me the opportunity to understand and learn different points of view, strategies and problem-solving abilities of individual COs and XOs. Being able to understand a problem and finding the best solution for it. This can be tricky but can be overcome by experience, I consider myself an experienced and a refined XO with all the time I have spent in CIC as Commander and Staff Officer for a whole month(my hours played will reflect on this), that is capable of understanding what is going on and how to deal with certain situations when they may arise in the face of battle.

Have I made mistakes in the past playing Commander? Yes I have made mistakes, one of my not very bright moments was to tell the MPS to get weapons and fight in the FOB was this wrong yes it was, but what was the cause of this? I try my best to deliver when I play a role, I do my best to make sure people will not complain from what I have to be doing and fulfilling a task that is assigned to me. In this case, if I recollect correctly I wanted to make use of our full resources on board Almayer as operations integrity was at stake and wanted to ensure victory for the USCM. This has occurred over a month ago and has not occurred since then because what I did was a breach of protocol that I was not aware at the time this is no excuse however it had already been done but this situation caused me to read the SOP(Standard Operating Procedure) and ML(Marine Law) to ensure situations such as these did not happen again.

I am a fast learner, I don't have fixed feelings about certain ways to play a role I do not believe in fixed gameplay where I only should do what is best (Meta) because of an update or whatnot, I like to switch things around it is a game at the end it is here to enjoy. I like to try different scenarios, strategies this has given me the opportunity to observe and understand how marines act in a certain situation and by going back to these experiences I can safely choose an option that does not have devastating results but a balanced approach or even better getting the upper hand in a situation possibly causing us to win the operation.

My XO playstyle compared to when I first began and Now:
    When I first started playing command roles I was quite nervous because of the responsibilities that are on your shoulders. I remember being anxious and hasty on my briefing due to lack of experience, but in CIC that was a different scenario as it is a learning ground to observe and interact, how enemies react to certain situations. My announcements used to be very simple just enough information that was necessary but not deliberate or directive enough when I first began, but looking at it now I have come a really long way on being a good XO. I started improving my battle plans first I learned a great many things from the SOs under me when I first began and I am grateful to them, then came the way I briefed the marines suddenly after 5-10 hours of playing XO I was confident in my ability to lead and the orders, directives I was giving. I had understood the basics of Commanding a battalion but now I needed someone that knows how to run the ship with a great experience. This is where Commanding officers came in, i have learned countless aspects of commanding from them it is hard to mention specifically but certain scenarios defeat, victories allowed me to get better over time. I have met my current CM friends all in CIC (Alan Jones, Robert Cross, Dinkle, Rekrul Chambers ….) the list goes on. I have never once had an issue with a Commanding Officer I have always been told of my mistakes and every time I have corrected them there was not one scene where I resisted an order or a suggestion from a Commanding Officer that has more experience than me. I am the type of person that would find solutions rather than complain about them this can be confirmed by COs that had me as their Commander please do ask if needed as I have no doubt this statement will change. Overall I have changed greatly since when I first started as my application will show that after the second page there are no negatives (Except Screaming idiot that was given because of grammar from what I understand)as I believe I have understood the ways of the Commander(XO) and is still learning as I play it again every time, every round is a learning session for me as it should be for everyone.

What is different about me than all the other people that apply:
    I could not say definitively but I can tell you what I am about, I love roleplaying and stories are very important to me, a big part of this is interacting with others and I love that. From my point of view, people forget that this is a game and become aggressive in certain situations that I do not understand and I do my best to avoid conflict when it may arise.

I am a problem solver rather than to mention a problem and complain about it which I see done quite often, an example to this when I rolled XO 2 weeks ago or so, the CO was not communicating with CIC and was doing random things I was confused as of understanding directives of the CO, at one point marines started calling him out which then he went to cryo for after many disagreements between him and the crew, then I was put in charge I have assessed the situation as I was familiar with it and have fixed the issues one by one that the old CO left behind which then i was awarded a medal for by another CO that woke up later that round requested by CIC and the marines. I was honored and have learned a lot from this encounter.

A bit about myself and where I come from to understand me better:

I am from Turkey, English is my second language and is self-thought I have passed an exam when I was in High School in Turkey and was eligible to study abroad. I have finished High School in Connecticut in the USA, Currently, I am studying Diplomacy at a University in Hungary and in my last semester. I currently have free time to spend and when I am on my computer the only game I play is SS13 as my rig is quite terrible but I love the game especially Colonial Marines and I don't think I would play other games if I had a better computer. I love to roleplay with people and SS13 is an amazing game for that I have realized I love commanding when I started to get into roles such as Staff Officer and when I started playing XO I decided that I wanted to become a CO as I have seen many situations I could enjoy and make sure others enjoy their experience as well.

My request to the council:
    Please do give me a chance and the opportunity to become a Commanding Officer I promise not to disappoint both the community and the council. I am taking all the criticism to heart and I will fix my grammar to the best of my abilities. I am very passionate about becoming a Commanding Officer and it is the only thing I want at the moment from CM to be able to roleplay as a CO and lead marines to glorious victory.

Thank you for reading.
    @Swagbag @ScreamingIdiot @Frans_Feiffer @smov @FGRSentinel
    Last edited by Critilius; 01-24-2020 at 12:49 PM. Reason: I added the tags
    Aden Cooper

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright. Apologies for the wait for a response.

When you first posted this application, I was on the fence as there were conflicting reports of you doing questionable things in game. That said, you've done a lot to improve yourself since posting this app. You've come along way, even if there's still a decent bit of room to continue growing.

Basically, the app is decent, and you've shown improvement since posting this, enough so that I trust you'd do fine as CO. What's showing of your improvement is how you've handled the responses and criticisms on your app, as well as how you've done recently in game.

With that out of the way, consider this accepted. Your perms will be updated shortly.

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Pred App that is now null lol
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accepted.