Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Jarekthraptor

Marine Name
    Jordan Cross

Other Whitelist Applications
    Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Casper

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Scenario #1:

Synthetic is trapped, somehow, in a room with an enemy combatant. The synthetic is being actively attacked by the combatant, and must defend itself against the attacker until the attacker is subdued or dead. This also assumes the combatant won't respond to reason and refuses to back down.

Scenario #2:

A member of the USCM (Say, a marine) is being attacked by an enemy combatant and there is no adequite defenses, so that without the synthetics aid, the marine may be in danger of death.

Scenario #3:

The synth is attacked by a member of the USCM. The synth can make attempts to non-lethally detain them as the attack is a break in marine law. If that marine happened to run away, I wouldn't go chasing after them with a stun baton, though.

Those are the three common ones I can come up with. Mutinies happen as well, and if they ever did come about, I'd pick and stay with the side I chose and assist them where able, effectively treating the opposing side the same as CLF/Xenomorphs in a way.

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

This story should show my knowledge of the guidelines somewhat. Obviously since survivor synths aren't the same as USCM synths and don't have the exact same lawset, it's not going to be the EXACT same. Obviously the synth here is a synth survivor, not a USCM one, and has chosen to side with the colonists on this occasion.

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Casper is a synthetic that I'd like to think is motivational, or I suppose, ceaselessly positive. The situation could be horrible, the Fob could be being assaulted by 50 xenomorphs, and Casper would still be trying to be as positive as possible, hoping to instill confidence or at least stop them from completely giving up hope as he does his best to patch up those fob breaches or revive your hopelessly dead friends.

This quirk shines best in situations that are quite grim, I'd say, which is one of the reasons I chose to focus the story around a synthetic survivor instead of an average day aboard the almayer.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    Familiar. I know how APC construction works and the less orthadox construction like Airlocks and the engine as well, for both the planet and the Ship. Most likely if I know about it I know how it's done.

I have not played squad engineer *too* much but that's more because I don't typically have a marine play-style that suits it. I know how most if not all of the stuff a squad engineer has to do works, telecomms shouldn't be a problem, an actual good fob, sentry guns, shouldn't be a hassle whatever it is. Survivor kinda has me covered on this front.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I don't play command often at all, but it's not because I don't know how to play command roles. I've played SL, I know how SO works and such, and I've even led a few operations as an XO.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I have not played doctor in a while, but thanks to survivor, I'm still on the ball with medical and I know how to work the medical machines and perform surgeries. I'll admit, I'm less knowledgeable on the chemistry part, but that's because I just don't touch doctor most games, and only play as a doctor when I roll doctor survivor.

Same as engineering I haven't played squad medic for a while, but the times I have it's been pretty simple. Scan en', patch the big numbers with the relevant kits, pills, splints, medevac stretcher if they need.

I also know ghetto surgery. That's fun.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Familiar enough, I think. I don't think the amount of req rounds I've played through the full game reaches the double digits. I know how powerloaders work, though, and most of the stuff you do in requisitions isn't exactly the most technical thing. I guess point management, but that's simple enough.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I waited on this whitelist for a while mainly to think out my quirk and what exactly I wanted my story to be. I think the quirk I've settled with could build an interesting character and synthetic to roleplay with, especially as the round gets more hectic, and people begin to lose hope in a victory for the marines.

I've wanted this whitelist for a while as well but hopefully my patience, and me actually bothering to come up with a good quirk and a story that works with it comes across well. I think I'd do well in the role and while predator isn't the bastion of roleplay the whitelist once was, I think the fact I do have it shows that I'm not someone who would use the synthetic role to grief, and I am willing to put the effort in.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No.

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    Not much. It's worth noting, however, the story, from what I can tell from what people have said, shows the quirk off a lot more obviously if you know what the quirk is before-hand. The story is also from the perspective of a synthetic survivor, and not a USCM synthetic, which I thought would be an interesting angle to choose, and definitely plays off of my quirk quite well I think.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've played quite a few rounds with Jarek together as survivors and I can vouch for his proficiency in all the support systems except Req. I'd also say he's capable of the RP required by Synthetic. He's also a mod and a predator player, so I can safely say you'll be able to trust him with the whitelist. +1
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Answers are fine, I read the story beforehand and it also showed your quirk pretty well. I myself have no issues with it being from the perspective of a synthvivor. Overall this is a +1
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good roleplayer. +1

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just wanna play synthvivor... Don't ya? Ya surv main.

You RP well, and have a good understanding of the game's mechanics and rules.

+1
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't take my Synthvivor roll or I will kill your bitchass.

Ok with the RP when I interacted with you before. Overall, you are pretty knowledgeable with the game, and I've seen you as we are both colleagues of the same role main. Furthermore, the story was well-written for the application; I like the Synthvivor idea.

+1
    Last edited by optimisticdude; 12-22-2019 at 10:02 PM.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Story is fine, answers are fine. Seems like you'd do fine. +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aren't you that really good predator roleplayer?

breadator.jpg

Senior Admin & Training Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Destrok
    I've played quite a few rounds with Jarek together as survivors and I can vouch for his proficiency in all the support systems except Req. I'd also say he's capable of the RP required by Synthetic. He's also a mod and a predator player, so I can safely say you'll be able to trust him with the whitelist. +1
    superjo98
    Answers are fine, I read the story beforehand and it also showed your quirk pretty well. I myself have no issues with it being from the perspective of a synthvivor. Overall this is a +1
    ChengChan
    Good roleplayer. +1
    Novacti
    You just wanna play synthvivor... Don't ya? Ya surv main.

You RP well, and have a good understanding of the game's mechanics and rules.

+1
    optimisticdude
    Don't take my Synthvivor roll or I will kill your bitchass.

Ok with the RP when I interacted with you before. Overall, you are pretty knowledgeable with the game, and I've seen you as we are both colleagues of the same role main. Furthermore, the story was well-written for the application; I like the Synthvivor idea.

+1
    Minimike
    Story is fine, answers are fine. Seems like you'd do fine. +1
    Thanks for the support! I will absolutely be stealing the synthvivor slot whenever I get the chance and nothing is going to stop me

SolubleWhenWet
    Aren't you that really good predator roleplayer?

Attachment 988
    This is almost as embarrasing a mistake as the time I ran up to a bunch of marines on my first predator round and got insta-KO'd by a bootknife and died. Luckily I don't think synthetic has any plasma casters so I shouldn't accidentally blow anyone up with the highest charge shot on accident if I get it.

(Just to make it clear, Yes, that Image is me, and it was an accident, you can even see my LOOC of me going OH FUCK because I am a clown predator )
    Last edited by JarekTheRaptor; 12-24-2019 at 01:35 AM.
    SURVIVOR GANG COUNCIL MEMBER

Survivor Gang In Action:

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek View Post
    Thanks for the support! I will absolutely be stealing the synthvivor slot whenever I get the chance and nothing is going to stop me
    No you won't!!!!!