superjo98 - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    superjo98

Marine Name
    Dawson Hook and Brad

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Tak'yar

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    Nope

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes

Yautja Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

On the distant planet LV-798, in the midst of a sandstorm, Tak’yar hid behind a boulder in wait. The planet was a barren wasteland devoid of any and all life. The atmosphere was only 5% oxygen, with a few button presses the inbuilt oxygen tank in his mask began providing him with just enough air to survive. He took in a deep breath, knowing that in only a few moments he would be taking his first steps towards his apotheosis.

The distress signal was sent out only a few hours ago, but his ship in orbit already alerted him of their oncoming approach. The dropship landed, Tak’yar heard the marines before he saw them, their grunts and moans amplified by his mask. He estimated that there were about 7 of them, an unusually small number. Without hesitation, he deactivated his cloak and leaped onto a nearby rock.

CONTINUED IN THE DOCUMENT

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Tak'yar essentially wants to become a god, and believes that all other gods will be below him once he has ascended. In his eyes, Yautja that worship the traditional gods are foolish, and he sees them as beneath him. He will often get into fights with them because of this.

He will often make remarks to humans about how lucky they are to die at his hand, and that they should be grateful. Should a human prove themselves worthy, he may either A. Honor duel them, or B. Recruit them as a worshiper. If he chooses to recruit them as a worshiper, he'd tell them to do things like make altars for him, or kill a xenomorph to sacrifice in his name. He'd never tell them to kill another human. Despite how highly he thinks of himself, he will not violate the honor code.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    An honor duel is a fight between a Yautja and an opponent who he/she believes has proven themselves. The Yautja is one who challenges them. It is a fair fight, where the use of ranged weapons, healing items, and assistance from others is under no circumstances allowed. If at the end of the fight the victor believes the other has fought well, then they are allowed to spare them and take some sort of trophy off them without killing them.

A hunt is a predator hunting worthy prey. The prey has to be effectively able to fight against the Yautja, meaning that they have no injuries (that weren't given to them by the Yautja) and have an adequate weapon. They also can't be pre-occupied with any vital tasks (Healing someone, fighting xenos, ect). The predator is allowed to using healing items in the hunt, but not ranged weapons (against worthy prey), anybody that assists the worthy prey is also to be considered worthy.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    Despite Tak'yar believing he is superior, he will still treat with his fellow hunters with atleast some respect. He will look down upon them for worshiping their gods, but will respect them for their skill in the hunt. I don't intend on acting like an outright dick to other preds, but I believe Tak'yars personality will be able to make some interesting RP between them.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    Because it sounds like lot of fun. The potential for RP and interactions with other predators, humans, or xenos (maybe) entices me. Even if it isn't, I at least want to be able to try it.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took a look at the story before this was submitted and found it entertaining, same with the pred's "quirk"

Rest of the app checks out and he's a mod AND a synthetic councillor

He can have pred I'd say

+1
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mad lad...

Love your quirk, the story's brilliant and you know your stuff.

+1
    For being such a chad... Brad
    Last edited by Novacti; 12-22-2019 at 11:14 AM.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like that the story isn't super long, and the quirk is pretty unique, needless to say this will probably be resolved quickly.

+1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1. Good app, interesting story. I personally don't mind the gimmick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YOU FINALLY APPLIED!!!

I waited so long for this moment...

+1

Reason being the story is great, average player and can be trusted with this role.
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The story is short yet interesting, within three minutes anyone can read it and yet the flavor of the story remains in my mind.

I just love every part of it and worth a +1 from me!

(Also if you play on Delta you may know this guy, I myself in Alpha already heard about him across my own squad, imagine you in Delta.)
    Aida Clark - The story so far

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am surprised this hasn't been accepted yet, but the character 'quirk' is great. The story is well done and shows it off well. +1
    beast

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unique quirk; excited to see how this plays out.

+1

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tak'yar essentially wants to become a god, and believes that all other gods will be below him once he has ascended. In his eyes, Yautja that worship the traditional gods are foolish, and he sees them as beneath him. He will often get into fights with them because of this.

This alone sold me on the app. Ive seen you around and youre a mod so obviously somewhat trustworthy +1
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.