Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: forest2001 Events Thread

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WitheredGryphon View Post
    Was an Ancient Spitter from roundstart that round. Marines got a LOT of reinforcements and armaments, that was probably one of the best Xeno teams I've seen to have been able to counter that. The coordination and teamwork was stellar.

Edit:

Also, I think there were actually two deathsquads. One on the planet, and one on the ship when we boarded.
    One deathsquad, one PMC platoon with two deathsquad special additions.

EDIT: I was impressed by the Xenos, they did a good job.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This felt very unfair to the xenos, we got a palatine who was bound to a chamber for most of the round and was only let go once we were winning, and once it was already a guaranteed xeno minor we got a queen. Marines got at least 2 PMC squads and 2 deathsquads, as well as jihadist preds that tried to suicide bomb the egg chamber/do other dumb shit.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrok View Post
    This felt very unfair to the xenos, we got a palatine who was bound to a chamber for most of the round and was only let go once we were winning, and once it was already a guaranteed xeno minor we got a queen. Marines got at least 2 PMC squads and 2 deathsquads, as well as jihadist preds that tried to suicide bomb the egg chamber/do other dumb shit.
    The pred in the chamber blew up because it was about to drop dead. As they're supposed to. They had the objective of capturing the palatine and/or recovering the egg. The PMCs all had the same objective.
    I did not release the palatine until later into the round because I wanted it to be difficult, Xenos also didn't seem to be having any trouble holding off endless assaults so it wasn't needed. Even with my tipping the scales heavily Xenos crushed groundside.
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrok View Post
    I really felt like we were lucky as fuck xenos were good/PMCs were terrible, because if we lost xenos would be so salty in dchat as it was not really fair for us and as you said i was let go only after we pushed them to hydro, and royal empress was pretty weak.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Memesky View Post
    I really felt like we were lucky as fuck xenos were good/PMCs were terrible, because if we lost xenos would be so salty in dchat as it was not really fair for us and as you said i was let go only after we pushed them to hydro, and royal empress was pretty weak.
    Just to be clear, the only reason I gave marines so much help is because they got absolutely slaughtered. I did not expect Xeno competency, nor marine competency to be fair.
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next time your events are preventing the round from ending, instead of saying 'lol deal with it' please just drop the nuke. With 80% of the players dead and the round pushing 2 and a half hours everyone wanted to be done except for the turbo runner.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPhilipIII View Post
    Next time your events are preventing the round from ending, instead of saying 'lol deal with it' please just drop the nuke. With 80% of the players dead and the round pushing 2 and a half hours everyone wanted to be done except for the turbo runner.
    The round proceeded because the marines were alive and you were not attacking them. I'm not going to take someone out of the round with admin intervention because the hive is unable to kill them, especially not because they're supposedly the last of their own hive and in fact were not.

I am sorry you did not enjoy the event, but it proceeded satisfactorily to me, excluding it's unpredictable length.
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forest2001 View Post
    The round proceeded because the marines were alive and you were not attacking them. I'm not going to take someone out of the round with admin intervention because the hive is unable to kill them, especially not because they're supposedly the last of their own hive and in fact were not.

I am sorry you did not enjoy the event, but it proceeded satisfactorily to me, excluding it's unpredictable length.
    It may have been good to add a special objective for all sides which would result in their victory E.g Marines: Detonate SD, PMC: Recover the Royals bodies ect

Not sure what I would have the xenos do, maybe infest/weed a certain percentage of the Almayer or something possibly have the Royal set up a hive and for Xenos to capture PMCs/Marines for her infect with her royal huggers. Would of been awesome to have ship with like 5-10 predators board the Almayer to try and retrieve the Royals head and prevent the PMCs from taking her.

That round was chaotic and fun, but to prevent it from dragging on too much because of the need to wipe out the other side these objectives would add another way for victory. (It is a rushed rant that I haven't actually thought through, but these are just ideas off the top of my head)

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Styx View Post
    It may have been good to add a special objective for all sides which would result in their victory E.g Marines: Detonate SD, PMC: Recover the Royals bodies ect

Not sure what I would have the xenos do, maybe infest/weed a certain percentage of the Almayer or something possibly have the Royal set up a hive and for Xenos to capture PMCs/Marines for her infect with her royal huggers. Would of been awesome to have ship with like 5-10 predators board the Almayer to try and retrieve the Royals head and prevent the PMCs from taking her.

That round was chaotic and fun, but to prevent it from dragging on too much because of the need to wipe out the other side these objectives would add another way for victory. (It is a rushed rant that I haven't actually thought through, but these are just ideas off the top of my head)
    I was toying with killing all xenos if the Royals were killed, but thought it would be unfair.
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forest2001 View Post
    I was toying with killing all xenos if the Royals were killed, but thought it would be unfair.
    Perhaps once the objective has been achieved the other team gets the ability to UNGA to their hearts content as they have a minute to kill as many as the winning team as they can before a time limit runs out