User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: forest2001 Events Thread

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I awaken the thread to discuss the recent W-Y event.

Did the PMC cause the Biohazard and what happened cause you ended up spawning zombies and apparently that wasn't planned?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically as far as I know, engineering was planning a mutiny and began a rumor of a zombie virus spreading across the ship and all of CiC started to believe it. Then the event happened and zombies actually started appearing, ARES went rogue and was threatening to quarantine and purge the ship of all biological contaminants leading to all the marines attempting to PB the core, a riot brigade was sent to quell the MT's who were conducting the mutiny leading to a lot of crossfire and FF, and then the xenos boarded ending the round with the SD at 4 rods deployed.

That's my perspective as the XO of that round at least. A lot of things were happening all at once.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine actually doing events as an admin

I would like to see someone do the Predator Clan v Predator Clan event Forest, I would do it, but I just don't have much time at the moment.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The xeno gladiator event was a good time.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hereby challenge you to a souto man duel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing that disappoints me is that there is a distinct lack of Freelancers. It feels like whenever there is an event involving "friendly" non-uscm forces, 60% of the time its PMCs and 30% of the time it is UPP or Dutches Dozen. The colonies deserve better representation than what the CLF provides, even if the freelancers are ultimately capricious opportunists.

The fact that the Alamayer is in a stretch of space that is the home territory of various groups of scavengers, smugglers, and mercenaries/pirates has a lot of potential. Too many admins treat freelancer events as simply "CL throws pile of cash at them and they become another group of ungas serving the USCM/CL."

Two idea examples just to spur your imagination:

-A small team of Freelancers deploy (via ladder) from their own small vessel (the large one at the ERT base) to the colony at roundstart with the goal of scavenging (see: stealing) as many wood boxes, crates, portable generators, and other similar items as possible. The team trades these items in to their black market contact to get better equipment. The team would be free to rescue/recruit survivors, sells their services to the CL, build their own independant base of operations on the colony, etc. If the team starts to imbalance the round, have a "UPP Frigate" arrive in system and board the Freelancer vessel, whereupon UPP troops attack until the last freelancer dies and the ship explodes (neatly tying up the loose end of potentially surviving UPP soldiers).

-Prison Station has a pretty neat story behind the crashed ship. The crew crashed into the station to rescue a friend from a facility that is performing atrocious acts of human experimentation. Spawn a few freelancers in the crashed ship. In the science wing of the station, put the station's Head of Research along with two underequiped PMCs and a few prisoners (one of which is secretly the freelancers' friend) who have hunkered down due to the xenomorph attack. Drama ensues.
    Last edited by Outcast Seer; 03-05-2020 at 08:53 PM.
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is now closed indefinitely.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001