Memesky - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Dusanking123

Marine Name
    Connor Anderson

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Con'Keh

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    No.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes.

Yautja Character Story
    Con'Keh. A young Yautja. Quite an observant one, not only does he observe his prey, but his allies too.

The young hunter always looked up to other Yautja, as he knew they were more skilled and intelligent than him.

However, the one he wanted to be like was his mentor, Dan'Dah.

Dan'Dah took Con'Keh out to the LV-242 colony, to teach him more about hunting human prey.

And so the story begins.

A flare arrives in the air. Con'Keh and Dan'Dah go to investigate.

They activated their cloaking devices and went through the dense jungle in the direction of the shining light.

Upon their arrival, they spotted a human. He was next to a dark green shuttle, They could see the words UPP on it. Blood can be spotted at the half-open door of the shuttle.

"Observe." said Dan'Dah, as he uncloaked and moved towards the human.

"Privet! Pochemu, chert voz'mi, ty nosish' masku ?!" said the human, pointing his weapon at Dan'Dah. Con’Keh’s visor roughly translated this to “Hey! Why are you wearing that mask?!”

Con'Keh, always willing to learn from the more skilled carefully watched Dan'Dah's actions.

The human opened fire, the mentor activated his wristblades. He dashed in a quick motion towards the human.

A bullet grazed the predator, but he managed to fatally wound the human. After the kill, he pulled out the human's spinal cord and kept it as a trophy.

Dan'Dah glanced towards the young Yautja’s location, as he prepares to come back to him, out of nowhere, three armed humans arrive.

Humans saw the body and the predator with the survivor's head in his hand. They didn't hesitate.

Dan'Dah attempted to knock them down and make his escape, seeing he had no chance.

The two humans opened fire, the other one didn’t know how to react.

He succeeded in knocking them down, but a bullet him. It was fatal.

Con'Keh, disappointed, knew what he had to do.

The humans had a quick conversation which was close enough for Con'Keh to hear.

"I will check the shuttle, you two get the bodies back to the colony." One of the two nodded, as the one speaking forced the shuttle's door open and went inside.

As the other two moved into the distance, Con'Keh knew he had to act quickly, as the colony is not that far away.

He entered the shuttle, decloaked and roared, to give the human a chance if anything.

He walked in on the human checking the bodies, to which the human reacted terrified, as his friends were too far to get here in time.

Deeming the human worthy of a hunt, Con'Keh used his wristblades to take the foe out quickly, although the human managed to fire off a shot.

The shot missed, but it was not useless. The other two humans were alerted and came back to investigate.

Con'Keh cloaked and got outside, moving into the distance and observing the two humans' actions.

"C-Check it out, I will guard outside" said the man, clearly scared of whatever is going on.

The other human, without a word, entered slowly, his guard up and ready to fire.

While the human was inside, Con'Keh saw the perfect opportunity to take out the human guarding the shuttle.

Con'Keh gave him a chance to redeem himself and challenged him to an honor duel.

"Redeem yourself Ooman, and fight me in our traditional way" said Con'Keh.

The human didn't understand what this meant, he took a second to process what just happened, and then, he fired.

The bullet grazed Con'Keh, but it was not enough to stop him from using the wristblades once again, instantly killing the man.

The human inside the shuttle heard this, but when he came outside, only death was waiting.

He was instantly stabbed in by Con’Keh’s wristblades, and Con'Keh took his spinal cord as a trophy.

After this victory, Con'Keh looked over to the direction the two humans were going earlier.

He saw his mentor’s body in the distance, he moved to it, activated the self destruct and then backed away.

The young hunter found it unfortunate that he lost his mentor, but he knew he learned a lot, even if he lost a fellow Yautja.

Con'Keh started becoming shimmery and indistinct, until he disappeared.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Con'Keh tends to observe, he likes to know how his prey acts before making the move. While this is common among predators, what's not so common is that he likes to observe his fellow Yautja, his intentions being to learn more.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    An honor duel is a fight between a predator and another predator/xeno/human. It's a 1v1 in which under no circumstances are the rules to broken. No healing is allowed and only melee is allowed. If the predator is using a weapon he needs to equip the other person participating in the duel with an appropriate weapon. A hunt is when a predator finds a target to hunt, he can use weapons allowed by honor code against prey he deems worthy at such time.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    Con'Keh looks up to fellow Yautja, he is willing to listen and to interact with them. He will usually observe them to learn more about the traditions.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    I think it would be fun to play as a predator, on top of that there would be some nice RP and cool features.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Predator shouldn't see himself as lesser than others, they see themselves as equals or superior, but regardless I suppose it's not too big of a deal

The story left a bit to be desired, and some parts of it are questionable, such as taking a trophy from the cowardly human rather than one of the others

I also don't see why you'd challenge any of them to an honour duel

Regardless the duel/hunt answer is correct.

I'm really split, but I trust the player will be able to learn quickly and I've seen them previously, they're not a complete shitter. The app itself leaves a lot to be desired but my first instinct is to trust. +1
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrok View Post
    A Predator shouldn't see himself as lesser than others, they see themselves as equals or superior, but regardless I suppose it's not too big of a deal

The story left a bit to be desired, and some parts of it are questionable, such as taking a trophy from the cowardly human rather than one of the others

I also don't see why you'd challenge any of them to an honour duel

Regardless the duel/hunt answer is correct.

I'm really split, but I trust the player will be able to learn quickly and I've seen them previously, they're not a complete shitter. The app itself leaves a lot to be desired but my first instinct is to trust. +1
    Thank you for the honesty, i realise it's not great but i am confident i can improve and master the role if i succeed.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've taken a look at your app before you posted it and recommended some changes. It's good to see that you've taken at least some of them to heart and made the necessary adjustments.

Despite not showing it too well on this app, you've displayed a decent knowledge of the predator values and honour system during the conversations that we have held.

Your RP could definately be improved and your history could be a bit... Better. But, nevertheless, I agree with your previous statement of
    " I realise it's not great but i am confident i can improve and master the role if i succeed. "
    I'm going to +1 this
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Novacti View Post
    I've taken a look at your app before you posted it and recommended some changes. It's good to see that you've taken at least some of them to heart and made the necessary adjustments.

Despite not showing it too well on this app, you've displayed a decent knowledge of the predator values and honour system during the conversations that we have held.

Your RP could definately be improved and your history could be a bit... Better. But, nevertheless, I agree with your previous statement of

I'm going to +1 this
    Thank you!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good application i see you on Almayer quite alot memesky and i believe you would make a good Predetor good luck on getting whitelisted. +1
    Aden Cooper

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Critilius View Post
    Good application i see you on Almayer quite alot memesky and i believe you would make a good Predetor good luck on getting whitelisted. +1
    I appreciate the nice words, thanks!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright.

Be active not by wanting to be whitelisted, but by being interested in the community or you will not get anywhere.

I can provide you with more conditions like the ones I gave above, such as participating more in the community and being recognized by other player (this is not about reputation shit, okay?) so you have a better chance next time. You got unique name, don't change it and play with leadership roles, like XO and SL to improve your reputation (again, this is not about population contest. this is because lots of people can also vouch for you depending on your capabilities) Do something different, establish your character with something special and unique, making him memorable to others. Have a presence in the forum and interact with others giving your opinion depending on the subject of the post and have a clean note history, as this will make you more trustworthy.

Our honor code can be found over the forum. Memorize it, obey it, love it or hate it, you need to know it if you want a chance.

Those are the biggest tips I can give. Read other approved applications to learn from them, learn to correct your texts and understand that in your background we want a description of your character through a narrative or a simple description. See predators playing and when you fully get the honor code, think of a way to play that is allowed by such and innovative at the same time.

Get all the feedback from your current app, understand and learn from it, and don't make the same mistake again. Good luck, this will be my second and last reply, as I would like to emphasize that we are in an app not in a guide.

So sorry bud. Poor overall application.

If you’re hungry to do this, look at past accepted applications and make something close to that.

Last edited by Enyonggg; 01-04-2020 at 11:19 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyonggg View Post
    Alright.

I can provide you with more conditions like the ones I gave above

You may have accidentally posted on my app instead of someone else's, you didn't post anything here before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Enyonggg.

I helped to review and fix a few problems on this application and I also told a few tips that could greatly improve the story itself and as told previously. It looks rushed and not only the story itself but also the answers. (Sadly none of my tips was heard nor grammar problems fixed)

Reading the code of honor and the answers aren't much different just your way of reading and that's not what I would like to read, I think you should put more time and once again, wisely told before. Learn with your mistakes, there's no need to be rushed just go with your time. This community will always be here with open arms, mainly on the discord to assist with your application and you got all the time in the world to fix and improve it.

Aida Clark - The story so far