Personal Information

Byond ID?
    Lt. Mr.Doge

CM Character?
    Dimitri Povtranko

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    US CMT (Central time basically like Illnois type of stuff.)

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    Mostly Everyday From like... Noon-ish to around 3 or maybe 4 am.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Do have some stuff for Gmod and an ArmA 3 Milsim.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    N/A

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    I have made a Synthetic Application if that applies, and I dunno if having a denied Synth Application will affect this Application in anyway if it gives me like an auto whitelist to play synths or something I hope not purely for mod purposes.

//showthrea...ic-Application

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    N/A

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Never No, I'm a good player, I'm Not Toxic like people may strive my name to be.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Never.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Definitely yes as long as I'm shown the same respect.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Would PM the Player asking about why they would shoot a fellow marine and check any reason involvement in any tickets or bans or anything generally in the past of causing issues, and would apply a Note if this was the first time however would apply a harsher punishment if they have a past of shooting marines for no reason.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I would ask for the Predators Name (or just check logs) and then have them make a player report about it and then search for logs about the attack and then bring it up to the Council.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would Direct the now known SEA which are played by and only played by the Mentors and or would reference that they should go into the Ahelp section and ask help from a mentor. If no mentors are around I could probably give them any information I have that can be helpful to them.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would allow them to go to an Admin+ about their Issue and let a member of Admin+ deal with the issue, However if there is No Admin+ on I would inform them they should make a Staff report if they find me unsatisfactory, However if they continue to Harass me then I shall have their Ahelps on mute and set a note on them for being Argumentative with staff and Harassing Ahelps.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Request that they change their name in the Future and ask them what they would like their name to be changed to, However if they have continued to do this type of thing in the past perhaps a two or one hour ban should suffice.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Observe the player to ensure they aren't breaking the Meta-gaming Rule, If they aren't breaking the rule then it will be an IC issue.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Currently Survivor Hostility is a big no go, Inform the Survivor they are to not shoot at Marines Period and tell them to look at the rules again, if they have done this multiple times perhaps if we can give things out like Survivor bans then ban them from survivor, if that's not a thing then perhaps a 2 or 3 hour ban should be okay Depending on their History of course.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would PM the MP to check Marine Law and check their Notes if this has been a reoccurring issue I would inform them that they must follow Marine law like the bible and enforce it and would request the Marine to be removed from Permanent Confinement. otherwise it will be a CMP and MP Job ban with a temp ban of up to 2 or 3 hours at best.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would QM the Aliens to Push Don't give up The Talls are scared of you Fight not run.

and for Marines I would Tell them to get their butts planet side and end the Xeno Population.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Ahelp the Issue to another Staff and try to explain to medic in IC about Overdose and prevention of future overdoses.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I would Inform the CLF member that EORG only applies to getting shot by your own teammates not by the opposing faction.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    That would be a direct Violation of Rule 4 I would sleep them and ask them why they are running around Punching, pushing people over and stealing equipment, meanwhile checking their notes and if this has been an issue in the past apply the appropriate punishment.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Check Attack logs to see if their story is correct, if so Check the notes of the Murderer if this has been a reoccurring issue and inform the Murderer that's Improper Escalation of IC Conflict I would place a note on The Murderer with Improper Escalation of Conflict and leave it as an IC Issue.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    PM Or MOOC the Marines That the Mutiny is not Valid and must fulfill all requirements and ahelp it, If they Do Ahelp it and Fulfill all requirements I would then allow the Mutiny to continue but remind them that doing an invalid Mutiny is against rules and not Ahelping it first or having a Valid Reason. However If the mutiny has already started shots are fired the code is red then Sleep all the mutineers including the SO's, XO, CO and MP's

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I would inform the player that Ahelped that Minor Racism is okay but full racisim is not, however I would Encourage and or Direct them to make a player report about it if they really don't like it.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    This would be an immediate 1 week ban or a permanent ban from the server, Check notes if this has been a past issue apply punishment accordingly.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I would PM the player as to why they decided that a Combat Noodle would suffice, while I had asked I would check their past notes to see if they had done anything like this in the past, If so would be a Job ban from Xeno, if not place a Note and warn them to not do this again as Each round loosing a larvae can somewhat drastically change the Xeno's win Probability.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Check their notes to see if they had done this before in the past and PM them as to why they are talking like this and refrain from using Netspeak and if this has been a reoccurring issue then apply the appropriate punishment.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Inform the Player that had Ahelped that the Xeno Hivemind is an interpretation of speaking english words such as Hydro and Dropship.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I would PM the ACO,CO,XO Or whoever is doing the briefing that would be metaknowledge and would be a Direct Violation of Rule 6 and inform them that Iccly that the USCM wouldn't know about the Xenos on the planet and are responding to a Distress signal on the planet which could be any number of scenarios, However when Xenos are met within first contact then yes everyone knows Xenos are on the planet and everyone has basic Knowledge that there is a Queen on the planet and you know the names of said Xenos.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I would look into the logs to see if there was any words exchanged first before the killing took place, if there was then it would be marked as an IC issue however if no words were echanged first then I would check the Murderers Notes and if this has been a reoccurring issue then a 2 hour ban should suffice as that would be intentionally griefing.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I would ignore it, this is the Internet, Sticks and stones may break your bones but words over an internet video game cannot.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I would inform the Marine that there is no rule where Xeno's cannot attack and or do anything to SSD players otherwise if there was to be then Marines can combat log everytime they encounter a Xeno.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Inform the Staff member of their Error and correct anything that is wrong.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would inform a manager of the argument and give my details on the situation.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I like the server a lot, gives me a massive break from playing Heavy Role play for awhile, and mostly because at night I usually don't see much staff online. For an Example, Currently almost 2 in the Morning : https://imgur.com/a/RQbD2nZ

Definitely would be happy to be part of the staff team here on CM.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Moderators should be able to remain calm, and on focus when the going gets tough, have patience not urgency and are not biased.

Anything else you
    N/A.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there Doge thanks for applying

Most of ya answers are good just one issue really and that's with the bans we don't give out 1 and 2 hour bans it goes note/warning>3 hours>1 day>3 days>7days>7 days + Perma request.
    But other then that everything seems great and ya playtime is great aswell so I don't mind handing out a +1 here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome thanks Big cheeks! I appreciate it!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good app. I've looked over your answers and they seemed good.

Except for a minor thing:
    "A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this."

For this one, we're still doing expected contact, so the marines should have decent knowledge about the xenomorph threat. EB's post about it can be found here:

//showthrea...ontact-RP-Test

Aside from incorrect ban times (Which is fine for you to not know), it's all gucciG.

+1

*Correction: Players are aware of how to deal with Xenomorphs, however they don't know if they are on the ground. Command staff yelling about xenos still meta at briefing.* (Sorry, my bad)
    Last edited by Novacti; 12-23-2019 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Expected contact correction
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hello Lt. Mr.Doge, thank you for applying for moderation staff:

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would Direct the now known SEA which are played by and only played by the Mentors and or would reference that they should go into the Ahelp section and ask help from a mentor. If no mentors are around I could probably give them any information I have that can be helpful to them.
    Mentors do not have the ability to have the PM initative, in order to answer, the player himself has to mhelp. on this case, it falls on you. What i usually do is PM the lost player, check if he's new, if he's new, Send him the Marine Quickstart Guide and PM a SEA to retrieve this player at player's location.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would allow them to go to an Admin+ about their Issue and let a member of Admin+ deal with the issue, However if there is No Admin+ on I would inform them they should make a Staff report if they find me unsatisfactory, However if they continue to Harass me then I shall have their Ahelps on mute and set a note on them for being Argumentative with staff and Harassing Ahelps.
    No. If you marked the Ahelp, you deal with it. Exception made if a admin decides to use rule 0 which is VERY rare.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Observe the player to ensure they aren't breaking the Meta-gaming Rule, If they aren't breaking the rule then it will be an IC issue.
    It's not a meta-gaming rule. this situation is a IC issue. The only situation where you should step in is Griefing and only IF it happens.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    PM Or MOOC the Marines That the Mutiny is not Valid and must fulfill all requirements and ahelp it, If they Do Ahelp it and Fulfill all requirements I would then allow the Mutiny to continue but remind them that doing an invalid Mutiny is against rules and not Ahelping it first or having a Valid Reason. However If the mutiny has already started shots are fired the code is red then Sleep all the mutineers including the SO's, XO, CO and MP's
    Careful with that rule. The must provide a valid reason for the mutiny, players using the "Captain is shit, REEEEEE" should be, always, a no-no.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would PM the MP to check Marine Law and check their Notes if this has been a reoccurring issue I would inform them that they must follow Marine law like the bible and enforce it and would request the Marine to be removed from Permanent Confinement. otherwise it will be a CMP and MP Job ban with a temp ban of up to 2 or 3 hours at best.
    This one of the situations where you should be very careful while handling. as Suggestion, you should listen to both sides, check the charges and how the arrest procedure were performed. then take your decision.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    This would be an immediate 1 week ban or a permanent ban from the server, Check notes if this has been a past issue apply punishment accordingly.
    You do not handle Permanent bans. Staff when handling a permanent ban worthy offense, issue a 7-day ban and request a perma ban. The ban management will handle from it on. You'll be briefed of that.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I would look into the logs to see if there was any words exchanged first before the killing took place, if there was then it would be marked as an IC issue however if no words were echanged first then I would check the Murderers Notes and if this has been a reoccurring issue then a 2 hour ban should suffice as that would be intentionally griefing.
    You should be investigating yes, But that's the only situation where escalation is not required and acceptable to kill someone for RP reasons. Mostly ends on IC issue.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I would ignore it, this is the Internet, Sticks and stones may break your bones but words over an internet video game cannot.
    You have tools at your disposal as LOOC and Ahelp Mute buttons.

Your answers are mostly fine. you have a good grasp on the rules but you're lacking a bit of our procedures, Nothing that a Trial can't solve. Your ingame time OK.

I support this application. +1

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't seen ya around much so can't say much on your person but your app is done fairly well and Hunk pretty much covered it all.

+1 from me and as for the synth WL app it shouldn't effect it as mods don't get free WL access.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really appreciate the support everyone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really know you a lot but most of the answers are good and i think you will learn from the wrong answers how to deal with those kind of problems.

+1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a trial will do you good, as I like what I see. +1

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accepted. Check your forum inbox in a bit for more info on what to do next.