Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[WITHDRAWN] Jamesthebond - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Jamesthebond

Player Name You Use Most?
    Jonathon'Ghost'Granger

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    //showthrea...or-Application | Mentor application

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    No, N/A

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    I view Battlefield Execution As a way to remove someone who has no regard for RP, or disobeying orders to the extent that they are either slow progress on the operation, or putting the whole operation at risk of immanent Failure with the lack of Military police. i see it necessary to take place of a crew member if they are dead ground side or nonexistent. The difference between both the execution mechanic and regular is the Battle execution is non formal and used if only if there is threat to the operation or other lives , while the other is formal for people who are not at risk of ending lives are the operation

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    As the highest ranking member of the ship I intent on ensuring the players around me are as involved as possible in operations especially in CIC. Issuing orders to my subordinates to keep them active while also interacting with the XO and corporate Liaison. I would like to see my second in command run my operations occasionally in order to give them the Experience opportunity to take over a operation *with their consent* or take suggestions on a regular basis. every operation i would make a check on every aspect of the ships personal to make sure all personal duties are fulfilled and insure the structure of the ships command is fully structured even if it lacks personal in some areas. In my experience as XO and the only commanding officer in some cases I would make arrangements for replacements, such as a SO dealing with Requisitions temporarily or assigning Engineers from delta to take on MT duties or assigning a SO to be in charge of Alamo or Normandy *pending on landing zone* with the lack of personal.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    To add a Ranking structure in which operations are formed and organized with a higher level of RP when it comes to command. Such as conducting a better understanding of battle planning and use of combat maneuvers to gain the upper hand in a operation *flanks search and destroy or having one squad find the hive while the rest gain foot holds in two areas of the map*.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    A timer or some such to allow the Marines side more time before the Xenos take over the Transport Dropship to allow more RP such as memorials and debriefs and add realism of storing their gear and getting their gear back for possible boarders with a central link that can be taken ground side to patch cameras to CIC from the surface or space station.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    i would contribute to help inspire the men and women to do heroic actions while performing their duties. I would also ensure the CIC staff will have a greater level of confidence when managing their Squads and positions with while also encouraging greater levels of cooperation between Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, and Delta squads.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Name: Jonathon A. Granger
    Aliases: Ghost
    Born: April 18th - 2170
    Parents: Deceased
    Marital Status: Unmarried

Born in 2170 in Georgia, Raised by his parents "Father *Classified information* and Mother *Classified information*". Lived in a moderate middle-Class American Military family until Jonathon turned age 15 and under supervision from his father WO4 *classified* and mother he attended west point and attended a advance course of leadership and squad command.

Jonathon Graduated From Academy Top of his Class - 2186 and achieved "Honorary Award of Best Student in the platoon: Self Explanatory" - 2186 "Marksmen Medal: Best shot in his class" - 2186. Jonathon was thereby Stationed on Alpha Centauri -2187 at age 17 then in which Deployed against Alpha Centauri insurgents - 2187.
    Received Temporary Command Of Bravo 6-6 after Squad leader was KIA and Completed a Raid on an insurgent Stronghold - 2187. Jonathon was then promoted to staff sergeant - 2187.?The squad went Mia after an Intel Gathering mission - 2187. SSGT Jonathon Granger Escaped a pow camp rest are presumed Dead - 2188.

Gained a Purple Heart for his wounds from capture - 2188 Attends Operation Tall Trees -2188. Gained Distinguished Medal of honor and Purple Heart For Holding Lazeris Bridge while the city was evacuating Soul Survivor - 2188. Ghost was established as an Official combat sign based on Soul Survivor Experiences - 2188 Jonathon was Promoted to Lt - 2188. Jonathon gained Distinguished Medal of honor: Gained After demonstrating Courage and dedication after Charging into the fray to sacrifice himself for his men to Evac and routing a platoon of enemy soldiers after his squad was Found KIA After their drop ship was intercepted and destroyed - 2188. Received promotion to XO - 2189.

2120 - Received rank of acting commodore in which he lead a operation under no supervision against a rebel military base in which the hostile troops hid under ground and did ambush tactics but his superior planing and superior Air power with ground coordination manage to weed out the traitors and take out their leader after hit and run tactics then a 30 minute extermination of the threat commenced after their chain of command was shattered .

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not only have I not seen you around in CIC much, but I've also just generally not seen you around at all.

I view Battlefield Execution As a way to remove someone who has no regard for RP
    Firstly, if somebody is LRP'ing, you AHelp it. You DO NOT BE them unless they fulfil the BE criteria

i see it necessary to take place of a crew member if they are dead ground side or nonexistent
    Sorry, what? How does this have anything to do with BE'ing?

The difference between both the execution mechanic and regular is the Battle execution is non formal and used if only if there is threat to the operation or other lives , while the other is formal for people who are not at risk of ending lives are the operation
    I can see what you mean, but you're missing a VERY important aspect of the BE here, which is extra-jurisdictional and fast, skipping all the administrative actions that you must preform for a regular execution.

Your story is extremely short and lacklustre. It's really just a flowchart of your character's achievements and activities, uncreative and not interesting at all.

I'm not sure if it's a language barrier or you just didn't put enough effort into double-checking your application for spelling and grammatical errors, but the app itself is VERY low effort and below-average.

If you want a Whitelist to a role that takes a minimum amount of effort, at least put some effort into the application.

Last edited by Novacti; 12-26-2019 at 06:33 AM.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Novacti said pretty much everything I wanted to say. Even barring the language barrier, the application itself was minimum effort. I don't recall ever seeing you play as XO.

I would like to see my second in command run my operations occasionally in order to give them the Experience opportunity to take over a operation *with their consent*
    You're the commanding officer, you don't need their consent to tell them to take control of the mission.

In my experience as XO and the only commanding officer in some cases I would make arrangements for replacements, such as a SO dealing with Requisitions temporarily or assigning Engineers from delta to take on MT duties or assigning a SO to be in charge of Alamo or Normandy *pending on landing zone* with the lack of personal.
    As the CO, I'm curious why you wouldn't assign your XO to do this stuff? The XO's versatility makes him perfect for this, while the SO has a strict job to perform.

To add a Ranking structure in which operations are formed and organized with a higher level of RP when it comes to command. Such as conducting a better understanding of battle planning and use of combat maneuvers to gain the upper hand in a operation *flanks search and destroy or having one squad find the hive while the rest gain foot holds in two areas of the map*.
    What you described can be the XO's job, or even the SL's job. You don't need to be a CO to do this. What do you believe is the difference between the XO and the CO, besides rank?

Aside from the above, your story is incredibly generic. Why would parent names be classified if they're dead?

Lived in a moderate middle-Class American Military family until Jonathon turned age 15 and under supervision from his father WO4 *classified* and mother he attended west point and attended a advance course of leadership and squad command.
    You cannot attend West Point until you turn 17, which is the minimum draft age.

Jonathon Graduated From Academy Top of his Class - 2186
    West Point is a four year only program. Your person finished it in 1 year.

Jonathon was then promoted to staff sergeant - 2187
    West Point graduates are commissioned officers. They commission at the rank of second lieutenant.

Some of the story was incomprehensible due to language barriers. I think you need a better grasp of the English language before considering a position as a CO as well.

Last edited by WitheredGryphon; 12-26-2019 at 03:24 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish to withdraw this Application
    sent on mistake because this was a work in progress and not meant to be published
    Last edited by Jamesthebond; 12-27-2019 at 08:50 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Withdrawn.