User Tag List

Thread: Post your wrongful imprisonments for nicho audit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post your wrongful imprisonments for nicho audit.

Greetings esteemed future moneybag... Oh wait cliënt.

Feel you have been abused by the security of the Almeyer.
    Contact me Nichodemius lawyer extraordinaire.
    I will handle your esteemed case with my best service while I secretly create a huge bill for you to pay!
    Come now come all, a free cookie for every first case.
    (cookies may or may not be stale, partially eaten or plain out of stock.)

Ok enough sillyness. Post all your issues with marine law mistakes, wrong actions by MP CO or whatever. I will look into it and offer my verdict. Am I always right? No hell no but I want to learn and correct my mistakes. That's why it's a discussion. Am I part of any staff/mod? No, I just like to theorize.

And most important. Why do this?
    * It helps show where marine law is lacking in clarity or just plain wrong. Good for the team to see.
    * It helps to hopefully in a fun way educate all readers about marine law in a fun way.

Break my spirit to play MP that is your challenge!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Case file: "Lets go fishing."
    Situation details:
    One of our esteemed MP's descides to have a little "fun" by dropping his stun-baton and waiting for marines to pick it up.
    After me giving him a warning he tries it somewhere else. I gave him another warning. Then when passing him again later he is still at it.
    I proceed to mention he is under arrest. He mentions I have no authority over him and before I can continue with the charge and contacting our CMP, he ran.
    I follow him and get tasered. After that since I lost him I continue to mention it to him over our comms and inform our CMP. The CMP tells him off and he is explained it is a FFP crime.

Later rounds the same thing has been tried but my very presence lured the responce "Oh no the fun police is here." another time the CMP was infront of him and I mention myself. Why don't you go fishing now? You know it is a crime and we must follow the law. I have not seen him do it since.

Nicho's verdict:
    MP guilty of multiple repeats of FFP and even NOD due to escalation. Punishment: IC demotion by CMP after last infraction!

Issues caused:
    IC: - Low quality roleplay. It is very unprofessional for a MP to do this. No police officers unholsters his gun plants it and waits for someone to pick it up!
    IC: - Low quality roleplay. When adressed calmly after a warning what MP would suddenly run draw taser and begin shooting. Instead of contact the CMP.
    OOC: - Causes marine vs MP animosity
    OOC: - Infraction of OOC rules with warning, job ban or regular ban as possible punishments. Spends time of mods.

Notes:
    - CMP should have been way more strict. There where already warnings, he resisted and is not preforming his duty to a acceptable standard even worse the reverse applies here he is abuseing his power.
    - IC interaction has prevented mods from stepping in, saves time for them, gives the MP time to learn if he would repeat this round in round out ahelp should be aplied.
    - The arresting MP (me weee I made a boo boo) should have reported to the CMP faster. It would have been better for the CMP to call him to the brig. Instead of 2 MP's doing a chase.
    - Allot of MP's have a pack mentality, this needs to be noted, we must also police our fellows!

This is a small example of a situation and my verdict.
    Am I wrong in any way? (More strict, less or just plain wrong) join the discussion!
    Add case file lets go fishing so the discussion is clearly identified incase multiple cases are being discussed.

Nicho's bill to nicho. Your wife demanded the dishes GO DO EM! Yes master!

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mp walked into me when i was putting attachment on
    very upsetting
    very mad
    very bitter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a BC! You should have recieved perma. MP was too nice!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adding a new case file myself.
    Don't be afraid to add your own cases people.

Situation details:
    - The CMO requested to help planetside. The CO said he disagreed. But this was missed by the CMO who went planetside. He operated there for a while then the CO asked where he was. The CMO mentioned planetside and then was ordered to head to the almayer. But the DS was not there yet and once it was the CMO got BE followed by a announcement afterwards.

Note:
    Yes this is a case where there is a rules discussion.
    Here we do not care about that, we will purely look at the legality of the actions, crimes and punishments.

Nicho's verdict:
    - CMO is not innocent, not hearing a command could be the case but could also be abused to avoid punishment. This is a issue that I would use to reduce the sentence to a minimum punishment. The crime in question is insubordination. Also know that the CMO is not a officer rank. As such adding NOD cannot be done (all officers can have NOD added to their crimes)

- BE is completely prohibited. There are only 3 cases where it is allowed. The only one that comes close is

*Threat to your command. Credibly attempting to or threatening to undermine your command or attempting to remove your command through illegal means. (The CL or other crew reporting you to high command does NOT permit you to BE them. A minor insult or disagreement is not undermining your command, countermanding or refusing to follow orders is.)*

The issue here is the (... Countermanding or refusing to follow orders is.). One must remember that this example is still about a "Credibly attempting to or threatening to undermine your command"

The CMO did not undermine his command he just disobeyed it. Some forms of disobedience can undermine your command others cannot. The CO did not have any lessened power in his command. He still has full power. If one would argue the CMO not listening is reducing his command. There is a difference between his command and for example the strength of his battlefield assets. A CMO not fixing people weakens the war effort but BE that CMO does the same. Should the CO now BE himself?

The BE segment does need a rewrite.

- CO crimes a illegal BE and foolish decision making. Drag the CMO to the almayer but you need him. Because the intent was not malicious he wanted to restore his precieved loss of command. Only manslaughter applies. But he is a officer and the call was bad and reduced the war effort so NOD would be added. Minimum 35 with demotion and maximum of 55 with demotion.

A high command fax has to be made due to arrest immunity.

Notes:
    - The frustration of the CMO is that all he could have done is, don't accidentally miss a command.
    - CO has however much more to change. This is a very high escalation with critical personnel. Send a MP. Don't miss his response that he can't come back because there is no DS. If a BE can wait without the situation deteriorating. It probably is not legal. (a actual attempt to undermine you means your power to command will deteriorate.) You BEed someone did your situation improve? Is your command restored? No it didn't change because you didn't lose anything. The operation did deteriorate after your BE.

Why did I add this one. Well it is interesting because it clearly shows a issue in Marine law text. Or perhaps I myself misunderstood what the intended effects are. Either way it creates confusion and needs a look.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I asked if Bill Carson was taking the piss, he thought I insulted him when I merely projected myself being worried about his bladder issues so I was charged with DASO after valiantly returning from battle with six fractures.

Am I in the wrong here?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TeknoKot View Post
    I asked if Bill Carson was taking the piss, he thought I insulted him when I merely projected myself being worried about his bladder issues so I was charged with DASO after valiantly returning from battle with six fractures.

Am I in the wrong here?
    If he is a comissioned officer rank yup 15 mins. Fun note Daso is direct only. It is "to someone" not about someone. So if he isn't there or can't hear the channel blast away.
    You can call the CO a fuckin idiotic monkey in front of the CMP.

Next time try "Sir I mean no disrespect but I feel your full of shit make sure to visit the toilets. I know you have a big job but even you need to dump that load of crap sometimes. Truelly just thinking about your health." I'll await your next post about being BEed.
    Last edited by Nichodemius; 01-20-2020 at 04:41 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nichodemius View Post
    If he is a comissioned officer rank yup 15 mins. Fun note Daso is direct only. It is "to someone" not about someone. So if he isn't there or can't hear the channel blast away.
    You can call the CO a fuckin idiotic monkey in front of the CMP.

Next time try "Sir I mean no disrespect but I feel your full of shit make sure to visit the toilets. I know you have a big job but even you need to dump that load of crap sometimes. Truelly just thinking about your health." I'll await your next post about being BEed.
    I was BEd before for calling another CO a brainlet, he announced I wasn't following orders even though I was awaiting to deploy in Alamo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TeknoKot View Post
    I was BEd before for calling another CO a brainlet, he announced I wasn't following orders even though I was awaiting to deploy in Alamo.
    No DASO crime even if comitted 100 times can lead to a lawful BE.
    Ahelp or report if that happens.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nichodemius View Post
    No DASO crime even if comitted 100 times can lead to a lawful BE.
    Ahelp or report if that happens.
    Admins were fine with this since butt-buddies phenomenom exists. "IC issue" they said.