Byond ID?
    vict12321

Marine Name
    Eugene Stoval

Other Whitelist Applications
    This is my first app.

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Chris

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    I've read it, yes.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Let's say a guy on the Almayer becomes an active shooter, and has a hostage, I could come in and use my very high CQC skill to disarm him and engage in hand-to-hand combat to KO him.

Synthetic Character Story
    Chris was a 3rd generation Synthethic manufactured in 2171, where he was stationed on another USCM vessel known as USS Carney, he usually sparked long chains of laughter with his jokes, as well as once doing a stand-up comedy on the request of it's captain. (as mentioned in the question below) He was transferred to the Almayer due to the USS Carney being decommissioned due to it being considered outdated and simply not worth the money to maintain. He quickly gained a reputation for his sarcasm on the Almayer, he participated in catching a spy, he encountered another synth on the Almayer once, the Synth was a 2nd Gen male, the two conversed a little bit about the ship, before the other Synth walked off, the Synth walked towards CIC where the CO was, and pulled an M4A3 on him, Chris had followed the synth to CIC, seeing this, he rushed to the hostile synth, forcing the firearm up into the air, where the sidearm went off, Chris proceeded to disarm the hostile synth, and after getting the upper hand in a hand-to-hand fight with the hostile synth that followed, he managed to keep him down, after that, MPs came in and detained the synth, an analasys of the hostile synth's program revealed it had been reprogrammed to assassinate the CO and they found out the CLF were the culprits by looking through it's memory. Chris was hailed a hero by the crew, and since then, he was on the good side of many, despite being what he called himself: "Just a Synthethic, but if you're a Terminator fan, I'll say" Chris puts on an Austrian Accent and does an Arnold Schwarzenegger impression. "I am cybernetic organism, living tissue combined with machine parts." Now of course he couldn't do the actual line, because that's not exactly what he was.

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Chris was manufactured with an ability to have sarcasm, as a result of this he usually made jokes to make marines laugh, once he even did a stand-up comedy on the USS Carney under the request of it's Captain, Captain Albert Barnes. He also had the ability to mimic accents quite well.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I've never really done too much engineering, but I have an engineering and construction guide open in another tab to easily see how to do stuff, so it shouldn't be a problem.

How familiar are you with Command?
    Kinda bald, but getting better.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Good enough, I usually have a guide open in another tab to remind me how to do a surgery, or what the OD limit for a specific medication is.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I know enough to operate it, should that become neccessary.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    A friend kept pressuring me to apply for some type of whitelist, due to my lack of command skill, I decided not to apply for CO quite yet, then he brought up Synthethic, saying I would do good as one, and I thought why not? I think the concept of RPing as someone who follows a program rather than their own will sounds kind of fun to play as, and I think you should whitelist me because I think Chris will be fun to be around, not just fun ICly, but OOCly as well.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No.

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    No.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes
    Last edited by vict12321; 12-26-2019 at 11:50 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like Chris is already taken

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...BmXWH0GUk/edit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damnit. Oh well, nothing to do about it now, all we can do now is hope for the best.
    Last edited by vict12321; 12-26-2019 at 03:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Important Note: As Chris was already taken, I have, with permission from Bancrose, changed the name to Charles. Thank you.
    Last edited by vict12321; 12-26-2019 at 06:15 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feel like I am typing this a lot lately.

Story isnt long enough, and doesnt have enough detail.

Sarcasm synth quirk has been done to death.

You have never done engineering or command. And have to have tabs open for medical. Synths should have surgeries memorized by default.

-1 for now.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would've benefited from reading the accepted apps beforehand, your is sub-par, and inadequately shows us your synths quirk. you also need to be comfortable with ALL support roles, your answers tell me that you aren't. This is a -1 from me chief.
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why people don't get engineering is beyond me, if you shift click anything it'll tell you what steps need to be done, besides from the initial deconning of an R-wall, it's literally right there. I'm alright with the lack of med because it's relatively easy to memorize once you start doing it, but the story is inadequate.

As Jo said you should have read previously accepted applications to see what actually gets accepted. -1.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A synth must know all support roles. That means...

Being able to preform surgery without even seconding guessing, knowing how to make most common chemicals reliably fast, how to guess and treat most battlefield wounds, injures, and CPR cases, how to operate the medi-vac(groundside and dropship-side), how to PO or at least transport PO, how to run req line, how to prepare and do supply drops and how it works, how to set up the engines, how to deconstruct things if needed, how to build a FOB, CM military law and enforcement(synth wise), overwatching, and chain of command.

Might have missed a few things to cover but basically all shipside roles.

Current issue is you are still new to medical, have little knowledge in engineering, no command experience, and questionable req knowledge. Nor can I say I even remember you in any of these support roles.

This doesnt even go into story and any other issues.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing else to do, heed what people above said and reapply when you know how to do support roles well and have a good story

Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Majority Rule this as Denied.

Please reapply in the allotted time and ask for help on the discord and look at accepted apps.