User Tag List

Thread: Arbs - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

The Helllbanian CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arbs - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Arbs
    Character Name?
    Alan Jones
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    SO/XO
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Friendly Robot..?
    Total Ban Duration
    -
    Remaining Duration
    -
    What other servers do you play on?
    Just CM mostly
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    none
    Reason for Ban
    Banned from Staff Officer - John "One One Seven" on the front lines of a massive meta rush. by Adminbot (Friendly Robot) on Fri, November 22nd of

2019 Banned from Executive Officer - Staff officer on the front lines with the name "John 'One One Seven'" meta rush by Adminbot (Friendly Robot) on Fri, November 22nd of 2019
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    I caught this ban right after my birthday. I was basically a bit tipsy after going out and I was rather hyped for the release of Halo MCC in the next few weeks.

However, I do not remember doing any meta rush that round. Mostly just following the body trail delta was leaving behind, being the cheerleader. While what I did was not something you should do as an SO and I accept the guilt for it, I did not impact the round in any form or way. In other words I did not impact the command structure or orders in any way or in any metagaming related issue.

In any case in my time here I believe my favorite role over the years has been SO and I have always done well in the command roles and wish to get back to it. This is more of a one-time mess up rather than a persisting problem for me and I apologize for that.

Thank you in advance for your time in processing this appeal.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

The Helllbanian CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m available to answer any questions regarding my notes, if there are any.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mention it being a one-time mess up, but you have a string of recent notes for issues not too dissimilar from the incident that got you the bans. How would you explain the discrepancy, and what do you plan on doing in the future to avoid further issues?
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

The Helllbanian CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe my recent notes are completely unrelated to my conduct as an SO/XO. I have not gotten any notes or bwoinks as an SO/XO since my baldies days. I’ve been playing SO and other command roles from fall 2017 with barely any issues. And further on I do not understand why my job ban note says meta rushing when I did none of that. I was dead and DCed by the time the ban was applied so I was never reached or told anything about it. Therefore if anything I would like the moderator who applied it to elaborate with me on it as well as to where did the meta rush part come from.

Most of my notes are in issues with MPs ever since the standards have fallen to crap. Most of the incidents have stemmed from failure to follow protocol or wrongful application of charges. This makes it even harder to bear for me since I’ve played MP a lot and got to learn from the best CMP and MP players on how to do things properly. Lack of interference by staff on MP matters and ahelps regarding those issues often not leading to timely results leaves for a lack of confidence and a tendency to solve the issues IC on my own. However I’ve now refrained from that due to accumulating plenty of notes for defending myself and that conduct simply not yielding any results, so i’m ahelping now instead.

Now I’m not sure how this interlaces with me or my conduct as an SO or command player, since I consider myself to be one of the best players in that category and you also know it. You can get feedback from many people during my active time here. And the best part is that I have lead multiple rounds as a CO ever since the ban with zero issues and great conduct.

So yeah, i dont think this jobban comes from a fundamental issue of me or my character. In order for it not to happen again I’ll just stay away from my computer or any means of communication in my next birthdays.

If theres something in specific you want me to clear out, please specify it a bit more, because i may have not fully understood your question.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went ahead and combed through the logs regarding the incident. Here's a rundown of what you did during the round;

Spoiler Spoiler:

You received your ban about four minutes afterwards. All in all, you woke up at 17:51, fought your first xeno at 17:57 (six minutes later), and then died at ~18:02, leaving you with a total of eleven minutes alive from the cryo pods to your death. The LRP portion of the ban should be self-evident, including the 18+ play on 'xeno scum', which I can only assume the staff member missed in determining a proper punishment for the incident, because it likely would've been far more severe.

I think what's concerning myself and the other admins in reading your appeal is a pretty distinct avoidance of taking responsibility. Following Delta's 'body trail' doesn't absolve you of responsibility of a metarush; nor does being drunk, nor does your dissatisfaction with MPs. Your notes, regardless of if they specifically involve your behavior as an SO/XO or not, paint a picture of who you are as a player on the server. And between your (considerably severe) notes and an apparent refusal to take responsibility for your actions, I'm not convinced that this incident was a 'one-time mess up' as you assert in this appeal.

You have strong hours this month; if you can go thirty days with similar playtime, no issues, and an acknowledgement of your responsibility for your own actions, I think we'd all be much more willing to accept that you have in fact adjusted your behavior, and that this truly was a one-time thing. For now, however, I will have to deny this appeal.

Resolved; appeal denied.