User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Queen Cannot Force Xenos to Evolve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Queen Cannot Force Xenos to Evolve

So I was playing Queen earlier today, and had a T2 refuse to evolve to T3. I took it up with the admins, and this was their response:

Forest2001: Can't force someone to evolve to T3 if they don't want to
    Capture.JPG

Can someone help me understand the logic here? I thought that xenos had zero free will and that refusing orders was against the rules?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Issue here is a bit more complex.
    A lurker does not play like a rav. Let's say he enjoys it. Remove his fun SSD ok now what ban? No experienced xenos. Yes you are the one mind but still is a game with players. And good too because if xenos blindly did what you want you'd lose because you can't control them fast enough. You order attack they must attack. How about a hive lord? Do they keep attacking until you say stop. Or already notice it's bad and move back. You can then order flank retreat or attack again. Then they should attack again if you say it again a few more die and hopefully you noticed before you are critically low on pushing power so marines just advance over you.

See now what the zero free will means.
    If you keep repeating throw yourself on the Cades.
    It is you that will lose your body and be replaced.
    You have zero free will to the queen mother.

Good queens repeat commands as long as they are what she wants then change if needed. (repeat does not mean 5 seconds spam)
    Last edited by Nichodemius; 12-27-2019 at 11:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nichodemius View Post
    Issue here is a bit more complex.
    A lurker does not play like a rav. Let's say he enjoys it. Remove his fun SSD ok now what ban? No experienced xenos. Yes you are the one mind but still is a game with players. And good too because if xenos blindly did what you want you'd lose because you can't control them fast enough. You order attack they must attack. How about a hive lord? Do they keep attacking until you say stop. Or already notice it's bad and move back. You can then order flank retreat or attack again. Then they should attack again if you say it again a few more die and hopefully you noticed before you are critically low on pushing power so marines just advance over you.

See now what the zero free will means.
    If you keep repeating throw yourself on the Cades.
    It is you that will lose your body and be replaced.
    You have zero free will to the queen mother.

Good queens repeat commands as long as they are what she wants then change if needed. (repeat does not mean 5 seconds spam)

I understand the perspective that this is a game made up of players, but I also feel that fundamentally the game doesn't work if you remove the hierarchy. If you remove the hierarchy the game is basically just TDM. You cannot claim to be a Med-RP server while simultaneous not enforcing rules that are critical to roleplay.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xenos dont RP. Imagine thinking some retard nub queen should beable to tell me what to play.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Free choice doesn't exist until the admins want it too

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The game works without the hierarchy.
    Because well we play it we only have a hierarchy more similar to CO hierarchy than wiki suggests. The issue is that this is not the RP way and we should be more obedient. Thing is that this is gone with good queens.
    They have respect and are listened to more. A good thing about the Xeno names is repeated good queens speed up the process. The one hive wish is just impossible but perhaps a way to identify who is playing Xeno right now can be moved to discord. Meta comms is the hive mind. More synergy. And as soon as you are not Xeno (ghost etc) it boots you out.

But this will affect many things like the response time and speed makes the Xenos way more deadly. Group pushes coordination boiler teamwork. So it'll shift the power dynamic allot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop being incompetent micromanaging garbage.

They are on your team to win. They know what they are best at. You dont.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, benos have to meta comm in furscord. That is the only way.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In this case round was two hours in.

Said T2 was a warrior, pretty sure he was Elder as well. You demanded a prae/crusher.

Nobody wants to play shitty young T3s during endgame and waiting 30 minutes to mature ain't fun either. People play xeno to have fun, not because they're submissive dickheads that want to follow every order mommy shouts out. Not to mention you had 3 warriors (Troller, Simonset and XX) and you started yelling at guess who, Troller and Simon - one of the strongest warrior mains out there, in troller's case The strongest.
    Shape up your hive during the round, not at the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny thing is that when the queen started shouting at me and threatening to devolve me was that there were 2 other warriors that I believe might even have been younger thus further away from upgrading to elite, but she absolutely insisted on having me evolve. Under normal circumstances I might even have said yes, but it was lategame and I had the brain to figure out that me playing as a warrior would be a lot more useful than some young shit tier prae or crusher.

Round ended like 20 minutes afterwards because of a nuke anyways.