User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Queen Cannot Force Xenos to Evolve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can't force someone because you can't force people to play CM in a role they don't want to

it's like making a medic play engineer or a spec play without their fun spec weapon

they chose to do x not y, so instead of y they can just choose not to play/ghost if they can't do x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure some admins have a different view of forced evolving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see where the player got the idea that xenos have to follow orders to evolve from the queen, but I have to agree with admins ruling that she can't. As others have pointed out it's just not fair on players to have to choose a caste that they might not be comfortable with. Whilst the queen can devolve people back to T1 at will the reverse isn't true and I think that's perfectly fine.

This is the sort of thing that should be added to the rules for xenos, alongside queen not being able to order people to suicide, so it's clear for everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely apologize if it seemed like I was being a jerk. The reason for the post wasn’t to call anyone out, but to gain further clarification on what seemed like an unclear expectation on RP. For the record, I did not de-evolve anyone. I threatened it, but didn’t intend on actually following through because that doesn’t help anyone. Xenos lose a T2 spot and someone’s round gets ruined.

A bit of the context from my side - I came into the round right as the 3rd queen died at 14:10ish and didn’t have a lot of context from earlier in the round. People were saying that the marines were close to a nuke, but I thought we had 30-45 mins left and thought we’d have enough time to have a T2 evolve to T3 and mature. Frankly, it was the third time I had played queen and I was just a bit confused when a xeno so directly refused. I was under the impression that the queen’s authority included being able to force xenos to evolve to T3. I can definitely understand why someone wouldn’t want to evolve as I regularly play spitter/lurker and often don’t want to play rav/boiler. I also didn’t have the meta knowledge that the warriors I picked were strong warrior mains. I just picked the two most junior warriors.

Thanks for the clarification everyone, it will help me be a better queen in the future and know what limits I have so that I don’t have unreasonable expectations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for the most part it's better to have elder/ancient T2s than to have young T3s in the late game. it's dependent from caste to caste as well, as some get far better when they hit Elder while others just get slight improvements. for the most part, though, you want Elder/Ancient xenos at late game over higher tier but younger xenos.

Warriors gain a huge improvement to their strength at Elder/Ancient which is why you'll see some of them afk in the hive until they hit Elder, because not only do they become much faster but they also gain more health and a slightly better slash which can be the difference between winning encounters or being critted and killed.

Young Crushers aren't as tanky as their Elder/Ancient variant and Young Praetorians tend to be much slower and less tankier than their Elder/Ancient variants. a skilled player using an Ancient Warrior is more threatening than a Young Crusher/Praetorian.

In early game this isn't a concern because if your hive is skilled enough and the defenses are up to par you'll get the time for the T3s to mature, but towards the lategame there usually isn't enough people or defenses to delay for long enough to get your T3s aged, especially when marines are on DEFCON 2 and close to getting the nuke at DEFCON 1.

aside from that, yes, there is the fact that OOCly people don't always want to play as T3s so it's kinda not cool to force them to do it if they refuse
    Last edited by Kineem; 12-28-2019 at 09:34 PM.
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think forcing people into evolutions/castes was sort of unanimously decided as a thing that isn't allowed because there became an issue with some queens using it to basically soft-grief the xenomorph team (i.e. forcing every xeno to become a burrower or forcing every xeno to become a runner and not evolve).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some players suck in t3 roles and that’s okay

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it doesn't hurt the fact that most T3's are actually top tier shit compared to T2's right now

warriors and spitters are the meta; just these two castes alone can stop everything but a full push by marines, so if marines don't pull big dick manuevers, these two castes can just steam roll marines

prae is ok but spitter does better with its resources
    crusher is ok but only in specific circumstances like chokes and then your useless, whereas warrior + spitter are better in all circumstances
    i could go on but you get the idea, the warrior at Elder staying as a T2 is infinitely more useful to the hive than another T3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    it doesn't hurt the fact that most T3's are actually top tier shit compared to T2's right now

warriors and spitters are the meta; just these two castes alone can stop everything but a full push by marines, so if marines don't pull big dick manuevers, these two castes can just steam roll marines

prae is ok but spitter does better with its resources
    crusher is ok but only in specific circumstances like chokes and then your useless, whereas warrior + spitter are better in all circumstances
    i could go on but you get the idea, the warrior at Elder staying as a T2 is infinitely more useful to the hive than another T3
    I mean, T2s are meant to be front line fighters and they do that well. So, yes, in a firefight T2s are far superior. But T3s win the game by providing the necessary tools to facilitate pushes ESPECIALLY on fortified positions. Spitters and warriors couldn't assault wet tissue paper because they'd get eviscerated by any remotely competent and moderately well fortified position (ie, FOB) and they're equally dreadful trying to secure or push a chokepoint so I'm not 100% where you're pulling that from. Boilers and crushers, on the other hand, can do both of those things and they do it better than any other caste, although granted they require the assistance of other castes to really make the work they put in count, but my point is that those two castes (warrior and spitter) alone will almost never win you the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait, can't the queen still force a de-evolution? I feel it makes sense for it to go both ways, but I understand not wanting to play certain castes. I know I personally am trash garbage at the defender line and wouldn't want to play them, but I have definitely been in a position where we have something like eight tier two and all refuse to evolve. It keeps the tier ones weaker and leaves the hive lacking in support. Nothing beats good coordination with a boiler in my experience.