Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Queen Cannot Force Xenos to Evolve

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varnock View Post
    Wait, can't the queen still force a de-evolution? I feel it makes sense for it to go both ways, but I understand not wanting to play certain castes. I know I personally am trash garbage at the defender line and wouldn't want to play them, but I have definitely been in a position where we have something like eight tier two and all refuse to evolve. It keeps the tier ones weaker and leaves the hive lacking in support. Nothing beats good coordination with a boiler in my experience.
    Queen has her own de-volve verb, she can't force people to use their own de-volve verbs, as that would give her power to make people back into a larva.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corocan View Post
    I mean, T2s are meant to be front line fighters and they do that well. So, yes, in a firefight T2s are far superior. But T3s win the game by providing the necessary tools to facilitate pushes ESPECIALLY on fortified positions. Spitters and warriors couldn't assault wet tissue paper because they'd get eviscerated by any remotely competent and moderately well fortified position (ie, FOB) and they're equally dreadful trying to secure or push a chokepoint so I'm not 100% where you're pulling that from. Boilers and crushers, on the other hand, can do both of those things and they do it better than any other caste, although granted they require the assistance of other castes to really make the work they put in count, but my point is that those two castes (warrior and spitter) alone will almost never win you the game.
    bruh

you haven't played as a spitter or gone against a competent spitter before, have you?

with the spit changes, a single elder spitter constantly spamming a FOB's cades is more effective in both single hit damage and long term damage than a crusher + boiler combined

a boiler has a long cool down on its shots and a crusher must expose itself during and after its ramming manuever in order to do damage to cades

a spitter can hit a cade nearly a screen away accurately and keep doing it over and over to do both initial damage + progressive damage due to acid sticking to cades now, something that can only be extinguished (a finite resource)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure if any force-evolution ability is added to the Queen, two things can happen. (Mostly sure about it because some xenos can get really mad because someone 'body block', imagine force-evolution)

1º "I'm gonna kill myself, but I ain't dumb so I will disguise it as lag/DC or just burn a few chromosomes in my head and act really stupid like running to a claymore."

2º "I'm gonna kill myself, but, I shall do this in a stupid way such as resting in front of marines and telling not only the Queen but the entire Hive to watch it in response to force-evolving me!"

Also do keep in mind, a T2 is different from T3.

Just because it's different tear doesn't mean it can be better. No other xeno can match a Runner in a speed contest for example, they can climb window tiles and tables without much problem different from a lurker, so do keep in mind every tier got a good side and bad. (I presume in your case someone denied to evolve to Boiler and they denied because doing it, he/she would sacrifice greatly their speed, making it easier depending on their location for someone not only to find it but kill, after all, boilers do create light)
    Aida Clark - The story so far

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its so easy to die as xeno

all it takes is staying on 1 square 1 second longer then you were supposed to

you can easily make any death look accidental/overconfident pushing, because it happens so much anyway since its such a difficult thing to manage under most circumstances