User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Chance to Escape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would REALLY change one thing: let marines turn on their armor lights even when they are nested.

It is just SOOOO FUCKING BORING to sit in the dark, it makes my soul wither away to just look at the black screen for 10 minutes.

Membrane related changes were great, that was a good idea.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePirateSphee View Post
    neth is pushing for nests to be mechanically inescapable anyway
    SSD always. *thumbs up* Good Job!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    SSD always. *thumbs up* Good Job!
    Capturing is almost impossible as is. Unless your a warrior there is no way to do it without a marine killing you.

If you do get captured you will generally have to have

a. Been alone and faced a warrior
    b. Been with a group and faced a warrior with several other xenos
    c. Faced a Queen with a carrier

a means you are dumb, b means your unrobust as a group, c means the xenos have had to go all in

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_bickie View Post
    Capturing is almost impossible as is. Unless your a warrior there is no way to do it without a marine killing you.

If you do get captured you will generally have to have

a. Been alone and faced a warrior
    b. Been with a group and faced a warrior with several other xenos
    c. Faced a Queen with a carrier

a means you are dumb, b means your unrobust as a group, c means the xenos have had to go all in
    Or:
    d. Spitter/Boiler/acid trap stunning you and Sanic runner dragging you behind beno lines.
    e. Elder/Ancient Drone on frenzy.
    f. Walked over resin hole hidden under piece of garbage and grabbed by any beno.
    g. Beno sitting near an egg in darkness. If he spots you, simply clicks on egg, hugger goes out and immediately seeks first marine on the screen and instantly huggs him. Beno then drags you.
    h. Sentinel, or spitter spitting on you three times with neuro.
    i. getting naded and thus stunned
    j. Elder/Ancient Carrier on Frenzy
    k. Any beno that puts you in crit, but doesn't outright kills you.

Oh yeah... Impossible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Or:
    d. Spitter/Boiler/acid trap stunning you and Sanic runner dragging you behind beno lines.
    e. Elder/Ancient Drone on frenzy.
    f. Walked over resin hole hidden under piece of garbage and grabbed by any beno.
    g. Beno sitting near an egg in darkness. If he spots you, simply clicks on egg, hugger goes out and immediately seeks first marine on the screen and instantly huggs him. Beno then drags you.
    h. Sentinel, or spitter spitting on you three times with neuro.
    i. getting naded and thus stunned
    j. Elder/Ancient Carrier on Frenzy
    k. Any beno that puts you in crit, but doesn't outright kills you.

Oh yeah... Impossible.
    d. Runners tackle is shit and the acid stun lasts all of two seconds. Also who walks into traps, they are super obvious.
    e. If a drone solos you, you must be alone. But a drone won't solo you, because it's a drone.
    f. Trap = Obvious
    g. Huggers don't jump instantly in most cases unless naturally triggered.
    h. Nuero is shit and you know it
    i. Marines does stupid thing = Xeno fault. Rly?
    j. Big fuck off target that gets melted by two PFCs.
    k. Unfortunately you won't burst negating the whole purpose of capturing

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_bickie View Post
    d. Runners tackle is shit and the acid stun lasts all of two seconds. Also who walks into traps, they are super obvious.
    e. If a drone solos you, you must be alone. But a drone won't solo you, because it's a drone.
    f. Trap = Obvious
    g. Huggers don't jump instantly in most cases unless naturally triggered.
    h. Nuero is shit and you know it
    i. Marines does stupid thing = Xeno fault. Rly?
    j. Big fuck off target that gets melted by two PFCs.
    k. Unfortunately you won't burst negating the whole purpose of capturing
    d. Group of benos will tackle you. That is the purpose of this tactic. Behind beno line no marine will help you and (besides nades) you don't have any weapon to scare them off. Some are, some are hidden enough that you don't have time to check them out. Especially when you chase, or you are chased by beno. Why Mines have to be always on top if traps are soooooooo obvious?
    e. Yeah, one click disarm and then hugger on face and then dragging you away is so hard to solo a marine. Really fucking hard. Especially Drone on Frenzy.
    f. Trap = Not Gay
    g. It's pretty random, but also reliable. Yesterday I did just that with CO Ducky after DS crash. I saw him going north to the DS, so I went near egg in darkness, I clicked on it, hugger came out and immediately jumped on his face.
    h. Three hits aren't joke.
    i. What fault? Marine is stunned, marine is easly captured. We are talking about Beno's fault, or about how hard/easy is to capture a marine?
    j. That on frenzy has 90% to stun on first and any other disarm. Who says he works alone? Who says any beno has to work alone and they can't team up? Runner/Lurker and Carrier are enough.
    k. Not true. Crit doesn't mean you are dead. Marines can passively heal from crit. Only magharness buckshot shotgun means you have to kill him.
    Even if one, or two, or 10 captured marines die, you need like 4 marines to burst to have 4 xenos atleast. While at best each marine can have 3-4 larvaes, so this might mean even 16 larvaes. 8 Larvaes in the middle. Couple with passive burrowed Queen spawning, initial ammount of burrowed and monkeys around the map.

l. Carrier throwing hugger somewhere in the darkness/hidden (under a beno corpse). After stun runs out, it will jump. Bang, another capture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePirateSphee View Post
    neth is pushing for nests to be mechanically inescapable anyway
    Personally I agree with this, the current nest design is that 2-3 sentinels (real players) have to sit AFK in the hive for 30-60 mins+. But also not be AFK so they can catch a marine if they briefly get up and attempt to nade/shotgun themselves. This is the worst kind of gameplay, players forced to do boring things that require constant attention but little to no action. Noone would want to play a game staring at a green pixel for 10 minutes at a time waiting for it to turn red. I've seen players ghost when queen orders them to guard the hive, as they didn't join the server to spend 45 minutes staring at a sleeping marine who might not even try to get up.

The chance of a player escaping the hive is close to zero, even if they get out of the nest, resin doors, past the sticky resin, they then must travel through caves full of 10-20 xenos going back and forth, and somehow reach the marines on the other side, realistically the chance of escape is <1% and wouldn't lose anything if it was just made literally impossible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I miss frontline nests. It always provided an oh, shit moment for both marines and xenos. Also best weapon to have during captures IMO is a mag harness flamer. Fire is super robust in CQC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is great seeing all the opinions of everyone and thanks @Dorkkeli for the insightful input, truly wisdom incarnate.

@Chocolate_bickie Since I mostly play Sentinel/Spitter I can say Neuro is kinda shit BUT if you spit the same marine 3+ times and continue spitting they cannot resist whatso ever and need a fellow marine to save them as a Ancient Sentinel doing basic Neuro which costs 25 plasma while they have like 600 or so plasma is perfectly capable of getting captures. I have also witnessed marines walk into obvious traps due to lag spikes from admin MIDIs and general lag and sometimes because they were hidden very well.

Since nesting may be made inescapable anyway, then perhaps allowing nested marines to ghost and enjoy a show instead of a black screen. Also a fun fact about what made me want to start this thread was I was screeched by a queen and watched the clock as I was stunned like what felt like a minute as the queen slowly dragged me into the hive and walked up to an egg, and I was still stunned from the screech.

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Capture gameplay is bad and unfun for everyone involved, prove me wrong.