Your Byond ID?
    bramb23

Your Character Name?
    Broden Ackers

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Dorkkeli

Accused Character Name
    Henrik (Synth's name)

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    Around 5PM CT time

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 1/5 of the synth rules

Description of the incident:
    This basically all started with reports of humanoids around the colony and that they might be responsible for what happened, i was running around the map when I found a Predator (Presumably Renomaki if deadchat was correct afterwards) Talking with Henrik (Dorkkeli) I entered the room and started assaulting the Predator with a machete and afterwards with a pulse rifle because I believed they had caused the situation on the colony. Henrik started to disarm spam me and also Chance Warden (Kineem) which gave the predator a chance to start chainwhipping us while we were on the floor. Henrik then stepped infront of the predator to shield him using his own body which resulted in Henrik dying.

I believe this is a big infraction of Synth guidelines

1- Do not harm Marine personnel.
    5- Do not perform needlessly suicidal actions. Your self-preservation comes first.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    I did not take any screenshots but it is all in the logs.

How you would punish the accused:
    Upto the dealing staff and council members.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The council is discussing this.

We request logs, welcome any testimony from involved parties, and wait for the accused to give their side of the story.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I�ll be posting logs for this when I get home in a few hours.
    Kaitlynn Lawson The Captain: https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18802
    Alicia The Motherly Synthetic: https://cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=17406
    Ja'akir Aki The Messenger of the Gods: //showthrea...or-Application
    Staff history:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Code:
    [14:42:58]SAY: Broden''BigDookie''Ackers/Bramb23 : THE JAMACIAN..
    [14:43:02]SAY: Broden''BigDookie''Ackers/Bramb23 : WE HAVE THE HUMANOOID
    [14:43:03]SAY: Broden''BigDookie''Ackers/Bramb23 : NORTH EAST
    [14:43:08]SAY: Broden''BigDookie''Ackers/Bramb23 : DONT LOOK AT ME
    [14:43:13]ATTACK: Bramb23/(Broden''BigDookie''Ackers) attacked Renomaki/(M-di H'dlak Thei-de) with M2132 machete (INTENT: HURT) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)
    [14:43:18]ATTACK: Bramb23/(Broden''BigDookie''Ackers) attacked Renomaki/(M-di H'dlak Thei-de) with M2132 machete (INTENT: HURT) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)
    [14:43:20]SAY: Henrik/Dorkkeli : Broden.
    [14:43:22]ATTACK: Renomaki/(M-di H'dlak Thei-de) attacked Bramb23/(Broden''BigDookie''Ackers) with chainwhip (INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)
    [14:43:24]SAY: Henrik/Dorkkeli : Stop.
    [14:43:32]SAY: Broden''BigDookie''Ackers/Bramb23 : ALRIGHT
    [14:43:35]ATTACK: Broden''BigDookie''Ackers (bramb23) shot Unknown (renomaki) with an armor-piercing rifle bullet in the Filtration Plant 
    [14:43:35]ATTACK: Broden''BigDookie''Ackers (bramb23) shot Unknown (renomaki) with an armor-piercing rifle bullet in the Filtration Plant 
    [14:43:35]SAY: Unknown/Renomaki : If you excuse me..
    [14:43:40]ATTACK: Broden''BigDookie''Ackers (bramb23) shot Unknown (renomaki) with an armor-piercing rifle bullet in the Filtration Plant
    [14:43:40]ATTACK: Renomaki/(M-di H'dlak Thei-de) attacked Bramb23/(Broden''BigDookie''Ackers) with chainwhip (INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)
    [14:43:40]ATTACK: Dorkkeli/(Henrik) disarmed Broden''BigDookie''Ackers (bramb23)
    [14:43:41]ATTACK: Renomaki/(M-di H'dlak Thei-de) attacked Bramb23/(Broden''BigDookie''Ackers) with chainwhip (INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)
    [14:43:41]ATTACK: Dorkkeli/(Henrik) disarmed Broden''BigDookie''Ackers (bramb23)
    [14:43:42]ATTACK: Renomaki/(M-di H'dlak Thei-de) attacked Bramb23/(Broden''BigDookie''Ackers) with chainwhip (INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)
    [14:43:44]ATTACK: Renomaki/(M-di H'dlak Thei-de) attacked Bramb23/(Broden''BigDookie''Ackers) with chainwhip (INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)
    [14:43:44]ATTACK: Dorkkeli/(Henrik) grabbed Bramb23/(Broden''BigDookie''Ackers)
    [14:43:52]ATTACK: Dorkkeli/(Henrik) disarmed Broden''BigDookie''Ackers (bramb23)
    [14:44:01]ATTACK: Broden''BigDookie''Ackers (bramb23) shot Unknown (renomaki) with an armor-piercing rifle bullet in the Filtration Plant 
    [14:44:03]ATTACK: Broden''BigDookie''Ackers (bramb23) shot Chance Warden (kineem) with an armor-piercing rifle bullet in the Filtration Plant
    [14:44:03]ATTACK: Broden''BigDookie''Ackers (bramb23) shot Henrik (dorkkeli) with an armor-piercing rifle bullet in the Filtration Plant
    [14:44:04]ATTACK: Broden''BigDookie''Ackers (bramb23) shot Henrik (dorkkeli) with an armor-piercing rifle bullet in the Filtration Plant
    [14:44:04]ATTACK: Dorkkeli/(Henrik) disarmed Broden''BigDookie''Ackers (bramb23)
    [14:44:12]ATTACK: Dorkkeli/(Henrik) disarmed Broden''BigDookie''Ackers (bramb23)
    [14:44:18]ATTACK: Broden''BigDookie''Ackers (bramb23) shot Unknown (renomaki) with an armor-piercing rifle bullet in the Filtration Plant
    [14:44:18]ATTACK: Broden''BigDookie''Ackers (bramb23) shot Unknown (as Chance Warden) (kineem) with an armor-piercing rifle bullet in the Filtration Plant 
    [14:44:20]ATTACK: Broden''BigDookie''Ackers (bramb23) shot Henrik (dorkkeli) with an armor-piercing rifle bullet in the Filtration Plant
    [14:44:20]ATTACK: Broden''BigDookie''Ackers (bramb23) shot Henrik (dorkkeli) with an armor-piercing rifle bullet in the Filtration Plant 
    [14:44:21]ATTACK: Broden''BigDookie''Ackers (bramb23) shot Henrik (dorkkeli) with an armor-piercing rifle bullet in the Filtration Plant
    [14:44:22]ATTACK: Broden''BigDookie''Ackers (bramb23) shot Unknown (renomaki) with an armor-piercing rifle bullet in the Filtration Plant
    [14:44:22]ATTACK: Broden''BigDookie''Ackers (bramb23) shot Unknown (renomaki) with an armor-piercing rifle bullet in the Filtration Plant
    [14:44:24]ATTACK: Broden''BigDookie''Ackers (bramb23) shot Henrik (dorkkeli) with an armor-piercing rifle bullet in the Filtration Plant
    [14:44:24]ATTACK: Broden''BigDookie''Ackers (bramb23) shot Henrik (dorkkeli) with an armor-piercing rifle bullet in the Filtration Plant
    [14:44:25]ATTACK: Broden''BigDookie''Ackers (bramb23) shot Unknown (renomaki) with an armor-piercing rifle bullet in the Filtration Plant
    [14:44:26]ATTACK: Broden''BigDookie''Ackers (bramb23) shot Unknown (renomaki) with an armor-piercing rifle bullet in the Filtration Plant
    Character witness, and logs. From what I had observed, Dorkeli and Renomaki were RPing in a very TIGHT space:

Broden, deciding he wanted to kill the predator, and did just that. Dorkkeli, in my opinion, was hindering him, kept bodyblocking shots, and was disarming him anytime he tried to get back up - actively, and intentionally assisting the predator in combating the marine. At no point during this entire thing, do I believe that Dorkkeli was acting rationally, and he was very upset his roleplay was ruined by a PFC. Another PFC had entered the room, and it made the entire fire more crowded, there was body blocking, and a lot of FF - I do not believe Broden was intentionally trying to kill the Synthetic, but I do believe the Synthetic was intentionally trying to protect the predator, and get the marine killed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was a Big Red round. The particular incident occurred inside of northern Filtration.

I, Chance Warden, had been getting bored with the lack of orders and so began wandering around the colony looking for something to do. I was walking inside of Engineering when I heard gunfire go off somewhere inside of Filtration, so I ran southeast and out the northern door just above ETA, and I saw Ackers getting tackled down to the ground while a predator stood above him and Henrik the synth tackled Ackers down while yelling to "STOP". The predator in question attacked Ackers while he was down, (which the synthetic completely ignored, tackling Ackers while the predator was hitting him,) which is what provoked me to act.

I went through the western Filtration building door to assist Ackers and I began gunning down the predator. Henrik shifted his attention from Ackers onto me and began tackling me down as well, but he couldn't manage to keep the both of us down and we managed to continue firing and injuring the predator who quietly hid in the northern corner, against the unpowered door, without trying to fight back or flee.

Broden Ackers and I were south trying to move closer to the predator, the predator was huddling north in the corner, and Henrik was directly in front of Ackers and I, standing between us and the predator. There was room behind us for Henrik to position himself so he could avoid our gunfire while still tackling us, but it seemed like he was bodyblocking and actively sacrificing himself for the predator's safety, standing in the way as Ackers wielded his rifle. Ackers would step aside to get a firing line on the predator, and Henrik almost every time would try to get in the way again to prevent Ackers from shooting. It didn't stop Ackers at all and Henrik got shot for it.

It took us a comparatively long time to kill the predator due to Henrik's tackling and bodyblocking. After some time the predator whipped out his LPC and started shooting us, not that it actually did anything because he still sat there in the corner, and after some time had passed a group of Alpha marines walked by and tried to "help", shooting through the southern and western windows (the shutters were open).

Needless to say I was set on fire and gunned down by the Alpha marines shooting us in the ass. The predator died, and then about three seconds later the Alpha engineer fired his pistol into Broden and hardcritted him.

-------------------------

In dchat, I heard the predator talk about RP and how that once he noticed that Henrik was attempting to "peacefully" settle the situation, he refused to fight because he wanted to respect the synthetic's wishes. I assume that all of this stems from the misguided desire to roleplay, so I have a statement for the synthetic in question.

You need to understand that at the end of the day, predators are antagonists and are hostile to the marines. Trying to RP with predators is perfectly fine but things WILL eventually come to blows in the vast majority of situations, and so you should expect this to happen, not try to stop people from fighting so you can continue your RP. RP consists of more than just words, but also actions, and you ironically become the most LRP portion of the entire encounter by completely going against your IC loyalties, deciding to hamper the marines all because you OOCly want RP.

I know from personal experience that it can suck to have your RP immediately ended because some retard runs in and starts shooting, but if somebody wants to fight an antagonist and he has a valid IC reason to start doing it then you really can't blame him for wanting to play the game.

If it was literally any other predator and not Renomaki, who is notorious for never fighting back nor SDing himself, Broden and I would've been HPC'd, decapitated and taken as trophies or gibbed during the predator's SD because of your LRP actions. You would have ruined two players' rounds because of your selfish desires.

Take that into consideration the next time you try to RP with antagonists, and for fucks sake, don't interfere if they start fighting.
    Last edited by Kineem; 01-10-2019 at 06:46 PM.
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I got to admit. I fucked up badly.

It went a little bit like this: I was ordered by the Commander to scour the site for intel, I stumbled upon the predator, we had some RP, I RPed learning the language, ETC.

When I came to the conclusion that, at the moment atleast, the predator was peaceful.

I tried, infact, to de-escalate the situation, to stop loss of life, on the marine side, atleast, since the predator exclaimed that it was a hunter, and had succesfully hunted humans in the past. It was a calculated move, which ended up backfiring.
    I did not anticipate that the marines would infact continue firing,and to kill me, despite my attempts to stabilise the situation.

I also admit, that I was upset. Good, unusual RP happens rarely, especially as a synth, since most of the time you do not really have the ability, time, or freedom to perform RP, which was the original reason why I applied for synth whitelist. It can get boring, even jarring, and I just want to try something new every round, to make it more enjoyable to perform at optimal levels, both in terms of enjoyment and doing your job well.
    At the moment, synth guidelines do not really allow the type of rewarding freedom that most people seek while RPing, and in this case, I accidentally in the heat of the moment, went against my synth guidelines.

I cannot really say much else, that I admit I fucked up, and that I will accept the punishment that will be dictated by the synth council.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The synth council has taken the server evidence, everything that has been said and has made a ruling.

In regards to the allegations we find the following:

Allegation of violating Guideline 1. Do not harm Marine personnel. We sustain the violation

-Synthetics at no time are to harm marine personnel unless they are acting as a military police for the purposes of detaining a human subject, or defending themselves from harm. Dorkkeli's actions caused these marines to be harmed by the predator and other USCM personnel.

Allegation of Violating Guideline 5. Do not perform needlessly suicidal actions. Your self-preservation comes first. We sustain the violation

-Dorkkeli needlessly sacrificed himself to save an unknown alien species that was hostile from the beginning. Synthetics have the ability to perfom medical abilities to injured humans, and should never be sacrificing oneself to preserve human life. If a human is harmed, they can save them if need be with their medical abilities.

Based on the Sustained allegations, the council has ruled the following judgement:

We are recommending to Emeraldblood that Dorkkeli's synthetic whitelist be revoked.

Based on the totality of the circumstances, we understand that he was trying to roleplay, however Dorkkeli was recently issued this same week a fair and heavy warning for low RP actions as a synth. He has violated the guidelines again in such a short period of time that we feel a warning or suspension is out of the question. Moreover, his negligent actions essentially ruined another players round by letting them get killed. We feel that he was already shown fair leniency in his previous case, and that such recent actions show he did not take our warning to heart.

We the council feel that when the time comes for him to ask for his whitelist back, the future council members do take into consideration he has admitted he made a mistake here on record.
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 01-11-2019 at 12:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it too late for me to say anything?

I was the predator in question here, and yes, the synth did get a little carried away I'll admit, But at the same time, considering the context (that I had), I was just trying to have a peaceful conversation with it, understand who the heck they were, learn of their mission and eventually be on my way. Or at least, I would have, until the marine reporting decided to abruptly attack me.

Like, ABRUPTLY. I had no weapons drawn, was not in cloak, and did not attempt to flee from the marines in the assumption that they would at least hold their ground and take up a defensive stance. HOWEVER, then comes Dookie, armed with a machete (that I know was aimed at my head for an easy, cheap KO kill). Not wanting to let this marine bully me, I used my whip to make him tumble and was going to beat him into a pulp, but I didn't want to kill this marine in front of the synth... It would have been quite rude and barbaric, and I knew the synth had a connection to the marines, so I respected him.

but of COURSE, he just got back up and frantically tried to kill me even harder, not holding back in the slightest no matter what I did. My mistake was not going full ham on him and holding back, but all that did was get me killed and the synth in trouble as he tried to defend me, simply because in his eyes, the marine was unjustly ASSAULTING an alien he was communicating with that did not appear to be a threat. Before long, the rest of the marines nearby joined in and riddled me with bullets, I having no way to escape and thus died before I could trigger my bracer... Simply because I wanted to be merciful and respectful.

While he might have gone too far in protecting me (really, I think he should have just stood back and let me take care of things), I think he had justified intentions. I know it might be a tad late to have any impact at this point, but I wanted to make sure my side of things was shared before this is closed.

EDIT: I also wanted to say that Dookie here, even with the information given to him by command, should have clearly seen what was going on, and approached the situation with a more defensive, passive interaction. Instead of charging me the second he sees me and trying to kill me mid-typing, he could have just got his gun and used the AIM ability to keep me "held up", adding to the RP by interrogating me and maybe even finding another way to deal with me, instead of just abruptly charging me without an attempt to understand what was currently happening. Then maybe the synth wouldn't have had to resort to defending ME in my attempts to pacify the marines attacking me. Just saying..
    Last edited by Renomaki; 01-11-2019 at 03:21 AM.

Mentor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Captain this round, I ordered for the Synthetic to gather all available information and later to investigate and research all alien life (Origanally the Yirens). However immediately upon giving the orders that all non-hostile lifeforms were to be left alone and not killed, Broden here decided to say fuck it and try to kill everything he saw. I understand that Henrik may have gone to far, however I believe that everything he did would have been considered within the scope of the mission that I gave him. Aswell, I also had given an order for Broden to be Detained, although I'm not sure if this came before or after
    Kennard Davis
    -Captain
    -Medic
    -Trap
    -Spec
    -Retired from the Game, just a Forum Lurker now

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From my personal viewpoint:

Unfortunately I understand that Dorkkeli was trying to roleplay. However, it comes down to a simple fact that we gave Dorkkeli a very fair warning three days ago for LRP Synth actions. Those who aren't aware, other synth council members wanted to outright suspend him, and I said as it was his first offense, I convinced the council to give him a warning.

As he repeated a violation two days after the fact, the council's hand was tied in this situation. He took responsibility, and I do appreciate that. I was trying to convince the council for a month suspension, but at the same time, this case is very similar if not almost exact to the situation where the synth attacked Almayer crew over trying to keep an alien alive in research.

Broden was within his rights to kill Renomaki, just like Predators are always a side-antagonist. Technically they do not need to roleplay, by their rules they can just remain uncloaked and clock anything that has a weapon drawn/weapon on back. Marines can just kill a predator at will and the only consequences are IC if they were ordered not to attack it.

Broden and Kineem are technically the victims in this case as well.