Byond ID?
    ThePirateSphee

CM Character?
    Magdalene Meinhof

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    I typically play about 3-4 rounds a day, so assuming each round is about 1 and a half hours long, my calculator says I have 31 hours per week.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    I was once a moderator here on CM under the Ckey of NotAnAmerican, accepted back in September of 2017, although I left on the very day I passed the trial.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    No, but I used to play a lot of Citadel

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Yes, Hippiestation back in 2017, around when I started playing, as I had placed a bag of holding into another bag of holding (not knowing what it would do), ignored the warning it gives you, and thereby creating a singularity directly on the shuttle, during a "build-your-own-shuttle" event round.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I would check the logs to see if they had interaction between them, to know if this was warranted or not, and if not, this would come under griefing, and requires an appropriate ban, should this be repeated behaviour.

Should it not be repeated behaviour however, this simply requires a warning and a note.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Inform them to make a player report, as I am not capable of dealing with whitelist issues, and it is up to the council. However, I can do some investigation and provide the needed logs in question in the replies to the report.

I would also give them the Ckey and the name of the Predator in question.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would attempt to inform them of how to do an mhelp and request assistance from the mentors, but if none are online, I will have to do some teaching myself.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Players are not allowed to pick and choose the staff that they talk to. I would first inform him that he is welcome to make a report/appeal should he feel I am wrong in this scenario, and then apply a note for poor behaviour in ahelps, and potentially apply a relevant ban should they have a previous history of doing this.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Tell the marine that he must change his name, as 'John Doe' is not allowed as per our naming standards.

I'm not sure if moderators are capable of changing names, but if they are, I would ask him what he would prefer his name to be, and change it to that.

Should moderators not be capable of doing this, I would refer this to someone who is, but if nobody else is online who can do it, it would have to wait until the round ends.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    IC issue. No action to be taken.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Hostile survivors are currently not allowed as per our current rules (of which this specific thing is highlighted in bright, large letters every time someone connects to the server).

The survivor would be warned, noted, and the marine ahealed. Should this be something they have a history of, the survivor will be jobbanned and possibly given a relevant timed ban.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    This situation would require PMing both players to get their sidesside of the situation, and checking through the logs to ensure that nothing is missed.

Should the arrest be perfectly legal and the marine misunderstood their situation/lied about the situation, I would inform them that no action is to be taken on the matter.

Should this be an ML breach however, I would inform the MP of this and that they should release the marine from permanent confinement (and to put them into regular confinement instead), and I would note them. If this has happened before, however, I would give them a jobban from MP and CMP.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would send a QM message demanding that the remaining Xenomorphs go up and assault the marine force, and to SM the aCO to go down and finish off the small numbers of the Xenomorphs.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    As this situation directly involves me, I am not to handle it. I would have to ahelp it, and hope someone can deal with it.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    The CLF are hostile, and are therefore available to be murdered after round end.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    This would come under rule 4.

Meaning, they must be noted and warned, and should they have a history of this, a relevant ban may have to be applied.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    This is incorrect escalation. I would inform the perpetrator of this, and how to escalate properly in the future. He would be noted, the victim ahealed, and everyone else can be handled ICly.

However, should this be repeated behaviour from the player, he may have to receive a relevant ban.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Send an MOOC message that the steps to perform a proper mutiny have not been taken, and they should refrain from taking action until they have been properly fulfilled.

Should they continue to attempt to perform this improper mutiny, I may have to adminsleep people and apply notes + potential bans.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Inform the offended player that minor racism is allowed ICly, and that if they feel the comments have crossed the line of "minor", they are completely welcome to make a player report(s).

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    This is blatant griefing. I would aheal the harmed players, and then instantly apply a 1 week ban on the perpetrator and file for it to be upgraded to a permanent ban.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    This is a fantastic example of an attempt to grief the Xenomorph side. I would heavily warn them to NOT do these things in the future, note them, and apply a jobban for Xeno should they have done this before.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    This is breaching our RP standards. I would inform them of this, note them, and then apply a jobban from Xeno should they have a repeated history of doing this.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Inform the ahelping player that the Xenomorph Hivemind in CM is an English translation of their collective thoughts, and thus what they decide to call the dropship by is irrelevant.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    As per the new "Expected Contact" RP standards, it is allowed to know about Xenomorphs, but it is NOT allowed to know that there are Xenomorphs on the planet.

I would PM the offending player and inform them of this, with a POSSIBLE jobban for failure to adapt to our RP standards, should they have a history of this.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Check the logs to see if there was RP leading up to this, in which case, it would be an IC issue.

If, however, this simply happened out of nowhere without the necessary RP, the player would have to be warned, noted, and the victim ahealed.

If there is also a history of doing this, I would also have to apply a relevant ban to the player.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I'd ignore it at first, but if it continues to be spammed, I would inform the other staff online of it.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I would dismiss the ahelp. It's an unfortunate situation, but it is on him, regardless of the reasons for being SSD.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would correct the staff member on the information, and inform them that they should readjust their punishment (if one is even needed), and to correct themselves in their ahelps with that person.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Inform my superior(s) (the managers) of the situation.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    You people seem to ask for staff a lot, which implies to me that you don't have enough to deal with whatever goes on these days, so I'd like to be able to help you out with that.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    The ability to remain calm and professional through any situation.

Anything else you
    Amelia 'Valkyrie' Locke and Geraldine Birgitsdottir are the cutest marines in the force

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All right, pirate thank you for applying for the moderation team.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    This is incorrect escalation. I would inform the perpetrator of this, and how to escalate properly in the future. He would be noted, the victim ahealed, and everyone else can be handled ICly.

However, should this be repeated behaviour from the player, he may have to receive a relevant ban.
    We do not issue aheals to victims of Improper Escalation.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Inform the offended player that minor racism is allowed ICly, and that if they feel the comments have crossed the line of "minor", they are completely welcome to make a player report(s).
    That would be a waste of time and willpower from management. Minor Racism is allowed, however if you feel that is crossing the line, you can PM and ask the players to tone down.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    As per the new "Expected Contact" RP standards, it is allowed to know about Xenomorphs, but it is NOT allowed to know that there are Xenomorphs on the planet.

I would PM the offending player and inform them of this, with a POSSIBLE jobban for failure to adapt to our RP standards, should they have a history of this.
    Your rulling is correct, but isn't a failure to adapt to our RP standards. It's Metagaming.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Check the logs to see if there was RP leading up to this, in which case, it would be an IC issue.

If, however, this simply happened out of nowhere without the necessary RP, the player would have to be warned, noted, and the victim ahealed.

If there is also a history of doing this, I would also have to apply a relevant ban to the player.
    Try to be careful when enforcing it. That Scenario is the ONLY scenario where escalation is not requried and simulates a life or death scenario.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I would dismiss the ahelp. It's an unfortunate situation, but it is on him, regardless of the reasons for being SSD.

IC issue.

Your answers are great and you have a good interaction with community, now allow me to ask, why did you, back on the day, left the staff on the day you passed the trial?
    Last edited by Hunk1; 12-28-2019 at 06:42 PM. Reason: wrong tags

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    Your answers are great and you have a good interaction with community, now allow me to ask, why did you, back on the day, left the staff on the day you passed the trial?
    Thank you for your responses to my answers, and, well, to answer your question, it was pretty much that I just had a pretty bad day (in SS13) and realised that I seriously needed a break from the game for a while, which just so happened to coincide with the day in which I finished the trial.
    Magdalene Meinhof el marino
    FF-XXX-V1 el xenomorpho
    Zin'Keh el predatorro

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePirateSphee View Post
    Thank you for your responses to my answers, and, well, to answer your question, it was pretty much that I just had a pretty bad day (in SS13) and realised that I seriously needed a break from the game for a while, which just so happened to coincide with the day in which I finished the trial.
    Alright. I support your Application. +1
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seen ya around and ya answers are good so I don't mind handing out a +1 for ya

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ayyy you passed your trial before, thats a good sign. Your answers are okay and you're a cool player. I'd be happy to give you a trial

+1
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decently active within the forums and in-game. Good answers with only very minor mistakes, which Hunk has highlighted.

+1
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you for the +1s everyone!!! i appreciate the support
    Magdalene Meinhof el marino
    FF-XXX-V1 el xenomorpho
    Zin'Keh el predatorro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take two, round two. Good luck, here's hoping you don't need it. +1

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All as been said, +1 from me and good luck on your second trail!