Byond ID?
    50RemAndCounting

CM Character?
    Sofia Racic

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT+1

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    19-27ish hours.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    No.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    IS12 Warfare, once in a blue moon.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No, never.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Absolutely.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I would check logs regarding the shooting to ascertain what exactly went down. I would then check the note history of the offending player, and talk to him about what happened, taking their note history (if they have any) into account and warning the player/punishing them per procedure.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I would explain to the player that this is a whitelist rule violation issue and that I can't help them resolve this. Then I would instruct them to make a player report on the forums and provide them with the ckey and character name of the player they wish to report.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would message them and ask if they need any assistance getting their bearings. Then I would direct them to use the MentorHelp system for any more specific questions related to gameplay. If there is an SEA currently active, I'd also mention that to the player, direct them to them and then PM the SEA player and informing them of the new player I've sent their way.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would warn them that that kind of attitude is not tolerated, and request that they behave politely from now onwards. I would check their note history for any similar recent infractions, and if the player continues to be rude/hostile, I would warn and note them accordingly.

I would also instruct the player that if they feel I've done my job inadequately that they are free to file a staff report on the forums.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would check the player's notes, then accordingly warn the player named as such that his name is in violation of the server rules, and request them to change their character name to something Rule 12 compliant. Then I would note the player accordingly. And if the player's note history shows they've been doing this repeatedly, I'd apply punishment per procedure.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I would explain to the player that ahelped that this is an IC issue. For this specific issue I'd instruct them to report it to the MPs, and would take no further actions regarding this.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Since currently survivors are not allowed to be hostile to marines until further notice, I would inform the survivor player in question that they have committed a rulebreak, and would note and punish them accordingly. I would also aheal the victim, as they were a victim of griefing.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would message the MP player in question and ask them to explain to me their actions with regards to this.

If the logs confirm that what the ahelping player stated truly happened, I would inform the said MP player that they have applied an improper charge, instruct them to read the Marine Law page on the CM wiki, then note and warn/punish the player accordingly.

If the logs show that the player has commited, was reported for and is currently wanted for committing a crime that warrants Permanent Confinement as punishment, I would ask the player that ahelped if they are aware of this and explain to them that proper punishment has been applied to them BECAUSE of them commiting the said crime that warrants perma as punishment.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would use QM Psychic Directive to demand from the aliens that they commit to an aggressive assault against the marines' positions. I would also Subtle Message the aCO of the marines that they ought to encourage the marines to stop needlessly dragging on the operation and finish off the remaining xenomorph stragglers.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would ahelp this and ask another staff member to check this out.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I would inform them that this is an IC issue and that EORG rule applies to friendly fire ONLY. In case of any further inquiries I would direct them to the EORG subsection of Rule 4.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would speak to the marine in question about this, and apply a note and punishment according to their note history, if they have any.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I would explain to them that they've broken the rule regarding lethal force use and escalations (rule 14), note/punish the offending player accordingly, and aheal the victim.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would immediately send an MOOC message saying that there is an improper mutiny going on and that all mutineers must stand down at once or face punishment. Should they persist, I would apply punishment to and note the offending players.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I would inform the player that ahelped that minor IC racism is allowed per server rules, and explain to them that if they feel that the said comments have crossed the line regardless that they can make a player report on the forums, and remind them to describe exactly what happened in the report.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    I would aheal the victims, then proceed to note and punish the offender accordingly for the Rule 4 break. Since they have logged off instantly after commiting griefing, harsher punishment would be applied.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I would message them and ask them to explain their actions. Then I would inform them they've commited a rule 4 break, and would note the player and apply warning/punishment accordingly. The note's exact contents would, of course, vary depending on how the player explained themselves to me, if they did at all, and how they acted about the entire situation.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I would message the said Xeno and ask them to explain themselves, then inform them that both their LRP behavior and insulting the queen are against the server rules, and would then proceed to note and warn/punish the player accordingly.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I would inform the player that ahelped that this is not LRP behavior, and would reference the Xenos' Roleplay Standards on the Rules page.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I would warn the player that the Expected Contact RP standard states that the marines are aware that there MAY be xenomorphs on the planet, but NOT that the marines know they are on the planet for certain, and would tell the player they ought to rectify their announcment right away.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I would carefully check logs for any and all interactions between the two players that round.

If I ascertain that the two have had basically no meaningful contact between each other, and that the reported player basically wordlessly came up to the victim, killed them and nicked their spot on the pod, then I would inform the offending player about this, then note and warn/punish them accordingly.

If there had been established a reasonable RP basis for the offender to kill the victim for their escape pod slot, I would explain that to the victim and explain that this is therefore an IC issue.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    If the player persists with this behavior I would ahelp this and ask other staff members to tell the player to cut it out.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I would explain to the player that no action can be taken regarding this, and dismiss his request.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would tell the said staff member about what they've said wrong and/or what have they done incorrectly. Then I would ask them to correct themselves and inform the player(s) they're handling about this, if it is required.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would inform my superior (a manager) about this and ask them to intervene.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    For the same reason I've decided to apply for a Mentor; I've only grown to like CM and enjoy playing it even more as I've taken the opportunity during my time as a mentor to learn many new things about CM (and help others by sharing this knowledge!) and therefore I'd like to help the server and its staff even more by joining the moderator team and helping everyone have a great time playing CM and keeping the CM to be a great SS13 server.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Proffesionalism, communicativeness, positivity, friendliness.

Anything else you
    I have to say, mad props for the Santa games giveaway event, guys, I've never ever seen anything like it, I'm simply in awe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for applying Rem

Ya answers are well done don't see any issues there seen ya around and ya a good mentor so I don't mind handing out a +1 for ya good luck

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good mentor, answers are fine and I see no problem giving you a trial

+1
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Answers are detailed, mostly correct to my knowledge and you're an active member of the community and in-game.

+1
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are a good mentor and the answers are good.

+1

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you everyone for the feedback so far, it's very much appreciated!
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I do not need to echo, +1
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Hunk said, +1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very active mentor, and good answers.
    +1, good luck
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've interacted with ya a ton and you're more than active in-game. Answers are good and I see ya as a great addition to the mod team.

+1 from me friend.