User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: do you like sorokyne?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it, because its smal. And its a good map.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like it.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lv or nothing

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's one of the scariest maps we have at the moment to be honest.

The snowstorms that blind your field of vision can easily let a gang of Xenopmorph's get the jump on a squad
    The dark claustrophobic hallways of the abandoned UPP facility, the warm and tropical caves, and the frigged marshes of the planet's stormy exterior give the map a fresh variety and scenery.

We just need good Role Playing events in order to use this map to it's highest potential.

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be a lot better without the cold weather gimmick, imo. Have it be an ice planet but not an absolutely miserable mess to move around on. There's basically no reason for marines to do anything but hunker down hardcore, just like on Ice. At least there are no ladders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the map is good at some point.

First of all, the size of the map is just too big to be enjoyable, of course, a good and big map is good but as long you keep it simple and this map sometimes don't get this feeling.
    (For example LV, some may call it big, others small. But everyone agrees it's a simple map and within 2-3 rounds you understand almost everything, from where FOBs are built, places of confront and where xenos/marines can come and where they will engage.)

The snow mechanic is good, but I believe if you make it rare to happen and when it happens it will come to 'damage' or really 'hurt' people, that's a good thing and will make the alarm and everything just terrifying not only for marines but the entire atmosphere involving players and what could be waiting for them out there.

There's too much of everything: Checkpoints, ledges, rivers, size. Nothing in excess is good.

In overall I like the map, but I think it could be better, it could be smaller, it could be perfect but that's what we have here and we just have to live with stuff we don't like after all, marines don't decide where they fight nor die. They can decide where they stand and survive until the unforeseen hands of death come to reap their lives, or rather a xeno burst out of their chest.
    Aida Clark - The story so far

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno, everyone votes LV every round.

But I have played it once, it seems really fun and interesting, would play again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My top 2 for sure

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite map. I'd only be reiterating what other people have said, big map with lots of potential, marines never exploit the many dependable positions and get outflanked and quickly run away to the FOB once the xenos go beyond the jungle and caves. It's the map with the most character, the most "Alien" of them. There's not greater victory than winning on SS. I also feel as though the OB's and CAS are never fired inside the main building complex for some reason.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's such a nice-looking map, but I'm neutral on it mechanically. It really isn't voted enough for me to actually decide how I feel about it.