Roscoe Carr
    Their BYOND Key
    Grimreaperx15
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    12am
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Remain Professional
    Description of the incident
    After the XO suggested deploying Alpha, Delta and the Tank together, I decided to split Delta off to build up a position at the bar with the intention of mitigating a possible rush, since in my experience squads that otherwise would not rush will follow Delta if they are nearby and Delta begins advancing, and in the hopes that Delta would spend a little time getting drunk before deciding to sprint into the hive. Over the course of my briefing and subsequent announcements, I at one point worded this order as """securing""" the bar, in the hopes that they would infer it as implicit permission to get wasted.

Grim, in response to this, made an MOOC message telling Delta not to interpret this as a metarush order, which I found fair, and honestly was slightly grateful for. I was, however, annoyed by the fact that he had just informed the xenos of some of the marine orders.

I made an ahelp which both expressed my slight annoyance with this, as well as the actual intention of my announcement.

Grim responded to this ahelp by:
    Accusing me of lying.
    Accusing me of giving said order in bad faith with the intent of causing a metarush.
    When I told him that I took offence to this, he told me to make a staff report against him. This is that staff report.

I understand the source of the misunderstanding. Indeed, when metarushes were legal I think I did, in fact, once use """"scouting"""" as a way of indicating to Delta that I wanted them to be aggressive. That said, this was not the case here, and I feel as though it was incredibly unprofessional for him to immediately begin attacking my character and integrity, without evidence or real reason. Plain and simple: I think it is very poor conduct from an admin to immediately jump to attacking the character of a player who is in good standing and has not ever displayed a pattern of lying to the administration, particularly when I was not being punished for anything and had no reason to lie. Furthermore, responding to my(understandable, I believe) offence to him accusing me of dishonesty with what boils down to "report me" is very flippant and dismissive.

I believe his conduct in this interaction to be insulting, unnecessarily confrontational, and utterly inappropriate, and I would like it to be established as such.
    Evidence
    none, it should be in the ahelp logs if necessary
    How you would punish the accused
    I don't want them to be punished, I just want them to be told not act like this in the future. I wouldn't mind an apology, either.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stand by what I said. I obviously did not intend to use XOOC the first time, but I typo'd and sent it to them. I then informed the marines of what I said, and that I had accidentally informed the xenos. As for that, that was my mistake and I didn't pay attention to which command I had entered.

As for the announcement itself, I felt that the intention was to order Delta next to Lambda so that they would rush, with the additional quotes around secure indicating that they were not actually suppose to secure the bar, but instead rush the caves, as is common.

I acted in what I believe was an appropriate way to handle the situation. No notes or action was taken beyond the accidental XOOC and intentional MOOC messages.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The MOOC message was fine and the XOOC message, while irritating, was clearly a genuine error and not a huge deal in any event. They are included in the description merely as background and I am, in no way, suggesting that they were unwarranted.

This report is intended purely to focus on the fact that when I attempted to explain my true intentions, Grim proceeded to attack my character and integrity and accuse me of being dishonest, which I do find to be totally unwarranted and seriously insulting. Furthermore, when I attempted to make my feelings on this matter clear to him, he simply told me to report him, which I also feel to be poor conduct as I was entirely prepared to try and sort this out privately with him. He, however, seemed content to level serious accusations against me, and then dismiss me when I attempted to address them. These two things are the entire subject of the report.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Due to difficulty in locating announcement logs I'll leave that off for now, ghost in the time shown saying the approximate order around the time.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A response to this report is postponed indefinitely as we currently lack an Admin Manager, apologies.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I'll be handling this report.

I'll be honest with you- saying """secure""" the bar immediately makes me assume that you mean metarush- not get drunk. And I'd wager thats what Delta would assume, as well.

Now, in regards to how Grimreaper acted in PMs- You say it wasn't your intention for Delta do that. Alright, we can't prove intentions. You certainly could of intended for Delta to get drunk in the bar because of that order- but that wasn't how Grimreaper saw it, and they let you know that wasn't how they saw it. Thats fine.

Should Grimreaper have talked to you more, and listened to your explanation? I think they should have.

Resolved - Grimreaper will be talked to.