Thread: Karmac - Rule 2, Rule 16

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please cease arguments and let staff post logs

ONLY CONTRIBUTE IF YOU'RE A WITNESS
    Last edited by AcuteCircle; 12-29-2019 at 01:01 PM.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I happened to be recording when I arrived to the fisticuffs scene, so I've uploaded it along with the CO's arrival to the scene and the execution.
    https://streamable.com/rmtx5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will pull the logs in the next 24 hours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I was an Intel Officer this round by the name of Atticus O'Connor. In one of the other reports I was mentioned and I do have recorded footage of this incident as I record most of my rounds due to my knack for getting into trouble. I am currently processing the footage to upload it, and will edit my reply once it's finished. Until then, let me explain what I saw:

I decided I wanted to try my hand at being an Intel Officer, this was my first time. I immediately heard over announcements that the CO with the, in hindsight, very LRP name, had just executed his cat; in itself very LRP. At the time I didn't really think of this so I didn't ahelp it. I mostly spent the rest of my time wandering around the Almayer waiting for permission to deploy from staff due to the event. A few things happened during this time that I recall, one of which being the captain executing a guy and not announcing it until afterwards, implied by the way he worded his announcement and the fact I checked Execution as I was right by it when the announcement came; only to find blood.

Eventually we deployed and to my knowledge the CMO was onboard, I figured this was accidental. Later the CMO was executed, again the wording of the announcement implied captain announced it after execution instead of before. At this point, I found a transparent ladder in caves and got captured by CLF when I went up it. Admins announced this as high command, captain immediately ordered me to be shot on sight for giving up information. At the time I figured this might've been a joke, but I noted to myself that not everybody would get that it was, and I'd still possibly be shot at for the announcement. Yet again, hindsight tells me he might have just misread high command's announcement (although god knows how because it was pretty clear) I spent the rest of my round in a cell with no comms.

Now we wait for my video to process so I can provide my evidence, maybe with timestamps if I feel like it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if there's a way to edit posts I can't find it. Here's the recording, expect ads, it already got claimed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIG1...ature=youtu.be

Donor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure you all understand how Battlefield Executions work, please take a glance at the wiki page regarding CO specific rules when you get the chance.

"The Commanding Officer may perform Battlefield Executions. This means they may personally execute anyone under their authority on the ship or Area of Operations without warning or procedure, provided their words or actions fulfill one of the following conditions:

- Threat to your command. Credibly attempting to or threatening to undermine your command or attempting to remove your command through illegal means. (The CL or other crew reporting you to high command does NOT permit you to BE them. A minor insult or disagreement is not undermining your command, countermanding or refusing to follow orders is.)
    - Threat to persons. Credibly threatening and attempting to do harm to the CO or to someone while in the CO's presence.
    - Threat to the ship. Credibly threatening or attempting to do damage to the ship or the USCM while in the CO’s presence.

Upon completion of a battlefield execution an announcement must be made within reasonable time by the CO or a member of the crew explaining why the person was executed and noting their name and position."

The first execution is what I at least, saw as "A threat to persons." and announced their execution afterwards as such. The second was "A threat to your command." i.e. the CMO ignoring orders and proper procedure by deciding to head planetside all on his own after I had said not to, whether he chooses to recognize my response or not. His execution was announced afterwards as such, both executions followed the rules as listed.

I can understand the Jones execution being a LRP action and I did do it as a joke, I didn't believe it would genuinely bother anyone. Additionally I did take the staff's announcement as the IO having given the CLF information, and decided to play up the situation there, someone did correct me on the Command channel afterwards I believe.

I still stand by the fact my actions were justified.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmac View Post
    I am not sure you all understand how Battlefield Executions work, please take a glance at the wiki page regarding CO specific rules when you get the chance.

"The Commanding Officer may perform Battlefield Executions. This means they may personally execute anyone under their authority on the ship or Area of Operations without warning or procedure, provided their words or actions fulfill one of the following conditions:

- Threat to your command. Credibly attempting to or threatening to undermine your command or attempting to remove your command through illegal means. (The CL or other crew reporting you to high command does NOT permit you to BE them. A minor insult or disagreement is not undermining your command, countermanding or refusing to follow orders is.)
    - Threat to persons. Credibly threatening and attempting to do harm to the CO or to someone while in the CO's presence.
    - Threat to the ship. Credibly threatening or attempting to do damage to the ship or the USCM while in the CO’s presence.

Upon completion of a battlefield execution an announcement must be made within reasonable time by the CO or a member of the crew explaining why the person was executed and noting their name and position."

The first execution is what I at least, saw as "A threat to persons." and announced their execution afterwards as such. The second was "A threat to your command." i.e. the CMO ignoring orders and proper procedure by deciding to head planetside all on his own after I had said not to, whether he chooses to recognize my response or not. His execution was announced afterwards as such, both executions followed the rules as listed.

I can understand the Jones execution being a LRP action and I did do it as a joke, I didn't believe it would genuinely bother anyone. Additionally I did take the staff's announcement as the IO having given the CLF information, and decided to play up the situation there, someone did correct me on the Command channel afterwards I believe.

I still stand by the fact my actions were justified.
    We understand the rules of BE. You are, as you accused me of doing earlier, being a "rules lawyer".

I was doing surgery in the FOB, after announcing I was going to. Everytime to spoke to me I replied, and did so in a calm manner. This is in no way (and could not be by any rational person) considered a "threat to your command". I was not mutinying, insulting you, disrespecting or even disagreeing with you. We had less than 4 sentences of interaction before you Executed me. Hell you walked up to me and told me you needed assistance on the ship, and then aimed and shot me immediately while I was responding. And your order was not even an order, you said you "disagreed". And failing to follow proper procedure, it is up to the CMO to determine if anyone deploys; which I did.

At MOST even if you agree that I failed to follow your order, that is a MINOR OFFENSE of insubordination with a MAXIMUM brig time of 10 minutes. You should have had me detained, doing it yourself, if you felt that way. Hell you took the time to come down to personally shoot me in the head and then leave, you could have gotten a taser or even handcuffs.

I was a CMO in the middle of surgery, not a marine with a gun who might resist arrest. Your judgement to kill literally 50% of the active doctors (and the CMO no less) is (and should be) in question.

Additionally you were banned mid round for using the same name you were warned not to, and shooting your own cat. This all strikes me as a poor trolling attempt and nothing more.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'll look into this probably before or after new years depending on when I got the time. Otherwise, I think I got enough. Just need the council to comment on this from here on out.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually due to the player recieving a Perma. He will be losing his Captain Whitelist for it. That will be all.