User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The HPR Argument Never Stops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't know they gave you two per crate now, that's actually an enormous buff since you practically just halved the cost of the weapon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never get the chance to buy HPRs outside of that one meme round I had. It caused the RO who joined late to commit suicide via a revolver to the chest. In that round I ordered 3 HPRs right off the bat and the round led to a marine win, of course I had to somehow scav spanners and hand a table out at one point along with attachments for it. This was before the 2 HPR per box came as well.
    Still a waste imo, in the hands of a decent player they can work wonders but chances are that I'd almost instantly get an FOB order for 200 metal, sandbags and plasteel after I just blew points ordering spec ammo on the commander's order just because a spec cried a little. It's hard to ignore order restrictions when spec rat you out over ammo and FOB materials are more valuable to the team on the whole. Still, the HPR has its niche role and does it very well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Used an HPR with RDS/Vgrip/Suppressor - it was okay, but nothing special. Burst fire was still inaccurate enough that I had to be careful for FF. Didn't have the RoF I've seen from Bipod/QFA HPR's. Wouldn't recommend this setup.

Later tested one with QFA/Agrip - this worked fantastic. Didn't bother with burst fire (fires too slow, and it's too inaccurate) but the single shot firing was juuust barely fast enough to be worth using in a fight. Got several kills on xenos that weren't expecting the damage output from a QFA HPR in addition to the other marine weapons, and in hectic fighting at the LZ, the queen beelined straight at me for a personal 1 to 1 screech (and left my corpse/killed me on the alamo landing pad for convenient gibbing), so by my guess it was working wonders on the benos psychologically.

Also ran through ammo like a madman. Easily 800-1000 rounds in the span of 30 minutes.

QFA/Bipod - Haven't tried it yet. Probably never will because it seems way too combersome to bother with.

I will definitely be using QFA/Agrip from here on out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The psychological effect on benos is "Oooo that marine is worth a shitload of req points. Would be a shame if he lost his head and his gun was melted."

I guess you could weaponize that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bipod+M41AE2= Literal Bundeswehr with an MG3
    You're trolling if you dont buy one each round as RO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The HPR buff was seeeerriously needed, now it's an actual reliable defensive weapon assuming it has a bipod on it.
    Max Judge, the 45 year old slightly fat man with an unfitting action hero name.

Fred, the worrisome synth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On two separate occasions an RO gave me an HPR they had sitting around. On both occasions I fired exactly 0 rounds and was one-tap-decapped. HPR needs a buff to marine head armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefinitelyAlone0309 View Post
    QF Bipod HPR is actually decent now since 2 people with 2 HPRs can lock down an entire flank with their absurd fire rate, but still, it's 60 points you have to spend on, and 30 extra for the ammo box to refill those guns up.
    You can just refill with normal M41 ammo, take out the ammo of the M41 mags and stuff them into your HPR mag, tedious but can work as alternative if you dont get the ammo box to refill the mags completely

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not important enough for hpr, will stick to my unga
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HPR to FOB squad always. QF/BIPOD combo (railscope optional) + Slap that FOB USE ONLY! with the labeller and they wont take it out most of the time. I grew to hate the HPR till they made it 60 points per two rifles. Its really a good investment for FOBs instead of mines.
    Also if b18 asks for an HPR auto give always. They're literal killing machines rather than using the grenade launcher.