Byond ID?
    SwirlyKins

CM Character?
    Elena 'Tofu' Mei

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    Central time (GMT-6)

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    15-30. Fluctuates a lot because i'm currently in school.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Currently a mentor.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    No.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Nope.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Nver have.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yep! I try to communicate with anyone in the CM community that needs my input with anything, and I also try to participate inside of the last round channel on the discord. I think talking with a team wouldn't be a big thing to do when it comes to working

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I'd bwoink him and ask him what he's doing. Chances are it's a case of griefing but at the same time it's also possible it could have been a misclick.

I'd check the players note history, check how many times they shot, and where. It'd also be a good idea to ask the person shot on what happened before he was shot.

Mistakes happen and I think it should be a priority in this kind of case to figure out whether or not it was a case of grief or a genuine accident.

If its an accident I'd tell them to be more careful next time, but if it was grief then I would apply a ban.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    It depends on the extent of the violation. Majority of these cases were probably accidents and may require a player report as it starts to lean in the territory of a white list issue rather than a server rule issue.

I'd try to help as much as I can with the player report by providing information of the players involved.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    With the addition if SEA in the game I would send a message to them to notify them of the new player. It'd be through a think message but if it goes unnoticed then I would bwoink them and tell them where the new player is while keeping an eye on them.

If there is no SEA online or mentors able to help then I would probably bwoink them myself and walk them through the game. I've played a couple of games as SEA and have been a mentor for a couple of months so I dont mend with helping a new player.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I'd tell them to stop the behavior and let them know that it's against the server rules. If they continue the behavior then I would make sure to put it on a note as I'm working on their case.

I'd also let them know that they may always send in a staff report if they don't like how I responded to the ahelp.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I'd bwoink them and see the reason for the name and whether or not they're new to the server.

In the case that they're new to the server I would get a mentor or the SEA to them so they can help introduce them to the game. I would change their name to something more appropriate and leave a note on their account saying that they were new and joined with the name John Doe.

However in the case that they're a frequent player in the server I would place a not on their account and change their name.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    This is a case with marine law and should be handled by MP's.

I'd probably follow along though to make sure they didn't have a power gaming fort being built before xenos crashed onto the Almayer.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Currently there is a ruling that all survivors can not be hostile towards marines so the survivor would be dealt with and be banned for grief.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I'd bwoink the MP and let them know the errors of their arrest and what the proper charge would be. I'd also make sure they had a link to marine law and a quick run down of how charges work.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would send a thought to whoever is in command of CIC to heavily suggest them to redeploy and finish off the remaining xenos.

On the other hand I would send a mother xeno message and heavily insist on them to push the marines as the round has been delayed for too long.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I'd check their note history and bwoink them to start an investigation.

There is a good chance it could be accidental overdoses, and depending on the accounts time on the server it could be a case that the player is new. (Although not as likely with timelock).

If it's a genuine accident then I would let them know their mistakes and send them the medical page to show the OD limits.

If the marine was going to the extent to prevent people from being revived by giving 200u OD's or buckshotting and shooting corpses then it'd probably be a case of grief and I would ban them.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    This isn't a case of EORG or grief as it is a faction vs faction game and from what I've heard it doesn't create logs.

Unless there's some sort of pact where the Marines and CLF are suppose to be allies then I feel that this isn't an issue.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    This seems like it could lean towards an in game issue that should be dealt with by MP's but it also depends on the extent of the player.

If they're harassing a good majority of the server then it could start to lean towards grief as they're doing it for no roleplay reason and just to troll. If this is the case then I would bwoink them and tell them to stop the behavior and leave a note on their account.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I'd inform him of improper escalation and check his note history to make sure he hasn't done this in the past. Furthermore I will leave a not on his account and ban his account.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would a LOOC message using my moderator name to tell the marines that this mutiny hasn't been approved of at their rallying spot.

If they continue to push and storm the CIC then I would send a MOOC message to further warn people that the mutiny is not justified and anyone continuing it will be punished.

At that point I will bwoink any marine continuing with the mutiny.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I'd investigate the logs and see what messages were being said to judge for myself.

Usually I would side with the one marine and call for a soft stop to the racist comments.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    I would sleep him and apply a griefing ban that would most likely be upgraded to a perma ban.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I would bwoink them and apple a note and ban as this behavior is against the rules and messes with Xenomorph numbers.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I'd tell them to knock off the behavior and if the xenos continue to do so, or if there is a large amount of xenos LRP'ing then I would send a MOOC message telling them to knock off the behavior.

Anyone that continues to do so will be warned about LRP and noted.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Xeno vocabulary is optional and I would inform the player who sent the ahelp of this.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    The expected contact rule changes this so I believe it's not against the rules anymore. I would tell the player of this new update who sent the ahelp.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I think it all depends on the parties involved. If there was no dialogue up to this point and no roleplay then I think it is grief worthy.

However if all four players have been roleplaying up to this moment then I feel like they can handle it themselves and it will all make sense in game for them.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I'd tell them to knock off the behavior and if they have an issue with how I handled their case then I would suggest for them to make a staff report.

Otherwise if they continue the behavior then I would apply a note and give firm warning about this behavior.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I'll mark it as an in character issue as things happen that are out of your control. Chances are if they're in a position where a larva being removed will actually affect anything then they can just go to medical removed.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I'd PM them and let them know so they can correct themselves during the ahelp.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I'd give my opinion about the ban and try to understand each persons perspective on why the ban was given.

If it's a small manner that doesn't deserve a ban then I would probably agree with one of the staff members during the ban.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I really like CM and I want to be more involved with the workings of the game to make it more enjoyable for others as well as myself.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Patience. A lot of ahelps in CM are very, very complicated. It takes time to figure out what exactly is going on, and to investigate an ahelp will take time. So being patient is an important quality to ensure someone will truly be a good moderator.

Anything else you
    Thanks for reading my application!
    Last edited by SwirlyKins; 12-30-2019 at 05:11 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for applying Swirly

Most answers to me are fine just two that really stand out and that's the medic and xeno dropship one

We never deal with issues that involve ourselves due to possible bias so in that instance ya would ahelp like a normal player and let another staff member handle it

The dropship answer it does say on our rules page in the "roleplay standards" section "Xeno hivemind is an English translation of their thoughts, so words such as “hydro” or “shuttle” are acceptable." so a xeno saying "dropship" is not really LRP so no need to note/warn them for this

Ya well known in the community and I've seen ya doing well as a mentor so I don't mind give a +1 here good luck

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good app, good player. I like your answers a lot, and for me easy +1
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I generally don't post in mod apps that much these days, but I've seen you around the server enough to think you'd make a good addition to the team.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing esle to add, I support this app and agree with above

+1
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big Cheeks has already stated the errors; which there are not may of.

Decently active.

+1
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All as been said, +1 from me and good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Cheeks View Post
    Thanks for applying Swirly

Most answers to me are fine just two that really stand out and that's the medic and xeno dropship one

We never deal with issues that involve ourselves due to possible bias so in that instance ya would ahelp like a normal player and let another staff member handle it

The dropship answer it does say on our rules page in the "roleplay standards" section "Xeno hivemind is an English translation of their thoughts, so words such as “hydro” or “shuttle” are acceptable." so a xeno saying "dropship" is not really LRP so no need to note/warn them for this
    Thank you for letting me know, and thank you guys for all the positive feedback!

I have a hard time knowing some of the specifics for certain rules as I don't find myself talking to a lot of mods about it - so anymore feedback on my answers would be appreciated.
    Elena 'Tofu' Mei
    "The best medic USCM has to offer."

Spoiler Spoiler:

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Absolutely support this.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is an issue here in that you shouldn't be dealing with an in game situation involving yourself, otherwise the bit where expected contact only means xenos are aware of the marines presence and landing. The rule states what's covered in that at any rate.

Outside of that direct insults in PMs are something that staff members aren't asked to deal with and can punish immediately and severely.

Not too many issues make things seem reasonable to go over in a trial at any rate.