Butterrobber202 - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Butterrobber202

Marine Name
    Dan Spaceson / BRO

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Hepvus Caminus

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    Not banned on CM recently, and I'm not banned from any other server to my immediate knowledge.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes.

Yautja Character Story
    Doc Link for those that don't want to read it on the fourms

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

The door slid open when Hepvus approached, revealing his home. It was a wide, circular chamber with a low roof. A small section directly opposite the door was dedicated to a bed, food storage unit, and a water faucet. The rest of the room was wholly consumed by workbenches, tools racks and on the far wall, every weapon Hepvus had forged. In the center of the room stood Hepvus’s forge. The forge is a circular steel basin-shaped object, filled with slow but hot burning combustibles. Above it, in the roof, was a large vent to capture any gases that were released during forging and pump them away.

Hepvus walked in while dragging his recent spoils behind him. A Ravager skull and tail, both mostly intact. He set the skull into one of the few spots of unoccupied floor space and threw the long red tail onto a worktable near the forge.

Just getting back from his hunt, Hepvus was extremely tired. Outside of killing the large Serpent, dragging its bits and pieces a few hundred miles had worn him out. He could begin forging after he had rested, besides, he’d be pretty upset if he made a sub-par weapon due to exhaustion. Stripping off his armor and placing it carefully on it’s stand, Hepvus fell into his bunk and slept.

Rousing himself, Hepvus stood from his bed and stretched. Hard work was ahead. Consuming some food and water to get his day started, Hepvus re-equipped his armor. The Hunt began at the forge, it was only fitting to be properly dressed. It was completely unrelated that the fuel of his forge burned hot enough to pain even Yautja. The price of forging Serpent carapace.

Hepvus approached his forge, and took a knee before it. Bowing his head, he began, “Kehrite, my lord, allow my forefathers to see the works of my hands and fruits of my hunts. May my honor be as strong as your steel.” Standing, Hepvus ignited his forge creating sparks on the edge of the basin with his wrist blades.

Hepvus moved over to the Serpent’s spiked tail, still where he had left it on the worktable. Picking up a large blade, Hepvus cut it down to a manageable size. Not much point in a weapon that is unwieldy. Hepvus slid the excess tail into the floor, and began preparing the Serpent tail for forging. He drew a sizable bottle from one of his utility pouches and covered a nanofiber rag in the solution inside. Hepvus began to wipe down the entire tail in the chemical. Reason being, Serpents had poor tolerance of heat when they were alive, their dead limbs less so. The solution would invade all the cracks and crevices in the chitin and coat the exterior, allowing it to be heated and worked.

Setting the tail aside to allow the solution to set in properly, Hepvus moved over to a sizeable pile of garbage sitting in his floor. To be exact, the pile consisted of broken weapons Hepvus had relieved other Yautja of and his own failed projects. The metal that was used to make their weapons Serpent blood-resistant was not common, and Hepvus was willing to take even the worst weapon as long as it was made of the material. Digging around, he pulled an executioner's blade style longsword, a terrific weapon for cleaving through prey, too bad this specific example had its blade broken in half. Hepvus wasn’t sure where the other half was, because this weapon had ended up near his door one morning with no sign of who had left it.

Regardless, Hepvus took the broken weapon and heated the blade in the forge. Once it was white-hot he sliced the remainder of the blade off, catching the molten melt in a container for later use. He’d wondered if often if his ancestors thought him lower somehow. Always having to scavenge for his materials instead of simply working the ore as they did. Perhaps once the Elder recognized him as an Elite Forgemaster, he’d be allowed proper materials.

Happy with his work so far, Hepvus drilled an attachment point into the hilt then set it aside. Hepvus took the tail from its resting spot, solution fully set, and began to slowly and methodically heat the first segment of the tail. Once it was heated, Hepvus carefully carved a sharp, serrated, edge into each side of the tail. He repeated this process up until the point of the tail. Examining the boney spike at the end of the tail, Hepvus noticed it was curved upwards slightly. A simple fix, Hepvus heated it and then beat the spike into place with his hammer, molding it into a sharp straight edge.

Hepvus grabbed the hilt and heated the top of it as he heated the bottom of the Serpent tail. Once both were white-hot, he very carefully wove strong heat-proof nanofiber through both items. Once sufficient amounts were weaved in, Hepvus drew them taught and took great stratification of the hissing sound produced when the Serpent’s tails hit the hilt. Hepvus added the finishing touches to the melding point, then hung the Serpent Whip up to cool down.

Another weapon completed.

(868 Words)

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Short answer, Hepvus will be played very straight-forward and practically.

Long answer, In his mind, he is first a Forgemaster and a Hunter second, therefore his prey choices will be influenced by the usable materials present on the prey's body. Examples would be a Ravager's claws or a marine's spine. A successful hunt means coming back with materials that can be turned into proper trophies. (read: Weapons and Armor)

When hunting, I plan to be pretty straight-shooting when it comes to fights, equal the odds to a respectable and honorable degree, then fight. He is not going to go out of his way to setup traps or employ advanced skulduggery to win.

Hepvus would probably only initiate a duel if he was impressed with the way Prey are using their weapons. Examples include, a clever marine locking down the Xenos using a combination of skill and weapon usage would catch his eye. Or a xeno using its abilities to combat a multitude of marines at once.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    A Hunt means the Predator is seeking worthy prey to dispatch and take a trophy from. Both parties are free to use whatever equipment or natural abilities they see fit to use, even if the playing field is uneven, but not lopsided. Hunts are targeted on prey that are worthy, but not true equals of the Yautja.

A Duel implies the Predator sees the Duelist as a exceptional fighter that can provide the Hunter will a real test of their metal. The playing field is flattened so that it is equal on both sides. Duels are targeted on truly worthy beings that can MATCH a Yautja's fighting ability, an equal.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    Hepvus would be friendly and social before and after hunts. Who is he going to show his cool trophies and stuff too if all the other Predators don't like him?

During a Hunt though, Hepvus will likely be extremely quiet and focused on securing his target. The only thing he'd call out to the other Hunters is the presence of annoying dishonorables and major events. E.g. the Xenos breaching the Main Marine FoB to notify the other Hunters of shifting battle lines.

Lastly, Hepvus will probably be very offended if any fellow Yautja insult his work or they materials he collects after a hunt due to the importance Hepvus places on them.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    Got a pair of reasons, first one being, Yautja look cool to play. Its an interesting concept that captured my attention.

Second reason, I've been playing CM since Pre-Alpha and I'd like to inject some new content into my playtime. I don't have any of the whitelists, so I decided to start with the Predator.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Having discord access is a requirement because of important annoucements relating to predator codes/guidelines. Are you currently banned from the CM Discord?
    No

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old Forum account for those concerned with my low post count.
    -----------

I'd also like to thank all these people who took the time to proof read the various versions of this App I created:

Survivor, Sleepy Retard, Simonset55, HeleC, Memesky, TacticalSpacePilot
    Last edited by Butterrobber202; 01-04-2020 at 04:39 PM. Reason: added thanks

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had originally told Butter to focus his story on the gimmick rather than the combat, and I think it turned out well. He was pretty dedicated to getting the story just right, and I'm more than confident to say its good enough. The answers, I like. With such, I'll give this my +1.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum activity is low so that's one strike. But you have no ban history so that's a plus.

In game I recall some good experiences with your Character, I can't attest if that means you'll make a good Predator but it means you are a good player.

The story does show a good command and understanding of Predator lore, which I find to be most important to demonstrate.

Your suggested play style is very bland and has very little explained, but in my opinion you really need to play a few rounds as a Predator to really appreciate how the role functions and meshes with the game, something you can't get from observing one.

I'm going to suggest a +1. While your lack of extensive forum activity and your underdeveloped playstyle are points of contention, however my recalled instances of your in game conduct, your clean record and you good understanding of Predator lore and an entertaining story show promise. In my non-professional opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quirk is alright, however I don't know how easily you will be able to pull off the whole forging thing in game. Perhaps emotes? You put in effort to the story and it shows what the mind of a predator is like. +1
    beast

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyonggg View Post
    snip
    Please see my comment under the post in regards to forum activity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Previously had the opportunity to analyze it before posted and so far looking great!

Great player and the narrative is just astonishing, escaping from the conventional stories about seeking a xenomorph and speaking about gods is always a good way to show your efforts to understand the lore and add it to your story in the end.

+1 from me!
    Aida Clark - The story so far

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not bad at all and i like the whole aspect of being a "weapon smith" +1 itll be good to see where it goes
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there, Butterrobber202

We have reviewed your application and have decided to accept it based on the following factors:

1. Your character is intriguing and has a unique trait/quirk. It is a relief to see such a well developed tradesmith Yautja in-game, despite the fact that we are limited in what we can and can't build at the moment. We believe that you will add quality RP moments in-game during the rounds you choose to enter the hunt.

2. You have plenty of in-game time

3. You are not a known disruptor in-game or within the community.

We welcome you into the fold.

I have messaged Bancrose and informed him of our decision.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I trust Rob's Judgement.

You'll be getting your perms ingame shortly.