User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why Corporate Liasions Should be Traitors (Sometimes)

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A further issue is that it is difficult for the CL to get anything done because all he has to offer is money.. which outside of RP is worthless on the server.

He needs something that would give marines a reason to work with him

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varnock View Post
    I mean, to be fair, you can go down to the colony yourself to take pictures and the like, and if you find an egg, well, nothing is stopping you from going back up and breeding it. You have all the access needed as CL, and Research has all the needed items between the cells and the spare box of monkey cubes in the storage. We like initiative, well written faxes, and I personally like it when the proper format is used. So while you can't self antagonize yourself, you can still do shady things, and it might even result in corrupt xenomorphs or objectives if you're lucky.

In fact you can bribe people to smuggle eggs and otherwise do things for you, I do it all the time. Of course I also get tazed or beat up when I do that, but that comes with the territory of shady corporate rep.

Most of this is all currently stuff that's classified as an event though, but it might someday exist as something else, who knows. Try making a suggest on gitlab after getting feedback here, you never know.
    The sad thing is that people either fax and get no response or don't bother faxing because they won't get a response. I have written enough faxes in my day to know that...

That's why I think a traitor CL could be cool. Currently they just pester CIC to sign stuff and whatnot. But if they had something to do it would be a fun job that could create more RP. Don't know about the synth idea though. They are kinda important for marines.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno, having a traitor on the ship undermining the Marines would create some serious salt. It's already hard enough for them to win as is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's only once every 4 or so rounds (25% CL traitor chance) it won't have a serious impact at all actually, especially given that the CL will often fail at whatever mission they're on, or that mission will be fairly benign.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedominspace View Post
    I dunno, having a traitor on the ship undermining the Marines would create some serious salt. It's already hard enough for them to win as is.
    There could simply be a rule against antag CLs blowing up random parts of the ship or CIC or assasinating Command or important roles at the early mid round because it doesnt really make sense IC either, your objectives are to get shit for the company not cripple the marines.

That said, Marines are supposed to lose most of the time. It's so funny how Devs and Admemes used to stress this so fucing much back in the day and now they themselves forgot it.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentMountain View Post
    There could simply be a rule against antag CLs blowing up random parts of the ship or CIC or assasinating Command or important roles at the early mid round because it doesnt really make sense IC either, your objectives are to get shit for the company not cripple the marines.

That said, Marines are "supposed" to lose most of the time. It's so funny how Devs and Admemes used to stress this so fucing much back in the day and now they themselves forgot it.
    They are not and anybody who disagrees is a filthy benomain.

Also it shouldn't be rule, it should be admeme common sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    They are not and anybody who disagrees is a filthy benomain.

Also it shouldn't be rule, it should be admeme common sense.
    You both make valid points, there were days where Perfect Imbalance was stressed ad nauseam. However, this has more or less gone away in recent months. The concept hasn't, but the stress has. Part of it, I suppose, is the influx of new people brought on by the Sseth and Rimtides. If they believe that they don't have a chance, they're not going to stick around.

Even so, assuming the concept still stands, this is not how it should be done. If the Marines really are supposed to lose 70% of the time, this should be done by having the Xenos beat them on the field, and not through active sabotage by something that the majority of the players have no influence over. Traitors and such are great in admin events, because events are at their core something new and exciting. However, having a traitor every round with so much else going on at the same time just wouldn't be fun for the majority of players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps making the server more imbalanced would be a blessing in disguise, right now on high pop hours there are simply too many players for the server to effectively handle. We have to make CM more hardcore again, so that it can actually be played with anything less than 200 ping and a snails pace movement.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trench007 View Post
    Perhaps making the server more imbalanced would be a blessing in disguise, right now on high pop hours there are simply too many players for the server to effectively handle. We have to make CM more hardcore again, so that it can actually be played with anything less than 200 ping and a snails pace movement.
    You won't really get it since marine side is balanced around robustos and beno side is balanced around baldies. The most accessible role (PFC) is fucked up for baldies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why stop there? Make it so CL, MT, Researcher, and ROs can all be traitor classes for either CLF, W-Y, or UPP. Probably make CL the most common one. Make traitor rounds occur 40-50% of the time. Make CL Traitor 30-40% of the time there's a traitor. It will spice up Almayer gameplay and give potential for things like CLF attack occuring mid-mission while the Marines are still planet side, or a Researcher hoarding eggs for W-T only for them to hatch while he's trying to transport them off the Almayer illegally. There's dozens of great possibilities that could thematically and interestingly change the game mid-round through actual player action rather than Admeme garbage.