User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why Corporate Liasions Should be Traitors (Sometimes)

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Marines get antags we need antags for xenos too
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More examples--

As MT, disable the Dropship transponders so they can no longer take off or land. This initiates a boarding action by CLF troops while marines are stuck planetside. k

As CL, you can recruit PFCs through bribery to join a W-T mutiny. If you recruit enough PFCs, a PMC force will assault the ship to capture the CL and any researchers/research documents/eggs about the ship.

As Researcher, you could be... a member of Space PETA?/ecoterrorist and attempt terrorism to free the Benos from the containment cells.

As RO, you could be required to order a bunch of black market crates, and once you've snuck enough off to a location a UPP force will arrive, take the weapons from the crates, and attack the Almayer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im just saying the whole "WE CANT DO THAT BECAUSE IT WILL HAMPER THE MARINES CHANCES TO WIN" is idiotic and reflective of how devs have lost their way. This was never a game about MUH PVP MUH K/D MUH WINS.

The game was supposed to be about having fun playing out a situation. Marines were not supposed to be these fucking Astartes Terminators that have a good chance to curbstomp benos. The game is at its best when a squad of marines is desperately holding a point against a overwhelming xeno assault or entering into a dark hall of a colony with xenomorphs about to ambush them, a frantic retreat trough the infested halls while the Lieutenant is screaming about how you're gonna be cut off, the game is fun when marines are put on situations that are stressful but fun to play out.

It's why the game feels so stale these days. It's just a deathmatch, on an engine that is probably the most inadequate for that style of fast and precision gameplay.

Introduce mechanics that make the game fun and creative for players instead of focusing on making every match an exact carbon copy of the previous one where everyone is on equal footing. That is simply boring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuteCircle View Post
    If Marines get antags we need antags for xenos too
    They're called Predators

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentMountain View Post
    They're called Predators
    Common pred is unrobust enough to mostly hunt marines.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well yes, CL can be so boring sometimes, but here's some things that may spice your round(that I do) and will not result in punishment from mods:

-Get vendors and put them in your office, tell the MPs you're "redecorating" your office
    -Go to the IOs and beg them to let you in engineering, get some toolboxes, blowtorch and everything you "need", sometimes even the CE lets me do that. Stay away from MPs
    -Briefing time? Go to the CO's office, you have access to it. Steal his Almayer book, his money and, with the crowbar you got from engineering, get that fine carpet and put it in your office.
    -If survivors are alive and willing to RP, make them your guards that follow you around like a pet. Give them "salary" and things like that, but ohoho if they're an engineer, you can hack in every room you want.
    -Gun/drug dealer. Steal those weapons from req or from the hallways. Put them in the vents. Steal armor, attachments, ammo, drugs from medbay(if the survivor is a doctor, tell him to go to the MPs and give him access to doctor areas). Get PFCs or people who are willing to RP, sell them things etc.

You don't necessarily need to deploy, I think I've never done that as a CL. One time I have achieved "CL major", basically fucking up the command so bad they can't concentrate on the mission, therefore leading to a xeno major. I escaped custody 7 times, one time I was put in a straight jacket, but the MP accidentally shot me by misclick. I demanded medical assistance, and Felix, my robot savior that round, got me to surgery in medbay. He took my straight jacket off(not needed in surgeries), operated me and then let me go. The MPs didn't notice me somehow. Then I went into my office, I got my pistol, armor and I started barricading. Shutters locked, cabinets at the doors and windows. The MT breached into my room, then I retreated into my office. Sadly I couldn't use my gun as the admins didn't allow it. I forgot to close the shutters, and the MT just unwrenched the cabinet and the MPs threw a flashbang, pepper spray, everything. Then I was freed cause the xenos were coming. After that, they stole my satchel with my thousands of dollars on it, so I wanted to target an MP, but I was too close to him and it hit him. Even tho I apologized, he took me to the brig. The XO and CMP, furious decided to execute me. Nothing official, just PBed to death by shotgun in the brig. I forgot why I was brigged the first time, but it was fun.
    It's up to you on what you do to spice your round up, use your imagination and go wild. If you are unsure about something, ahelp it. If someone, most likely MPs, asks you why you do it, either find a good RP reason or say "It's in the company's interest" and boom, most will let you leave. Have fun!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Admemes try to avoid antagonizing CLs because it means having a degree of responsability over someone who you don't really know what to expect of.
    If you were given the task to sabotage the ship just imagine the retaliation of the crew, and how the CL would react could snowball into more issues, which for better or for worse could affect the operation as a whole.

And just imagine who has to deal with the shitshow that was created thanks to antag CL
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Me_Bigsnail View Post

And just imagine who has to deal with the shitshow that was created thanks to antag CL
    You mean the MPs that never have anything to do actually having an interesting situation to handle once every 4 or 5 rounds? Yeah, just imagine. The point of the game, as SilentMountain said, is not a team death match shooty-shooty competition to win at all costs. It's a RP game. Shit happens that sometimes isn't fair.
    Last edited by Chemical; 01-12-2020 at 03:12 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
    You mean the MPs that never have anything to do actually having an interesting situation to handle once every 4 or 5 rounds? Yeah, just imagine. The point of the game, as SilentMountain said, is not a team death match shooty-shooty competition to win at all costs. It's a RP game. Shit happens that sometimes isn't fair.
    CM isn't a rp game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchee View Post
    CM isn't a rp game
    Get out of here Epic gamer.