Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[WITHDRAWN]Fortelian - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Fortelian

Player Name You Use Most?
    Salvador Kepplinger

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    //showthrea...ight=Fortelian - Planetside without authorization; Job ban (MP/CMP-Appealed)

//showthrea...or-Application - Mentor App

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    No

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    I view the tool of battlefield execution to be used to remove harmful crew from the round in a timely manner, as long as they are deserving of such. It is not to be used willy-nilly, but when the situation warrants it.

I think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew when they are performing actions that would put the lives of the crew, the ship, the operation, or your legitimate command at risk.

The BE mechanic differs from normal execution in the fact that, while a standard execution has a procedure and needs to be carried out according to marine law, BE is an execution by the Commanding Officer without needing to gather specific evidence or launch an investigation, were the CO can execute someone on the spot if they believe it is for the best interests of the crew, ship, and operation, thus making it take a lot less time.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    I will run the ship in a calm manner. I would try to be friendly to people, and I am generally understanding but I will not tolerate sedition and I will not let people push me around. I will be less like an Iron Fist, and more like a guiding hand, leading marines to glorious victory. I would not want to use BE a ton, since it removes someone from the round, but if I need to, I will do so. And if I deployed then I would probably help with charges while maintaining a safe distance and definitely use binoculars for OB and CAS.

If I had insubordinate req I would probably send XO to do req, unless I needed him, and have MPs check it out. If they were just bald, I would have SEA teach them. If they were just insubordinate, I would consider pardoning them if they decide to start following orders. Less likely to pardon if I have other req crew however.

Insubordinate engineering, I would send MPs and XO. Once again, if they are bald, SEA can teach them while XO and possibly synth - depending on the time of round - can repair reactors. Then basically same answer as above. Consider pardon based on their attitude and how many MTs we have.

If I had an insubordinate MP I would have other MPs arrest them, then remind them in LOOC that breaking ML can get them banned as MP. Then let them serve their time, and demote them if they continue being insubordinate. I would also have the CMP contact the Provost Marshal, about the MPs arrest and demotion.

If I had insubordinate command staff, I would be more likely to call SEA if they need to be taught, or pardon because of their importance. I would talk to them, if they had a reason, I would hear them out. It could make our OP better over all. But if they were being blatantly insubordinate, I would have them arrested.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The job of a CO ICly is to lead the marines to victory and ensure the safety of their crew and the ship, while OOCly driving the round as well as creating RP for players and making the round enjoyable.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    I think kits in CO's vendor could be added so if CO decides to deploy, they could get a kit based on their play style. Like, a CO that sits in the back calling in OBs with tactical binoculars while making sure flanks don't happen with motion detector, or a front line CO that gets a better gun (I know they get their cool safe gun) that could vary based on their play style. Maybe an upgraded version of each type of weapon, with powerful attachments. Or maybe one kit could just hold ammo for their mateba.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I believe that I could provide leadership to the crew, as well as provide counsel on important decisions and help command staff learn and make good choices.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

The Neverplayer Commodore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked your story and overall app, the thing is that in your answer regarding BE, you said the most common thing everyone says regarding the BE question. Try to be a bit more specific in which situations you would BE someone and why would you need to BE him instead of choosing a regular execution.

Also try to play more XO for the upcoming weeks.
    Captain Morgan Young

Charlie Squad Medic main and the worst nade Thrower you Will ever see.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you wanted some specific situations so here are some where I would use BE:

If someone was doing something very bad or damaging to the overall functions of the ship this could be a reason for a BE. If a marine was trying to get me removed I would have the MPs arrest them, because going and finding them to BE them would take up my time. In this case I would authorize said marine's execution. If someone was trying to kill anyone in my presence I would BE them (as according to ML). If somebody was being seditious, and I had no MPs or the MPs were busy, I could BE them. I would use a BE if I needed to execute someone in an urgent case and did not have time to carry out a standard execution.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen ya around quite often but not so much in Command. The few times I've seen ya as SO ya need fairly well and helped me to lead my squad effectively.

I'll give ya my +1 but I'd like to see ya in command more so I can understand how ya fulfill yer tactics and such.

Good luck friend.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice application Kepp i wish you the best of luck +1 from me. Try to be more active as XO is my only advice other than that looks good
    Aden Cooper

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the support. I try to play XO whenever I can (I love the job) and SO when XO is taken so I can get some command time in.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your quirk is not very interesting, BE answer's acceptable and your story is mediocre and boring.

I want to see you more in command, especially as XO so I can gauge your skill and ability to command.

I'm staying
    NEUTRAL
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't even get it why the council really want to prolong this good shit app and good shit player who has a good fucking skills and who almost roll all day as Executive. Smh, shame no one has commented here yet, anyway, you're a good leader, you know how the chain of command and CIC works in general. You might be a little bit on the unknown side playerwise but I feel like whitelisting you is a great opportunity for other people to meet Salvador. You certainly have the roleplay skills to handle this role well, proved by several interactions we've had. Your applications has some effort put into it and I believe further questions and answers would improve your chances.

During briefing, a huge fight ensued. Both delta and charlie are in a huge fight, irrelevant who started it and why, there is only one MP that is already out of flashbangs and any other means of stopping a mass amount of people. The briefing flasher is on a cooldown and doesn't seem it works as a deterrent, as people still keep fighting and shaking each other up and even bringing the fight elsewhere. There are reports of knives and even shots fired with a supressor. How do you handle this situation? If you don't manage to break up the fight, what would you announce and how would you deal with possible deployment?

This is a very realistic situation that has already happened once and how you as a commander handles it means a lot.

+1 depending on your answer.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    During briefing, a huge fight ensued. Both delta and charlie are in a huge fight, irrelevant who started it and why, there is only one MP that is already out of flashbangs and any other means of stopping a mass amount of people. The briefing flasher is on a cooldown and doesn't seem it works as a deterrent, as people still keep fighting and shaking each other up and even bringing the fight elsewhere. There are reports of knives and even shots fired with a supressor. How do you handle this situation? If you don't manage to break up the fight, what would you announce and how would you deal with possible deployment?

Well, that would be a very unfortunate event. But you said it's happened so its always possible.

I would have CIC staff get into the brig, since its just west of the podium. I'd have 'em stay in there for safety and probably pull out my mateba and start shooting anyone I saw with a gun out and shooting or shouting for more fighting. Trying to neutralize the problem causers. If I can manage to take out the key players the fight might dissolve, if people were only fighting in self defense against others, even if it is fueling the fight, they may stop shooting if their lives no longer depended on it. Trying to put out a fire by tossing coal on it. But if it does work and people are just left dying and stumbling around I would have all medical personnel, myself, and CIC staff trying to help the squad medics first, or people near perma death. If we can get the medics back they can help us revive others. Once we have revived everyone we can I would have everyone re-arm and assess the damage. It is hard to get variables for the damage caused, so I can't say exactly what I'd do, but I would definitely contact HC regarding the accident, using the code words. If I thought we were still combat ready, I would wait for a response from HC regarding additional soldiers from cryo, but I wouldn't wait forever. If we were too badly damaged to deploy then I would contact HC and inform them of that. I would announce what happened and tell them to await further orders. R&R until further notice, that might make 'em calm down, some good ol' Uno.

If I couldn't stop the fight like that, then I would have to wait it out. Afterwards I would do the same. Have medical personnel heal everyone we can then contact HC regarding the event. I would also have MPs perform arrests accordingly. I would consider deployment if we had the fighting force. Basically same as above, but probably with more casualties because fighting couldn't be stopped. I would then make a similar announcement as above.

If you have a different way you would handle this I'm open to suggestions. We can always improve.

P.S Thanks for the compliments.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    . . . and probably pull out my mateba and start shooting anyone I saw with a gun out and shooting or shouting for more fighting. Trying to neutralize the problem causers.
    R&R until further notice, that might make 'em calm down. . .
    Dead, and double-dead.

I commend you on all the rest: Encouraging departments to do their jobs is a novel concept, guiding the mission rather than being on the frontlines using your cool gear: Likewise.

These two acts ruin the app for me, however. It's like playing a choose-your-own-adventure game, and you picked the answers that fundamentally do not understand the playerbase, love them or hate them.

You shoot, you get shot. This isn't one guy blowing holes in medical that can be BEd in a contained manner, you are going to hit other people, injuring those you didn't intend to or those you did - who now view you as an enemy.

It's not just the guys shooting that you're "neutralizing", it's the people egging it on, too. There goes all of Delta in one wipe. There go the bystanders egging it on in a funny matter shouting "Fight, Fight!" There are the guys not involved who are already too smart to be starting a fight at round start, who will run circles around you and your MPs. "Briefing Brawl Sympathizers" being neutralized is mutiny bait.

Secondly, delaying deployment. 12:25 is about on-time. Marines are impatient at 12:30. If you push past this to play UNO or just any kind of RnR without admin intervention in the form of
    MOOC: Knock that shit off
    Or something Xeno/HvH shaped is going to result in people screwing around, launching the ship themselves, cryoing, or griefing. I don't like this as I play CMP a lot and my Captain is worryingly similar to yours, but you must accept this.

I like and appreciate that you plan to enable the departments to better do their jobs as they are so often bored, but your spur-of-the-moment decisions and no mention as to how you would treat the actual boots-on-the-ground "department" has me worried.