User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [WITHDRAWN]Fortelian - Commander Application

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay I have two questions for you.

1. A PFC calls a CT a bitch and you are informed the PFC is in the brig for DASO, what do you do?

2. The XO gave permission for the RO to modify requisitions and dismantle briefing, how do you go about with this as CO.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the late response, I've been busy the past few days

1. That is not DASO. DASO is disrespecting a superior commissioned officer. A CT is not commissioned. I tell the MPs this and have them change the sentence to insubordination which would be the appropriate crime in this case. The PFC would most likely be released shortly after, due to insubordination having small punishments. The time he served for DASO would carry over to the insub. So if he served 5 minutes for DASO, he would be immediately released. I would tell the MPs to make sure to study marine law carefully. People make mistakes all the time. Its the CO's job to teach 'em how to not make mistakes.

2. I would remind the XO that modifications to the ship need to have the XO/CE/Affected_Department_Head's permission (all 3) or my (The CO) permission. Then I would tell them to continue doing so if it would benefit us, and have MTs help if they weren't busy. It is good of the XO to attempt to forward or advance the operation through these means, but they need to follow the SOP. I would tell them so. I would then suggest they read the SOP for a refresher. Similar to above, everyone makes mistakes.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your app is solid but unimpressive, and you have some decent community support. I’d be inclined to +1 this if you continued to do well with th gauntlet of questions being shot here.

However, as was clearly demomstrated earlier by Cha-Jin Wook’s conundrum, you quite clearly lack some essential know-how of what to do when the squads go out of control, which is something you must know how to handle when it happens. Note the when, as navigating your way out of a mutiny-baiting altercation is an eminent reality and an absolute requirement for a high-value role like the CO.

These kinds of incidents can lead to mountains of reports and massive fights within the community, IC and OOC, if mishandled by the players charged and trusted to diffuse them. Since you’ve demonstrated you can’t handle these kinds of high-stakes situations, I am forced to -1 this app.

You were very close to getting this app right however, so dont lose heart. Next time, consult veteran COs and the Council for advice on writing the app and acting the role itself and I’m sure you’ll get your whitelist with flying colors.

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I concur with Scidiot.

While the app isn't bad, that particular answer is the kind of situation where staff bans you for borderline griefing. Really, the thing you need the most while playing CO is a fair amount of common sense and knowledge of what usually happens in an average round of CM. And the answer shows you're lacking in that department.

Better luck next time.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Err going out gun blazing with your meteba to stop some unruly marines is not the way to go. Can’t support someone that is willing to be to mow down the marines like that.

Please if you hit a situation like this ignore, use your authority, or call for admin intervention. Don’t need anyone mowing down delta for round start shitlery.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've decided to withdraw this app. I've gathered some good advice from you kind folks and I plan on using that for my next app. I must say, I thank you all for the advice you have given me.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frankly, even though you withdrew I will still give my opinion. I disagree with the council on their verdicts. I have see you as XO enough to know that you are not a shittler and you know how to RP and not be a LRP command staff. There are three essential qualities I look for in anyone aspiring to be CO. Being able to recognize your name, and knowing you can RP and don't have a history of stirring the pot by doing dumb LRP things, and finally is accepting criticism and working on it. I told you specifically that you push your head into marine law too much as XO and try to hand out pardons like candy. Therefore I advised you to play MP/CMP to have a better understanding on the issues MPs face and why a pardon and having a XO/CO jumping down their throats constantly while dealing with rowdy marines does not help the situation. You did exactly what I suggested and improved yourself.

I think you have a future as a CO, I can certainly see it. I find it a shame that you'd be denied such because of some fears of misusing a BE. A BE at the end of the day falls on the Captain, every CO knows full well when they draw the mateba that they should be able to justify why they used the BE mechanic should a report emerge against them. I do not think you would misuse it, the answer you gave to Cha-Jin's question was not wrong. It is perfectly within your right to execute anyone shooting another marine, especially during briefing. However, it is ideal not to BE anyone in large groups as there is the chance they will turn against you whilst doing so (even though it is against OOC rules, mods don't always enforce). But, I think you would be smart enough to know this. At the end, if you did do what you say, you'd likely get reported and warned/dewhitelisted. But these are the what-if's. If it comes to that it is on you. But for now your slate is clean, your history is clean, you're well known, and you know how to RP and remain professional. I believe you'd learn quickly as you've proven how easily you can adapt to situations.

Regardless of the withdraw give it a +1

Commodore Greg Lauffer

Whitelist Maintainer

January 1st 2021 - June 28th 2021

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Withdrawn at OP's request.