December 31, 2019
    Your Character Name?
    Fay 'Rescuer' Sandys
    Their BYOND Key
    Hunk1
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    7:30 PM EET
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Preservation of RP and enjoyment of the server.
    Description of the incident
    Me and Kryth 'Sad' Kross were at the crashed ship, marines got there and we asked what they wanted, they didnt give a response so Kryth asked for the IO's gear as a joke, they then left and a little bit later the marines started throwing grenades at the south side. We went there, asked them what they wanted and refused to let them in. Then, I heard some shots north and checked, saw a dead marine so I disabled the turrets to get the dead marine back and revive him, but the other marines wanted to enter, we were pretty hostile after the grenade was thrown as they had shown us hostility. I gave them 5 seconds to leave, counted down then someone threw a HEFA and I turned the turret on in response. A medic was reviving someone and he was at 180 degrees, and he ran straight into the turret and got him killed. After that, I heard the OB sound, they tried to OB us. I ran, a marine started shooting me, shot back. Then, died to xenos, both me and Kryth. I believe we escalated the situation correctly, by doing RP. All the while we were trying to get a response from them the entire encounter, none were given but dead silence.
    EvidenceHow you would punish the accused
    I don't want a punishment, just my note removed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As my response and as i talked to Kryth, Kryth ahelped a issue regarding you and marines to the point i had to request a rule clarification with management, and at the point where when i was finshing typing my message to management and investigating, The OB was fired and destroyed the front part which ended up getting killed by Xenos. Then i proceeded to find who requested the OB to be dropped and i talked with the person and dealt accordingly.

Regarding to why i decided to note both parties about the occurance:

I discussed with management this situation, i even asked the manager if i could MOOC that Survivors can deny the right to evacuation and remain on the planet if they desire. The response i recieved is: That's not needed, however Marines can force them to be evacuated.

As we decided to investigate and gather the history from both parties, marines did messed up but deciding to ENGAGE you with a Orbital Bombardment instead of Ahelping a Hostile Survivor.

Yes, you as survivor messed up as you kept turning on and off the sentry to engage marines, you attempted to circunvent the ruling imposed by management as the Sentries does not generate logs.

Yet, i talked with management and WE decided to keep things ICly.

You accuse me of failing to preserve of RP and Enjoyment of the server when you forget that i am only a senior mod and i do not have the Priviledge of the Rule 0, so i enforce the rules and the rullings imposed by management. I quote the Rules Page:

Rule 0. Admins (not Mentors or Mods) retain the authority to ignore the enforcement of specific rules at their discretion when they feel it is in the best interest of the current round, the server, or the player base at large. However, they are fully accountable for their actions when they exercise this privilege.

Rule 0.1 Rules are enforced as intended. Every example of a rule break cannot be defined as written, therefore, enforcement of the rules is subject to staff interpretation of the rule's intention.
    Before you ask, Yes, Kryth did ahelp requesting authorization to be Hostile, I denied it based on the orders i have from management and our former admin manager Soldier.

Adding up, there is no provisions regarding to survivors currently that allow them to stay on the planet without interference from marines. You have the right to remain on the planet, however if the marines deem dangerous, they can force you to be evacuated and there is nothing you can do unless management change this and engaging marines using a turret is a hostile action which i decided to ONLY note you.

I will provide further responses if deemed necessary by Management and i will put myself available to answer any questions regarding it.
    Last edited by Hunk1; 01-01-2020 at 12:00 AM. Reason: adding quotation from Rules Page, fixing typos and grammar errors

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hunk's PMs to Kryth:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Hunk asking Dubzor for advice:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Dubz's final call, after Hunk has made some PM's regarding the situation:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't act hostile to the marines. The only time I deactivated the turrets when I wanted to get the dead marines that rushed with a grenade. After I dragged him to safety, I wanted to re-enable the front turret and keep me safe from xenos, but marines came and wanted to get in. Me and Kryth denied that and I gave them 5 seconds to leave. Then, they threw a HEFA grenade and in response, I enabled the turrets, but after those 5 seconds. In my opinion, that was self defense, cause if I didn't enable the turrets they would start shooting. After than, I wanted to revive both the downed medic and the marine that rushed us, but they OBed us. The marines started shooting and acting hostile first and we defended ourselves. Not to mention, when I saw the medic getting mowed down by the turret, I immediately dragged him back behind the turret.

This is the moment the marines threw the HEFA, me taking cover behind the medic enabling the turret when the medic WAS NOT at 180 degrees angle, then turning it off right after he entered the line of fire: https://gyazo.com/bf98564b227faae881e31ab15e3d952e

This is when I heard the OB sound and started running and a marine threw a HEDP at me: https://gyazo.com/e388f5723db7a943d9073052498901b8

And this is after the OB, I came back the a marine started shooting me, and in response I shot back, that isn't being hostile, that's self defense: https://gyazo.com/d875d1b5b6d3c95c0251269bc329f4b5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello i was the XO that round i have been warned by CL that there was a doctor survivor in the prison and i have made an announcement about it so the marines were well aware they needed rescue.

AlphaSL called urgent OB at certain coordinates as i have requested civilian to be Orbitally Bombarded as it was behind enemy lines, thinking it was Civilian i fired the OB did not know where they hit but i would like to say AlphaSL was aware i ordered them to rescue survivors.

Them nuking the survivors is lame
    Aden Cooper

Washed up CM-SS13 Host NGGJamie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While the original poster may not have been aware of the discussion with management behind the scenes, in this particular instance I don't believe we can fault Hunk for going with what Dubszor wanted him to do. Hunk acted accordingly here by consulting a higher up.

Whether Dubszor's decision was the right one or not, I will reserve judgement on. He is no longer part of the team of his own volition, so there's not much need to action him at this point even if he chose wrong here. Management can discuss whether this should be a proper call in the future, but unless this crops up again I feel it's too case-by-case to generalize.

Resolved.
    Synthetic Application-Leonard [Accepted] - Predator Application-Thei-De Na'Tauk [Accepted]

Mentor: 06/28/2017 - 08/07/2017 / Trial Moderator 08/07/2017 - 08/25/17 / Moderator 08/25/17 - 10/11/17 / Trial Admin 10/11/17 - 10/30/17 / Senior Mentor 10/30/17 - 03/15/18 / Mod Manager 03/15/18 - 07/08/18 / Coder 07/08/18 - 07/27/18 / Host 07/27/18 - 10/19/22

I run Linux on all of my machines and actively reject Windows. I have some cool dotfiles up on Github for configuring some of my favorite stuff.

Contact Info:
    Spoiler Spoiler: