User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trucks/APC Update, thought opinions, dislike or like

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trucks/APC Update, thought opinions, dislike or like

as someone who plays TC it's nice to have a second option than some tank with funky weapons on it.
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, i would like to see the ability to fire your personal weapons out the sides/top of the vehicle, in a manner similar to the M113, to make it a true "cavalry" type of vehicle. I didn't even think it need to be enclosed, but doing so does allow it to pass thru gas attacks.... maybe make this a toggled ability? closed hatches while going thru dangerous areas, stop, take the roof down for marines to provide suppression fire (no heavy guns/sentries/sniper/SADAR, that would be broken) as you advance?

Maybe i'm too much of a mechanized infantry fanboy, but I can dream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it looks like a soup can on wheels

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xeno party in the APC, holla at me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that I watched it delimbed someones leg because of how not being seated or buckled while driving it at max speed into a wall gives 30 brute is amazing.

10 Outta Tent. Would remove someones leg via the sheer force of whiplash again. Also crashing the server as clowncar APC too.

Alright enough memeing, real talk now.
    Driving it is both awkward and hard at the moment. Going at full speed gives this weird momentum making you go a couples tiles forward more from what I intended to stop around.
    Speed is EVER SO SLIGHTLY slower then someone wearing heavy armor which some people kinda pointed out makes it worthless as an actual taxi since one can normally walk faster.
    Saying that this protects from lurkers/runners on meem of hydro road doesn't work that well either since that means they will still mostly be able to annoy it and get away.
    This is made even worse by the fact that for some reason baldie mc rando PFC can unbuckle you from the seat as shown during todays test.
    So the one with additional seats seems kinda pointless, but the one with onboard hospital is great so that we always have planetside medbay. (possibly even two planetside medbays)
    Armor seems fair-ish, I didn't get to test how much it could take since the server was lagging real hard.
    The APC being 3x4 worth of space makes it weird to not run over fulton but i'll get used to it.

Lastly, as my gunner pilot Oleg pointed out, giving the gunner all three guns is a problem since he couldn't map the third one. It would be nice to give the secondary or support module to the Driver.
    That's all I could gather. All in all, cool car Atebite. Would crash the server again with clowncar.
    sbkEgPt.png
    Last edited by Grentex; 01-05-2020 at 07:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a new vehicle update? I havent seen anything regarding changelog notes or on the wiki. Any details?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as I can place C4 on the truck and drive to the hive in a meme round. Hell yeah!

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want trucks so I can just be the truck SL.

We vibin' in the redneck-mobile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, with the maps getting bigger, we need some kind of mechanized transport. It just makes sense to have options other than tanks or APCs so the squads can operate them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://streamable.com/ohb4e
    i had fun with it as a ghost