Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Xenomorph Tier List Discussion

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattAtlas View Post
    All Xenomorphs are rated by their average utility and overall usefulness.

The difference between A and S+ tier Xenos is that A tier Xenos are extremely good, but only situationally. S+ tier Xenos are ALWAYS good, regardless of the situation or environment. Neither Hivelord nor Carrier fulfill the latter requirement.
    Hivelord if infintely more useful than a spitter or a sentinel 1 for 1. Hivelord has pheromones, weeds, sticky, super walls, its fast as fuck on weeds, it has super tackling with frenzy, it can combat hug, its tanky unlike either one of those castes, blah blah blah. 1 for 1 I would rather have a hivelord on my team than a sentinel or spitter any day. Sentinel and spitters only "utility" is melting shit with acid which a hivelord can do too.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spitter should be D tier too. Its a complete waste of a space when sentinel can do the exact same job at tier 1. Its blocking the hive from getting lurkers/carriers/hivelords/warriors for no reason. It is inferior to the sentinel because acid spit does nothing and there are many others who have the same power of acid to melt things. Only bad players pick spitters. Only reason its not F tier is because nothing sucks as bad as burrower and you have to be a spitter to get to boiler.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Spitter should be D tier too. Its a complete waste of a space when sentinel can do the exact same job at tier 1. Its blocking the hive from getting lurkers/carriers/hivelords/warriors for no reason. It is inferior to the sentinel because acid spit does nothing and there are many others who have the same power of acid to melt things. Only bad players pick spitters. Only reason its not F tier is because nothing sucks as bad as burrower and you have to be a spitter to get to boiler.
    I honestly can't tell if you're joking or not, because this isn't acid goop. Spitters neurotoxin fires faster and has a longer duration than Sentinels, and they have higher HP and armor. If a Spitter neurotoxins you in a 1v1, you will not get back up. An Ancient Spitter can juggle neurotoxins between three people easily. The only reason Sentinel is above it is because Spitters are slower speed-wise, and don't have as high of a drag speed as Sentinel.

It seems like you're honestly bringing salt into the discussion, rather than valid examples and scenarios. Hivelord SUCKS in a 1v1, they're worse than a Drone at a 1v1. They have a worse tackle, and the only thing you can do against already infected hosts is run away with your super speed. All it takes is one person with a flamer to immediately flame you the moment you attempt to replace a deleted resin tile, and herp derp, all the ungas are flooding in past your 'great wall of xeno'. Hivelord can not be good in every scenario, that is why it's in A. It's situational?.

Edit: And a hivelord is not infinitely more useful than a Spitter. The Hive is dying, marines are pushing, let's say the drone evolves into a hivelord, rather than the sentinel. Now what? Marines are still pushing, your sticky resin or walls won't change the marine's numbers, you're only camping one choke leaving flanks open. Two machete hits destroy sticky resins, walls can be shot down with regular ammo. Marines are still gaining ground.

Now the sentinel evolves into a Spitter in the same scenario, and the drone stays, The Spitter can easily neurotoxin crowds and pick off the one at the edge, their higher hp and armor allows it to survive encounters more frequently than a sentinel. Once it hits elder, it's racking up captures by the dozen. Nobody would want to rush into a choke with a Spitter camping, unless they pray to RNGesus. It is possible to make a comeback with only an Ancient Spitter, it is not possible to make a comeback with only an Ancient Hivelord.
    Last edited by TrollerNoob; 01-11-2019 at 07:33 PM.
    The fabled WEEB

Masamune 'Nippon' Sanada

Omen - 1st Generation Synthetic

Guan Dekna - The Shorty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you are seriously underestimating hivelords.
    A hivelord with resin walk, and speed mutators is practically a ancient runner. Coupled with strong warding pheromones and huggers. Your tackle rng is amazing too so is your slash damage.

On top of that you have so much plasma that with recovery you can shit out strong resin walls without loosing plasma.

Even a marine with bc buckshot can barely tear em down fast enough.

And spitter isn't that great. The only reason why i would ever play spitter is because i am going for boiler. Otherwise ancient sentinel fills the exact same niche practically just as well and with the increased drag speed and health its even better in some matchups.

Neuro stunlock and drag slash. Marines can barely even run after you. Also this frees a t2 slot for a lurker.
    Last edited by JJG; 01-11-2019 at 10:25 PM. Reason: I cant fucking type on phones

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JJG View Post
    I think you are seriously underestimating hivelords.
    A hivelord with resin walk, and speed mutators is practically a ancient runner. Coupled with strong warding pheromones and huggers. Your tackle rng is amazing too so is your slash damage.

On top of that you have so much plasma that with recovery you can shit out strong resin walls without loosing plasma.

Even a marine with bc buckshot can barely tear em down fast enough.

And spitter isn't that great. The only reason why i would ever play spitter is because i am going for boiler. Otherwise ancient sentinel fills the exact same niche practically just as well and with the increased drag speed and health its even better in some matchups.

Neuro stunlock and drag slash. Marines can barely even run after you. Also this frees a t2 slot for a lurker.
    I am not underestimating hivelords. I'm taking the average hivelord in the average scenario to account, which ends up situational. A hivelord is still very good, which is why it's literally in A rank. A sentinel's neuro does not last as long as a Spitter, a Sentinel's neuro-spit rate is not as fast as a Spitter's. A sentinel does not have as much hp nor armor as a spitter.

Your tackle rng is not amazing, it's lower than a drone's. Yes you're fast, but you're extremely slow off of weeds, and if the marine is already infected, you're not doing much to them. Hivelord's slashes are weakers than Burrower's -- they have the weakest slash out of all the xenos -- not including Runner. You lose 1 tile of territory each time someone destroys 1 wall in your 'wall spam', which, as I said multiple times, you're only delaying the inevitable and not actively attacking marines. And this is only in one chokepoint, flanking is still a counter-option. Even then, let's say there's one chokepoint, now what? All the xenos inside the hive are just sitting there as you spam walls, while marines continue to gain ground 1 wall at a time. Sooner or later they're going to break in, and absolutely nothing has changed about their force.

This is why Hivelord is in A and not S. They excel extremely when in a specific situation, but they can't be flexible and remain just as good in every situation.
    The fabled WEEB

Masamune 'Nippon' Sanada

Omen - 1st Generation Synthetic

Guan Dekna - The Shorty

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollerNoob View Post
    I honestly can't tell if you're joking or not, because this isn't acid goop.

It seems like you're honestly bringing salt into the discussion, rather than valid examples and scenarios.
    Ya whatever you say chief, start talking shit because you cant argue it. Other side must be salty. Yall arent some appointed tier list gods that know everything. You say you base things on "utility" and overall usefulness. There is NOTHING more useful than pheromones. By your own criteria anything with pheromones is SS tier. It is literally a force multiplier. Weeds and sticky and walls are also force multipliers. Fuck your tier list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Ya whatever you say chief, start talking shit because you cant argue it. Other side must be salty. Yall arent some appointed tier list gods that know everything. You say you base things on "utility" and overall usefulness. There is NOTHING more useful than pheromones. By your own criteria anything with pheromones is SS tier. It is literally a force multiplier. Weeds and sticky and walls are also force multipliers. Fuck your tier list.
    Local man doesn't understand what a civil argument is.

For anyone seeing this: the point of a tier list IS arguing about list positioning.
    Last edited by MattAtlas; 01-12-2019 at 01:12 PM.
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree hard with many things on your list.

This might be because I prefer non meta play and the list you made is a perfect example of meta play.
    In general I see the current meta as very stagnant without mobility.
    You will end up with sieges/stallmates.
    The only rounds this does not apply is rushes from the marines.
    And during rushes your list does not apply at all either.

First lurkers.
    In general lurkers are overrated and too many people go lurker. They are a caste that dies often and too many lurkers will cause an early marine retreat to the fob. (I see that as a bad thing.)
    I feel that the few people that play them very well make others think lurkers are great.
    A few good lurkers can be a game changer but too many will cause an early marine retreat meaning you have to siege the fob.
    And people do not die/get captured efficiently during sieges in the open a lot more captures/deaths happen.

You list boilers as SS tier but even they are situational. They are good at sieges and situations with stalls/sieges but when mobility is required they lack a lot.
    They are also just not as good on the almayer and in caves. They need as much room in caves as a crusher would need to charge.
    Your own words are the SS tiers are always good and imo that is just not the case. Boilers are quite situational.
    Their acid spray does help them surive a bit more but I see them get solo'd quite often by marines.

Rav are great allround and I do agree with their SS ranking.

Praetorian are also great allround.
    The only issues they have is that people tend to use acid spray wrong and wait to long or just hit one marine.
    And that many prae do not just sticky everything when that is one of the true hidden powers of the prae.
    They are in my opinion great at what they do but they are also not winning fights on their own.
    They are to be supported by other Xeno's where for example rav's can just pretty much go off on their own.

Sentinels and spitters would not be S tier for me.
    Acid spit does little damage and needs to be sustained by hit and run. This works great against one or 2 marines but not against a whole lot.
    Their neuro is strong but also will not work on groups of marines.
    This means that you are limited to overseeing captures or fighting with other aliens.
    In general their use is very situational. Even though they are good at what they do. (Oversee captures.)
    Their range also is not that great and marines will hit offscreen efficiently these days.
    You just need that bit of knowledge of the game.

Warriors are worthy of the S tier imo.
    They can do any job quite well if you know what you are doing.
    It is very had to paincrit marines but great warriors could do it.
    You also can break bones with the punch and that is just under a delimb imo.
    Though warriors I feel are one of the only castes that have a big higher skill gap to reach this.
    In general, you cannot go wrong with a xeno going warrior.

Crushers are not useless in caves.
    The biggest grip I have as a crusher are often my fellow Xeno's who are in the way on my way back.
    I do not want to hit a fellow xeno and disrupt what they are doing. However I cannot stop charging as I would be hit by the bullets flying after me.
    I do way better as a crusher in the caves and less wide area's. Part of being a good crusher if picking your own battleground.
    I have managed to cripple/hinder 2 squads as a crusher on lz2 ice on my own.
    A big part of the players just cannot turn engagements into their favor as a crusher.

I do not disagree with the rest of the list that much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On Lurkers

A good lurker can absolutely destroy entire squads almost on his own. I have seen it happen and done it myself. Especially since mutators are in, unless I am fighting robustos with buckshot or get flamed its most likely GG.
    Best trick is to pounce or disarm and then run back and fourth slashing the marine all the while. He will most likely be unable to fight after three slashes because he will either be in paincrit or will go into paintcrit a few seconds later, and then die.

On Ravs
    Absolute meme machines with damage mutators, will delimb everthing and is mostly completely unfair.

On Spitters
    Acid spit is too weak, the only reason to go Spitter is because of the neuro.

On Crushers
    Crushers require open space to get up to a charge AND more importantly and what a lot of people seem to not understand, you need space behind where the marine are. If you don't have space behind your target you will get bodyblocked and die.
    The maps with areas that allow for that much space are rather limited. Also with speed mutators the entire thing turns into a meme. You are so fast that it seems like byond is breaking.

On Boilers
    Most Boilers are just bad, thats why they die. Aliens have the exact same baldie problem as marines do but its offset by the fact that aliens are so much stronger individually.
    A good boiler can absolutely destroy an entire marine battalion so long as you have even the slightest support. Even a single robust spitter can be enough.
    Your acid spray recharges so fast that you can "almost" permanently lock down tiles. If you gas correctly and understand positioning you will destroy marines.
    I have more kills with boilers then anything else. I have killed entire FOBs with gas that RNG goes over cades killing 5+ or more marines each time. It's a meme. You also have a lot more health...again thanks to mutators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattAtlas View Post
    XENOMORPH TIER LIST - LAST UPDATED: 10/01/2019

* Burrower
    - This is no surprise to anyone, Burrowers lack any sort of utility or uniqueness outside of making a few tunnels. They have no noteworthy stats or abilities, all they can do is burrow, which is ruined by any ranged stun. Their damage isn't great, their speed isn't great, their sprite isn't great, they do nothing special, they're just garbage really. Burrower holes are more situational than anything else, requiring another T3 to help you, and are otherwise easily spottable and worse than Carrier holes (since the Carrier can make their own holes...). The B in Burrower stands for 'bad', as many have guessed.
    It should also be noted, that if you do spend the entire round building acid mines, and begging someone to fill them, and someone does fill them. A young runner will drag a marine through 15 mines in a row detonating them all seemingly oblivious to what they are doing. The other half the time after spending 35 minutes filling mines, your team wins before the marines even reach the mines, making you feel like you didnt really do much.