Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Xenomorph Tier List Discussion

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Ya whatever you say chief, start talking shit because you cant argue it. Other side must be salty. Yall arent some appointed tier list gods that know everything. You say you base things on "utility" and overall usefulness. There is NOTHING more useful than pheromones. By your own criteria anything with pheromones is SS tier. It is literally a force multiplier. Weeds and sticky and walls are also force multipliers. Fuck your tier list.
    I've literally been arguing and creating points every post that I've made. That honestly just tells me you haven't read my replies, which imo I'm disappointed because I took the time to view your arguments and points, and come up with a counter argument. This is a topic of discussion, don't start screeching just because someone isn't bending to your point until you convince them.

Quote Originally Posted by awan View Post
    -snip
    Lurkers are not overrated, because even a bad Lurker can get buckshotted, and still escape relatively easily, while landing potentially one slash that has a very high chance to outright break your bone. Here's a snippet of a Lurker who pounces me, struggles to click me for the majority of the stun, and finally lands 3 slashes before I get up.

I was at full health. The 1st slash went through, the second was absorbed, and the 3rd was softened -- and my head broke, along with direct brain and eye damage. The average Lurker can kill dozens of marines, simply by pouncing and clicking them two to three times, which almost gurantees them a bone break. Even if they're buckshotted, they can escape quite easily with their high speed. They are by far the strongest T2 caste.

Boilers are also great in almost every scenario -- they are even better in caves. Unlike Crushers, Boilers can gas diagonally through those twists and turns. The caves rather narrow pathways will force marines to either run backwards, or run forwards, they can't go around it. The only Boilers that actually die are the ones that set-up alone next to marines, which, of course they will be solo'd. Other than that? Let's say we're on an offensive siege, marines have been routed from Lambda podlocks and have retreated back to bar. A Boiler can set up pretty quickly and gas the bar FoB, forcing marines off of the cades -- leading to a xeno steamroll. It happens constantly. They are really really good, and in my opinion, deserve the SS tier.

Spitters and Sentinels are S tier because of their neuro. A sentinel can neuro somebody at the edge of their group and drag them away pretty quickly, and a Spitter can neuro two marines in a group, and simply slash one of them before fleeing -- their slashes aren't weak, either. Acid spit isn't used at all, because why would you use it when you have neuro? No castes, besides a Crusher charge, and Boiler's gas, has an ability that works great on groups of marines. Even an average Spitter/Sentinel can rack up kills by spamming neurotoxin on a downed person while dragging them away.

Crushers are still very situational in the cave. Not every part of the cave is a straight runway, with beacons lighting the way for the Crusher's path. LZ2 has narrow, straight hallways, which Crusher excels in, but is once again very situational.
    The fabled WEEB

Masamune 'Nippon' Sanada

Omen - 1st Generation Synthetic

Guan Dekna - The Shorty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ye, Burrower should get an ability to fill holes on his own.
    Today I was playing couple of rounds as Carrier... It's a disaster for marines as they have to check every weeded skull and thingie lying on the ground, otherwise they'll get hugged and probably carried away. If burrower would be able to fill the holes, he can become one of the most useful castes to stop unga-rushes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speed broke boilers, together with wider gas. I can be a boiler now and comfortably frontline. It's not even funny with how easy it is to cuck specs with a random acid spray through a cloud. When I see folks die as boiler it's always because they didn't back off soon enough. What's the point of getting off a shot if it means dying.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollerNoob View Post
    I've literally been arguing and creating points every post that I've made. That honestly just tells me you haven't read my replies, which imo I'm disappointed because I took the time to view your arguments and points, and come up with a counter argument. This is a topic of discussion, don't start screeching just because someone isn't bending to your point until you convince them.
    [/B].
    Everyone not you is agreeing tha spitters are overrated and hivelords are underrated. Im not screeching, you are just a dickhead.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't really agree with Carrier being lower than Defender. At least put it or Defender in the same bracket is what I prefer

For most 1v1 situations in the game, you can one tap your way out of them unless your opponent is a B18 (which means you can just easily run away with 2x speed mutations and Frenzy anyway), or you are out of huggers (why are you fighting when out of huggers again ?)

If it's an already infected marine, nothing stops you from just purely slashing with Frenzy bonus. You're still decently fast and your slashes can still put in quite a bit of damage.

What I'm trying to argue here is that, for most 1v1 situations, Carrier has a much easier time than Defender; and for average general situations, Carrier has more utility than Defender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefinitelyAlone0309 View Post
    Don't really agree with Carrier being lower than Defender. At least put it in the same bracket is what I prefer

For most 1v1 situations in the game, you can one tap your way out of them unless your opponent is a B18 (which means you can just easily run away with 2x speed mutations and Frenzy anyway), or you are out of huggers (why are you fighting when out of huggers again ?)

If it's an already infected marine, nothing stops you from just purely slashing with Frenzy bonus. You're still decently fast and your slashes can still put in quite a bit of damage.

What I'm trying to argue here is that, for most 1v1 situations, Carrier has a much easier time than Defender; and for average general situations, Carrier has more utility than Defender.
    This is a good point. I'll update the list soon.
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Runner should at least be A Tier. Ancient runner with health and damage mutators is a joke.
    You can soak PB Buckshot, you can soak entire PB bursts from the autocannon. And since you are stupidly fast most of those will not hit you to begin with.
    You can consistently break bones with single slashes.
    The tackle is still ass, but you dont really need tackle to break the bones of all marines.
    At that point one slash will undo their splints and they will land in paincrit.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Everyone not you is agreeing tha spitters are overrated and hivelords are underrated. Im not screeching, you are just a dickhead.
    Literally only two other people have agreed with you, one hasn't listed any actual points about why Spitter is bad, and the other I'm arguing against -- just like I've done with you. You're calling me a dickhead because I'm arguing against you, when you haven't even attempted to pick at flaws in my arguments, and that isn't screeching? It says a lot about you.

Quote Originally Posted by DefinitelyAlone0309 View Post
    -snip-
    I see your point, in a 1v1 situation, Defender mostly relies on RnG. If they don't get the tailswipe knockdown, and the person's speed hasn't slowed down after headbutt and slashes, they most likely run away in order to try again. While a Carrier can attempt to frenzy tackle, outright slash, and zip away relatively easily.
    The fabled WEEB

Masamune 'Nippon' Sanada

Omen - 1st Generation Synthetic

Guan Dekna - The Shorty

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier also has anti-body block and T3 ability to rip wall holes out, so between weeding+phero+infecting+ripping walls; it has so much utility and 1v1 potential that Defender can only dream of.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JJG View Post
    Runner should at least be A Tier. Ancient runner with health and damage mutators is a joke.
    You can soak PB Buckshot, you can soak entire PB bursts from the autocannon. And since you are stupidly fast most of those will not hit you to begin with.
    You can consistently break bones with single slashes.
    The tackle is still ass, but you dont really need tackle to break the bones of all marines.
    At that point one slash will undo their splints and they will land in paincrit.
    This is all true, but you're still no more than a nuisance. The fact is that the elder runner speed is too fast for the average player, leading to a lot of mistakes made during fighting, and they are often better off picking something else if they want to be killing marines. A marine hitting a full burst on a runner will kill it, so you need to be constantly moving around your target and that hardly gives you time to slash. Runner has a place, but it's place is about being annoying and using its drag speed. They are bottom A tier or high B tier.