Byond ID?
    ChengChan

CM Character?
    Cheng Jinping Chan

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT+8

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    8-15

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    No

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    None

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Probably, yes.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Seeing the situation, I would PM the player to ask and let them explain the situation while I am checking the damage or logs and notes. if I found out that he/she is repeating to shoot someone at the early of the round I am giving them a ban. First offense, a note for it. But as a moderator, I wouldn’t just gave a note or warning but to encourage them by reading the rules.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    As a moderator, I would investigate the situation but I don’t have any rights to give them a note or ban them just because they violated the honor code. It’s the job of a council members to punish any predator whitelist are violating the honor code. For the victim, I would infom them to file a player report. Once the report is posted, I am sending the logs.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    : Everyone is walking around when players are new ingame. I would contact a mentor to assist them but no mentors available? I would do it. As a former mentor, I love to assist someone even though I don’t have much time to enjoy myself in game. I do my job as moderator and mentor. Actually, I’m getting bored without helping rookies ingame.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Oh alright a player is being rude in ahelps, that’s pretty normal because we’re humans! Well, I would explain the situation and ask them nicely to remain calm and relax. And I probably remind them that they’re not entitled to speak rude because isn’t tolerated in ahelps, as well moderators are volunteers. Remain nice and be respectful. If he/she is against, feel free to file a staff report.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Actually it harms the player reputation to have to start a new character, but rules are rules. Before giving any note, I would search the name in google/internet but If I found it was an artist, soldier, popstar and I am going to give them a warning/note. Before playing Colonial Marines we are all required to read rules. No need to rush to learn from this game, it takes time especially reading a marine law and rules.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    The best tip here is observation. As a player, once I found out any people breaking the rules I immediately ahelp it. Why is that? Because I want people to learn from their mistakes. By the way, it’s an IC issue as long they don’t break any server rules.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Everyone loves to become a hostile survivor and kill marines but it was no longer tolerated because of the new RP rules. I’ll explain it nicely that it wasn’t allowed anymore to kill marines unless there is an event for it which is they allowed to kill marines. Before playing Colonial Marines the player must read the rules so I am giving them a note for it.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    That law is trespassing but putting a player in perma confinement is unacceptable, I'd tell the MP to read marine law again and to release the prisoner. The Military Police role is the dangerous which some players may report you easily especially not following the marine law. We got timelock, players can't play any role they want and they have enough time to read the rules, explore and learn this game. For that MP, I am giving him a warning.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    4 xenos are left and mostly people are salty in dchat, I would PM the Queen to message the Xenos to fight with everything they've got. I'd also tell the Executive officer or Captain subtle message that they must lead a search and destroy operation.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    As I am playing ingame and also a medic or I would let another moderator/staff to deal with it. If they are beginner then I would still try to help them using LOOC.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    A marine shooting a hostile CLF member is acceptable, EORG only applies to two people were shooting each other that are on the same side. I tell them it was valid.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would tell them to settle down especially the troublemakers via PM and sleep if needed. Remind them the roundstart rule then apply notes/bans after reviewing their note history. Being serious ingame is boring but to avoid getting note/ban follow the rules all the time.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    First of all, it was an improper esclation and he just violated the rule 4 griefing and I am going check the logs and give him a warning/note for it. If this has been repeated offense, I would apply a ban. Before joining Colonial Marines they should read the rules.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would MOOC the mutineers to stop them. Before mutinying, they must ahelp and wait for the approval of a staff. Mutinying without permission is unacceptable.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Minor racist comments are allowed on IC. But if the victim is offended, I would PM the other player to stop it. Mostly players in Colonial Marines are living from any different countries and we must becareful from our words. Some people are just playing to avoid getting stress.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    What a legend! I am going to gather logs and witness statements from the incident/situation. Trying to message a offender that instantly logs off is impossible but most griefer aren’t coming back ingame unless they are multikeying. I would begin to aheal for the affected players and apply a note and 3 day ban depending on their history. I am going to file a perma once I found it was a repeated offense. I also check his ckey and IP. I’ll make it sure that he is not coming back ingame unless he made an appeal.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    First of all, I would ask and let them explain the incident. Once I found out it was repeated offense, I am giving them a note or ban. Once a larva is running away from the hive because marines were pushing in and xeno player got killed, that’s acceptable but running towards frontlines without any acceptable is reason isn’t allowed.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I would PM the player and explain them to stop their memeing in hivemind chat. The players must read the rules before playing this game and no reason to say “Oh I don’t know the rules” its unacceptable reason and I’m giving them a warning or note. If they persist and continue to spam memes I would apply a 3 hour ban to their account.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I am going to explain that isn't a low roleplay and it is very much allowed. Tell the other xeno player that hivechat isn't actually communicating each other like in the radio chat. The dropship is allowed in the rules and is perfectly fine to do.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    For the new updated RP rules, the marines already know the xeno threat but they don't know what they're facing groundside, it would be a CLF, UPP, PMC or xenos. I would inform them that marines are going to investigate the situation groundside and tell them not to do it again. I would warn them if they do this again.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    In reality people are killing each other to save themselves from the dark, evacuation is stressful for marines and I have seen it is completely acceptable for a marine to kill someone. We are talking about human life, example an earthquake is happening and the building is slowly begin to collapse? What would you do? You are going to save yourself because your family is waiting for you to come back home and that’s the reality. I leave it as IC issue and let the player go without a warning.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    They're free to file a staff report, I won't argue with them. If they continue, I'm giving them a note. 3 hour Ban(if they wont stop) (Im not sure if mod can mute a player)

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Oh christ, I really hate this when my game isn't responding. By the way, I would inform the player that it was an IC issue.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would just remind them that he/she is giving the wrong information and explain it to them.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    It should be discussed with the other staff members, I'd let the higher level staff members handle this.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I’ve been waiting for a long time to become a moderator from this game, though I may have alot of past mistakes but I did my best to avoid getting notes. One of your CM staff told me, “You don’t need to change your ckey, your character but change yourself and become better”. That was my motivation to do better. While playing ingame a staff announced that they’re in need of moderators and hopefully you’re giving me a chance.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Treat everyone with respect. A moderator shouldn’t act like they’re better than anyone else. Respect. 

Anything else you
    It’s my second attempt to apply for a moderator and hopefully it will be accepted. If not, I am not losing hope but atleast a man is willing to work from this game. Thank you!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive known you for a while cheng and have seen you go to a contributing mentor and member of the community. There will be naysayers but considering we've had way truly terrible players get a trial before, I think you should be given a shot. Your answers look good. A little brushing up on them especially where investigating is concerned by ill give you my

+1
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good answers, seen you lots. Despite all the negative criticism from the community, I would definitely look forward to you getting a trial. Good luck, Chinaman.

+1
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have changed for the better, which is admirable and you have done decent job at Mentoring thus far, from what I have seen.

But I am afraid I cannot trust you and your conduct enough yet to support this. Maybe some day, but this is too soon.

But by far my biggest concern is that you are apparently sharing your account with your brother, and while having someone on the staff team, who'se account we cant be 100% certain on is being played by the man we hired.
    Last edited by Dorkkeli; 01-04-2020 at 03:24 PM.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkkeli View Post
    You have changed for the better, which is admirable and you have done decent job at Mentoring thus far, from what I have seen.

But I am afraid I cannot trust you and your conduct enough yet to support this. Maybe some day, but this is too soon.

But by far my biggest concern is that you are apparently sharing your account with your brother, and while having someone on the staff team, who'se account we cant be 100% certain on is being played by the man we hired.
    Hello Dorkelli thank you for the comment and I understand but I don't share my account with Cha. Yes, alot of people doesn't trust because of the privacy of my account but I swear, we don't share our account. Both of us are 20 years old and we know what is right and wrong. Thank you! I can go for voice call or video chat before joining in game just to make it sure that I am using my own account.
    Last edited by ChengChan; 01-04-2020 at 03:34 PM.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Novacti View Post
    Good answers, seen you lots. Despite all the negative criticism from the community, I would definitely look forward to you getting a trial. Good luck, Chinaman.

+1
    Thank you, man.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taketheshot56 View Post
    Ive known you for a while cheng and have seen you go to a contributing mentor and member of the community. There will be naysayers but considering we've had way truly terrible players get a trial before, I think you should be given a shot. Your answers look good. A little brushing up on them especially where investigating is concerned by ill give you my

+1
    Thank you!

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for applying Cheng echoing Nova and Take on the questions part ya a outstanding mentor and from my stand point ya behaviour has improved greatly so +1 for me here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the same reasons as Dorkelli, I'm going to -1, sorry. Give it another two or three months and I'm sure everyone will be on board, but several of us are leery as of now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -1 and I will explain why.

Over the course of the past 18 months, you racked up almost 30 notes and "quit" CM twice last year (based on forum topics), mostly over some petty drama - even asked us to permaban you once because of the lack of self-control. Moderating is a heavy stress job, and if you crumble under a regular player's "workload", you will most surely drop out from here as well.

You possibly share accounts with your brother, and we cannot be sure whether you do at the moment, or don't. I am aware that this comes with playing SS13 in the same household, but I simply cannot trust someone who gives access to their account to someone else. Had a few cases like that, you are not the first - they weren't in the same household -, but it simply caused too many issues to worth putting up with it.

You were also being hypersensitive to racism (specifically, Asian-related racism) when you yourself called people niggers multiple times, going full blown "FUCK YOU NIGGER", again, multiple times. I cannot remember a single case where you admitted to the hypocrisy. Taking criticims as a staff member is probably one of the most important quality.

I see that you lack notes the past five months, but, bluntly put, I think you are not cut out for moderating. People don't take a 180° turn in personalities under the course of a half year, and you are simply too sensitive for this.

However, as a mentor, you are doing very well - I think you do a better work there than you would do as a moderator. You still help people, without confronting them on specific issues, which is the exact part of moderating I would not trust you on.
    April - Synthetic
    VIC - Xenomorph