Byond ID?
    BurnedSweetPotato

Marine Name
    Beauford S. Pumpernickel

Other Whitelist Applications
    Predator - Accepted //showthrea...or-Application

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Beauford

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Absolutely.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Synthetics should attempt to avoid combat, however, a common scenario where a synthetic could be seen performing combat in is when they are defending a position. A few quick slashes to get a pesky runner away from the barricades is alright as long as a synthetic isn’t required to be doing something else, but if the whole hive attacks a synthetic should not be attempting to attack as it would lead to almost certain destruction while they could be helping move wounded marines or evacuating with supplies.
    Another scenario is if I am moving locations and me or another marine gets ambushed by an attacker. Self defense or defending the other marine is alright, and getting the attacker to flee and our safety obviously comes before rushing out to get the last hit on them if they are running away.

Synthetic Character Story
    What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Beauford was deployed to accompany the USCM Falling Falcons on the USS Almayer by Weyland-Yutani to help secure assets for the company and give private information as to what happened to the colony below. He is always on the lookout for information, samples, and specimens that will help the company and further their research, while obviously helping the forces of the USS Almayer to the fullest extent. (This does NOT mean Beauford is a “WY spy” or in any way will try to sabotage the mission, just that he will attempt to protect and gather what research he can and keep them safe if a threat is posed.) Beauford was programmed not to take risks very often, unless for a good reason, for fear of destruction and loss of important files that the company could use. Because of this, he has quite the protective nature over other marines and will try to calm their nerves by speaking calmly to them and assuring them that everything is under control, even if it isn’t to inspire morale.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    Pretty familiar. I can do whatever is needed, build FOBs, evac defenses, repair tcomms, repair generators, reload OBs. I would rather play medic than engineer, but I still know what I am doing and how to handle all things engineering related whether it be on the ship or ground. I find engineering and building very fun and simple, but I am no engineer main and don't play engineering roles often but I am still well versed in engineering.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I would say this is my weakest point, as I really haven’t played many command roles. I have had my few rounds as SO, but that is pretty much it. I don’t think that synths should be put as command staff very often, but I still know how to call out enemy locations, relay coordinates to req, and command squads if needed. Command isn’t very appealing to me, but I still know what I am doing if I am ever put in the position.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    This is my strongest point here, I have played doctor and researcher many times and am familiar with them. I can obviously do surgery and field surgery, make chems, treat all damage types, and help with research. Medical is pretty easy for me, and I don’t think I would have a problem performing the wide variety of tasks medbay does each round on my own.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I can confidently say that I know how to operate in the requisitions bay and handle all the responsibilities that come with requisitions. Everything someone in req would do is petty easy for me: Dropping supplies, receiving and inputting coordinates, handing out attachments, and listening for what marines need most on the field. I have been playing RO lately and doing well as it.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I would like the synthetic whitelist as it would open a new door in the community for me. Lately, my only real fun has been playing PFC and sometimes queen. This has gotten pretty stale, and synthetic seems like the perfect role for me as it combines everything that I have learned in my time playing into one. I know I may not be the highest roleplayer on the server, but I am not a huge shitter and have no notes for LRP or anything like that. I have maintained a predator whitelist and can say I can handle the RP needed for the synthetic whitelist without breaking any guidelines or rulings. I have seen many very interesting event roles with whitelisted synthetic players, and I would greatly appreciate being able to participate in these. I believe I have been playing long enough on the server to handle the responsibility of a synthetic and how to play them effectively.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    Nope, never.

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    I am not.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I tried to do a quirk that I could actually pull off in rounds, I hope it isn’t too much.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool guy very nice friend and hes competent at other roles SO is just basically relaying orders and organizing marines who listen. Nothing bad that much
    Engineering has been made very simple. I can understand why you don't do engineer that much though it is a bit boring or used to be. Either way.
    Cool guy very nice man he is a man of the people and hes cool anbd based +1 here king get upvoted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you have that synthetics like Percival or Arthur don't already bring to the table?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolubleWhenWet View Post
    What do you have that synthetics like Percival or Arthur don't already bring to the table?
    Well Mr Soluble, I believe I have a more ‘active RP’ style that some other synthetic players, not just those two. I have some sort of mini objective to work on during the round, which I believe could bring new RP opportunities rather than just "my synth is cool, he talks funny and is nice to marines” that some other applicants have as their quirks. I haven’t seen my quirk done before and believe it is unique in a way that I am actually focusing on a goal rather than just a personality, and my synthetic’s personality plays in heavily to the goal. I know that my quirk cannot be done every round I play, as sometimes there are just more important things to do but it would be enjoyable to get those few rounds where I am able to pull it off and create a fun scenario with other people.
    beast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your quirk is really generic and I'm surprised to see you apply with a name that isn't just Lother. If your goal is to just make a really tall sandwich every other round you play synth, I don't really see why you should be whitelisted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't seen Percival or Arthur play their synth in months @Soluble

I proofread the story beforehand and found it acceptable

The rest of the app is perfectly fine and the player is nice

I have no problem giving my +1
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought your synth name is Smoke.... by the way, I'm going to support this application. +1

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrok View Post
    I haven't seen Percival or Arthur play their synth in months @Soluble

I proofread the story beforehand and found it acceptable

The rest of the app is perfectly fine and the player is nice

I have no problem giving my +1
    I've only recently come back and I have played Arthur since, just not much as I try to build a good rep with my new character, but that's beside the point.

BSP is a well known and trusted player. His story is the size of a short story and shows care and commitment to the role.

Contrary to what Soluble says, you don't have to be super unique since the programming restrictions really prevent you from branching out much outside of behavioural manourisms are talking in a particular way.

With that being said, it's a +1 from Arthur.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BSP as a synth seems fine. Application is good, so +1.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your a good player, and the story is written well. The quirk is generic, but that's fine. Your answers are also well written. +1
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.