User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BurnedSweetPotato - Synthetic Application

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's Weston-Yamada not Weyland-Yutani, denied.

On a serious note, the quirk concerns me. Synths are supposed to be loyal to USCM, not W-Y. There's sometimes an event with hostile W-Y or traitor liasons. Who is your synth going to side with?
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much everything the USCM owns has been given to them by W-Y. I wouldn't say it is too much of a stretch to say he could have some goals that could potentially help their research, as the Almayer in game is usually investigating highly critical information about what happened to W-Y property. (LV, Big Red, Ice Colony) As a synthetic on the Almayer, I completely know and understand that I am there to assist and aid all USCM departments and personnel. I think of Beauford as a synthetic who does his best to make data available to everyone, while providing the necessary information to the right people who can better understand it. Without W-Y, the USCM is pretty much nothing and giving them valuable information about their own colony that the USCM wouldn't know what to do with or how to treat seems okay to me.

If there is ever a hostile W-Y liaison, he obviously isn't going to be joining them and attempting to flee the ship with egg samples or whatever. He still follows all the synthetic rules and guidelines and isn't going to be working against the USCM. If a liaison is actively working against them and attempting to sabotage the Almayer, then they aren't really considered USCM personnel. While he may not go and start to beat them with a fire axe as if he was in a situation with UPP, he isn't going to be listening to someone trying to disrupt the USCM's goals and mission.
    beast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate the name but I also don't think that is a good reason to justify denying your app in the face of everything else. You shitpost and mess around a lot of the time, but you're a very competent player and you totally can roleplay well when you want to, and the application itself is pretty good.

I think you can be trusted with the synth whitelist, so you have my +1.
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, that answer addresses my concerns. If I ever catch ya trynna use this quirk as a reason to go against marines, I am not gonna be happy. Overall the app is fine.

Accepted, wait for Beancrose to update your perms.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum Perms and Ingame Perms should be in, wait till next round to play.