0 Thread(s)

Stobarico - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Stobarico

Marine Name
    Yumi "Momo" Yamato / Sergio Stone

Other Whitelist Applications
    I believe i have made two other synthetic applications but i cannot find their threads (Both denied).
    I also have a CO application which i cannot find (Approved).

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Naomi

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    In scenarios of self defence or in defence of a USCM or WY employee, as long as you don't chase the enemy to the ends of earth. You're supposed to disable or scare off the threat.

Synthetic Character Story
    Resume regarding Syn. Naomi:

- A generation 3 W-Y synthetic made specifically to analyze the brand new xenomorph threat, sold to the USCM under such pretence: "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.". Of course, more than just a special kind of Researcher, the synth would be programmed as usual, with all the utilitarian knowledge a regular synthetic would have.

- Althought not having encountered any xenomorphs at this moment, the synthetic would still have notable comendations to its organization, medical prowess and efficiency, able to complete a major surgery in under a minute. Naomi prefers to be on the ground, where "she" feels more useful, and of course, with concealed wishes that "she" might finally get to meet one of those elusive creatures it had been programmed to study. The synthetic also seems to feel at home in the Computer Lab, the Research Lab or inside the rare Medical APC.

- "She" has never shown to be much agressive, even if sporting a jokingly sarcastic tone in certain situations, but the synthetic will certainly fight back if harmed.

Operation Black Rock report regarding Syn. Naomi:

12 :15 - A small scale operation in a asteroid mining station orbiting a ringed planet with severe CLF problems. Two marine squads had been awoken.
    12 : 16 - Communications established with the Marshalls, reports of several wounded pinned down in the Refining Station, hostiles not specified. Marines lack appropriate EVA gear to reach the location
    12:20 - After consideration, Medical APC deployed with Syn. Naomi onboard.
    12:22 - Delta's fireteam 1 mounted the APC (Five marines), it moved out towards the Refining Station. No contacts EVA.
    12:25 - Marines dismounted and advanced with the APC. Unrevivable troops found, UPP and a few Marshalls.
    12:26 - The marines are ambushed by standard UPP forces, but are able to take cover behind the APC, wounded have been brought in and treated by the Synthetic.
    12:27 - The APC continues to push, arriving at the main combat location, the UPP forces are flanked and quickly dispatched. The Delta fireteam secures the area, the synthetic leaves the APC to treat the injured outside. One of the civilians was a high ranking WY executive that fled from the planet below.
    12:35 - Charlie and Delta's remaining squad report a small explosion outside of the compound the APC is present.
    12:37 - UPP Commandos assault the location, the synthetic is able to drag those made inconsious by their tranquilizing bullets inside of the APC as it is immune to the bullet's effect.
    12:38 - The APC leaves the compound and regroup.
    12:45 - The USCM forces leave the mining station after [REDACTED]. No more lifesigns detected.

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    A curious, nerdy and sarcastic synthetic that loves to keep things properly organized and categorized.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    Very familiar (Used to be my main department back at Sulaco)

How familiar are you with Command?
    Very familiar (Considering i have CO whitelist)

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Very familiar (My current main department)

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Familiar (I know how to do everything, just a bit slow on handing out attatchies)

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I wish to be a synthetic to spice up my gameplay options, and because i like robots in general (Considering all other servers i played i had at least one IPC character).

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    Mmmm, not really.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Donor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay so, as i literally cannot edit the post because ???
    Consider this:
    Consider the 12 :15 to be 12:15 and 12 : 16 to be 12:16
    Consider the "Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?" part to be answered by:
    "I tried to mix a little bit of a cool style like i tried with my past synths but i tried to characterize her more by adding that resume part".

Sorry if i didn't notice these errors before posting, it's just that it's 4:30 AM as i'm writing this and i'm quite tired, so i just noticed it after i went to review it.
    Also, the error i'm getting: https://i.gyazo.com/a47cfe286a9ff676...a08e8802a7.mp4

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're a good player, and it makes me sad to say this but the app falls short in almost all regards.

The story describes your synth, but doesn't SHOW us them or what their personality is like.

Your answer to the combat scenario question leaves much to be desired, your answer doesn't show me if you understand the extra restrictions placed on synthetics who are assisting at the front lines, or what they're able to do during a mutiny.

Your answers to the other questions are the absolute bare minimum that somebody can do.

I've been conflicted on this app, as I've said before I know who you are and that you're a good player, but I have to give this a -1
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Denied two times before.. and yet

Story isnt there.

Quirk is not a quirk.

Read some accepted applications.

Also bugs me because I also recognize you.

Sorry mate -1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Echoing what Superjo and Bearded said. The quirk is very generic but workable, I think, but the rest of the app falls flat.

Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This story is not enough. You gotta show the quirk in action, how your synth talks. Just having a description is not enough. superjo worded it nicely.

Denied
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.