Byond ID?
    bobatnight

CM Character?
    Sal 'Spaghetti' Spanelli

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    EST

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes, for Warband RP servers.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Halo13

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Yes

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No bans on other servers.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Depending on the events leading up to it could be something as simple as a misclick. Logs and speaking with both parties would likely give a clear picture.

If the player is new I would refer them to a mentor.
    If the player did it maliciously then depending their past note history action would be taken.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Ask the Predator player what the situation was to shed some light on the scenario, if the player that ahelped is still upset I would refer them to a WL report.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    SM the SEA if one is online or refer them to a mentor.

If no mentor is online I would refer them to the wiki and help them myself if there was time to do so.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    They'd be liable to catch a ban depending on the severity of their comments, refer them to a report if they're not satisfied with my action. Players don't get to rule lawyer, and while I would make sure his rule violations were clear, this behavior isn't acceptable.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Let the player know that this name isn't acceptable, ask them for a different name that I would then edit for them.

If this is repeated behavior take with possible ban time.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    This would be an IC issue.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Due to the change in survivor rules the survivor would be in the wrong here, check the logs and speak with all parties. Possible request for AHEAL on the dead marine as well as speaking with the survivor to determine a necessary punishment.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would need to speak with the MP about the specific Law breaks that led to the confinement as well as the player who ahelped.
    Check logs and speak to any witnesses before determining if the perma brig was justified.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Encourage the Xeno force to go up to the ship unless they're waiting on bursts from captures, or suggest to an admin to create an ARES message.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Request another staff member handle this situation as I'm involved personally, explain to the fellow staff why I came to this conclusion but let them do their own investigation into the matter. If no other staff are available I would attempt to ping and get one online before handling the situation myself.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Explain this isn't EORG as he's considered an ANTAG and that they're considered enemy factions.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Refer them to the round start shenannigans rule and give punishment accordingly with note history and severity of the incident, some minor fun is alright but harassment or grief is not.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Explain to the Marine about proper escalation, the proper punishment could then be determined by note history.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would put out an OOC announcement to put an end to it before it began, I would then speak with everyone involved and explain the proper mutiny procedures.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Minor IC racism is acceptable, but that's the distinction right there. Speak with the offended player and reassure them it is IC behavior while letting them know you'll keep an eye on it if it gets out of hand.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Give the player a few minutes to reconnect before filing for perma.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Question the larva about the behavior, warn and note the player if it was a suicide, Xeno ban if it isn't their first offense.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Warn the play about LRP behavior and issue a note/possible Xeno ban depending on the severity of the issue.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Explain to the player that ahelped that there's nothing against using terms outside of BIRD or other grug speak. Xeno hivemind is just a direct translation from english, so using other terms is fine.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    This would still be Meta, my understanding is that while we know what Xenos are now, we don't know that they will be the enemy and not CLF for instance.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I've been in this situation numerous times, each time a bit different from what's described, depending on the level of RP that goes into the interaction and approval of the dead marine, I would see this as acceptable RP.

If the marine simply ran to the pod and shot them wordlessly, I would find issue with this and likely consider punishment. Each situation would be examined as they're all different.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Give them a warning to cease the salting, if it continues take action depending on note history for similar offenses.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Show empathy towards his annoyance at the situation but otherwise not remove the larva.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Address them in Msay about my concern or contact a higher ranking staff member to over-rule the decision if necessary.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    While I might have my own opinion in this scenario I believe it's important for Staff to represent unity. If need be I would forward the scenario to the appropriate manager and provide logs if necessary.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I'd like to assist with the recent vacuum of staff, create a more enjoyable server for the community and further show myself to be a different person than I was before.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Fair and equal treatment to all players, with the integrity to not misuse your position for personal gain.

Anything else you
    Thank you for your consideration!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes..
    hello im dondale

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Bob thanks for applying ya answers are pretty good and even though ya have a pretty long note history ya haven't been in trouble since around last summer so I don't mind giving a +1 here

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ill be honest Bobat, your name rings of toxicity and rulebreaks.

However, that seems to have changed in the last year. You've not been in trouble for quite a while and have ceased making toxic comments in disc/shoutbox and have generally moved towards being able to interact with the community nicely.

I think you deserve a shot.

+1
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what it’s worth since he lost his foot I have been helping him in the past year to no longer be a shithead. Myself and Jake gave him a chance when we unbanned him from discord and he hasn’t caused any trouble nor has he caused any trouble in game the Bobat of 2020 is not the Bobat of 2018

Give him a chance

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bobat, i will quote TTS, however i am going on the other way around. While your actions recently seems like you changed, it's too early to point out if that's the definitive new bobat or just a make up.

I am happy on the way you turned and i desire more players to change their ways like you do, however, your past, regarding extremely hostility and toxicity around other players, condemns you.

I have no doubts that you understand the rules and you have a grasp of it, however do you have the professionalism to deal with it?

Vote edit: I have been talking with some people, I am very reluctant, however what i heard is enough. I am changing my vote to +1. You have my support for a trial.
    Last edited by Hunk1; 01-06-2020 at 02:56 AM. Reason: new opinion

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This man lost his leg in the great mower wars. A veteran such as this would be a great mod. +1

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too many bridges burned and I don't think people can change at the flip of a hat. We've had enough drama and you would just add more.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by starmute View Post

Too many bridges burned and I don't think people can change at the flip of a hat. We've had enough drama and you would just add more.
    This.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm conflicted to whether you deserve a trial or not. You have good answers, but a... "Distinguished past".

It's going to be a +1 from me, I think you deserve a trial.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505