User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: bobatnight - Moderator Application

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No -1

You were extremely toxic for a long time. Were toxic for a long time after losing your foot. You have improved. A lot. Anyone should be able to see that.

But you were just too much. I would say a good solid record until May before I could in good conscience say yes.

I'd say something that would help a lot is being a mentor, that will really allow us to more actively see how you interact with players OOCly.
    Last edited by sargash; 01-06-2020 at 05:51 AM. Reason: 3rd line

Whitelisted Captain Glass Bottle Coke's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give him a trial. If he passes it awesome, if he doesnt then he fails his trial. +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See you during the trial +1.

Do not screw this up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good app, and I see no recent issues. +1, good luck
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spoke a fair bit to Bobat before posting this, and I'll start off by saying I think it's worth a shot. Bobat has certainly had a poor past, I don't think anyone is going to debate that. I've certainly had some issues with him in the past as well, but as some people, especially the admin team know, I am big on second chances.

I don't support this lightly, again, considering his past, but since then he's been through a lot of change, and I think the change has been for the better. I think this is a good chance for him to prove himself, and to give back to the community.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    For what it’s worth since he lost his foot I have been helping him in the past year to no longer be a shithead. Myself and Jake gave him a chance when we unbanned him from discord and he hasn’t caused any trouble nor has he caused any trouble in game the Bobat of 2020 is not the Bobat of 2018

Give him a chance
    I appreciate all the votes of confidence, and a special shout out to Soldier, solid mentor I learned to rely on for practical advice that I've sought out now more times than I can count now. A+ shitposter and Guy all around

There's valid concerns about my past and I understand some level of skepticism, all I can offer for reassurance is that this isn't a 'flip of the hat' change. I've had a lot of time for self reflection and growth and I believe anyone who has known me from the start to now would agree that the Bobat of 2018 is NOT the Bobat of 2020.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good guy and a long-time player. While there have been some issues with him in the past he has made amends and shown to be a mature, responsible fellow. I have spoken to some others and we would love to have him aboard.

+1

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to +1 this.

I've never had any problems with ya and I got trust in you that you wont be toxic anytime soon and your answers check out.

Good luck friend.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Bob of 2018 is certainly not the Bob of 2020, there's no disputing that. He's a long-time player with a strong app, and this is his opportunity to show how far he's come since then; I am more-than-happy to give him a shot at a trial. +1 from me.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll say you deserve a shot. You've definitely changed a lot yea.

+1