User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: bobatnight - Moderator Application

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had our differences in the past, Bob, but I think you have earned this.

Good app, good and enjoyable community member to be around recently.

+1

Washed up CM-SS13 Host NGGJamie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A chief concern I would have bringing you into the team would be your tendency to create rivalries with people for whatever reason you may have. Whether it be Viperious, or going around claiming you were spied on by an admin manager. While I'll grant that your behavior has improved, and as far as I can tell at a glance, meets the normal qualifications for such to be brought on; Your history having acted in that way when slighted makes me uneasy at the least, and very concerned at the most. You pursued Viperious in a harassment campaign for months, were told to stop on many occasions, but nevertheless chose that as your hill to die on. It didn't cease until you were banned from everything but the game, and even then you were still making jabs in OOC on occasion.

Does that sort of behavior just stop after less than half a year? Is it going to come back, except instead of harassment it's attempts to find justification to issue bans? Will it be against Viperious again, or someone else?

While I can believe that trouble-making can be turned around quickly if one has the will, it would seem to me that the behavior I refer to was very much a core part of your person rather than plain mischief. So far, I fail to be convinced that portion of you has just suddenly disappeared. I would prefer not outright deny your application for these reasons without answer to them first, but to me, it does weigh heavily against you.
    Synthetic Application-Leonard [Accepted] - Predator Application-Thei-De Na'Tauk [Accepted]

Mentor: 06/28/2017 - 08/07/2017 / Trial Moderator 08/07/2017 - 08/25/17 / Moderator 08/25/17 - 10/11/17 / Trial Admin 10/11/17 - 10/30/17 / Senior Mentor 10/30/17 - 03/15/18 / Mod Manager 03/15/18 - 07/08/18 / Coder 07/08/18 - 07/27/18 / Host 07/27/18 - 10/19/22

I run Linux on all of my machines and actively reject Windows. I have some cool dotfiles up on Github for configuring some of my favorite stuff.

Contact Info:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NGGJamie View Post
    -Snip-
    Let me first start off by saying you're absolutely right, before Viperious I butted heads with Amaxin for some time and with Viperious it was a lengthy campaign of slinging shit at each other. Neither time was close to appropriate or justified, and looking back I wish I could have carried myself in a way more befitting a man of my age. In regards to the 'spying' I was upset over a leaked chat log and blew it out of proportion, I should have handled that situation better and I won't sit around and make excuses about my injury or habits at the time.

I don't believe this sort of thing will pop its ugly head up again, not in the form of harassment or misuse of power. I believe I have some ground to stand on while saying that as I have the CO/Pred whitelist, two roles that give ample opportunity to harass/abuse other players in the community. I'm confident in saying you'll never find an instance of malicious actions or abusive behavior on my part while utilizing either role.

Now I'm well aware that mod would offer a plethora of options to be misused but that's not the type of guy I am. I might have had a lot to say in the past but I haven't ever went out of my to grief or misuse roles for petty reasons and I have no intent of doing so in the future if accepted as mod. I was a miserable drunk who liked to take people down a peg, I'm now a pretty happy guy who engages in a healthier lifestyle and a lot of self reflection. Given the opportunity I'd like to further show how drastic a change this really has been.

In short, while there's players of the Community I might not personally like, I have not misused powers at my disposal and I never intend to. Sure I could try to justify a bad ban but then that'd just blow up in my face, I think my success as a Staff member would be more satisfying than some petty insults or bullying.

Again thank you for your consideration and hope to be able to work with all of you very soon.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been holding off my vote for some time now trying to make up my mind.

At the end of the day, its a good application overall and in my opinion you have also answered any questions here quite fine. I can agree with Jamie about some of it of course, but that last answer of yours makes me wwish to believe you like i will.

Looking forward to see you as a trial. +1
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your complete 180 after being banned from the forums and discord alone have actually proven you to be reformed.

I think you could atone for previous mistakes by doing mandatory slave labor in msay.

+1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really know you at all but I believe that if you were still as toxic as you used to be, it would've become apparent by now.

People who know you well are positive so I don't see why not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna comment on this based on personal experience with Bobat.

Awhile ago he was absolutely fuming that I banned him for something. That bobat would've never gotten a +1 from me on a mod application, but I've seen a massive improvement in Sal's personality. He's come a long way since his past behavior, and I genuinely believe that he's reformed. I think bobat could handle this position, and I think he'd do it well. +1

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NGGJamie View Post
    A chief concern I would have bringing you into the team would be your tendency to create rivalries with people for whatever reason you may have. Whether it be Viperious, or going around claiming you were spied on by an admin manager. While I'll grant that your behavior has improved, and as far as I can tell at a glance, meets the normal qualifications for such to be brought on; Your history having acted in that way when slighted makes me uneasy at the least, and very concerned at the most. You pursued Viperious in a harassment campaign for months, were told to stop on many occasions, but nevertheless chose that as your hill to die on. It didn't cease until you were banned from everything but the game, and even then you were still making jabs in OOC on occasion.

Does that sort of behavior just stop after less than half a year? Is it going to come back, except instead of harassment it's attempts to find justification to issue bans? Will it be against Viperious again, or someone else?

While I can believe that trouble-making can be turned around quickly if one has the will, it would seem to me that the behavior I refer to was very much a core part of your person rather than plain mischief. So far, I fail to be convinced that portion of you has just suddenly disappeared. I would prefer not outright deny your application for these reasons without answer to them first, but to me, it does weigh heavily against you.
    While I appreciate that Jamie has taken to defending me in some manner with his reply, I would like to take this oppurtunity reach out to Bobat to put an end to our petty squabbles. While I doubt we will ever be friends, we don't have to be enemies, I just want the drama to end.

I believe if Bobat can avoid being biased against me, then he can avoid being biased against anyone.

What do you say Bobat? Would you like to put Jamie's worries to rest?

edit: I recently had Bobat late join as my CO while I was XO. I was immediately dreading the experience as I had already recieved some less than favourable encounters with late joining COs who did not take kindly to my presence. But, even though he had the oppurtunity, Bobat never used his position to try and ruin my round and maintained a high level of RP between us. Also let's just put that insulting match we had over comms leading up to a mutiny behind and promise something like that will never happen again.
    Last edited by Viperious; 01-09-2020 at 04:40 AM.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m going to go over your application again and make a relatively long post when I wake up tomorrow.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viperious View Post
    While I appreciate that Jamie has taken to defending me in some manner with his reply, I would like to take this oppurtunity reach out to Bobat to put an end to our petty squabbles. While I doubt we will ever be friends, we don't have to be enemies, I just want the drama to end.

I believe if Bobat can avoid being biased against me, then he can avoid being biased against anyone.

What do you say Bobat? Would you like to put Jamie's worries to rest?

edit: I recently had Bobat late join as my CO while I was XO. I was immediately dreading the experience as I had already recieved some less than favourable encounters with late joining COs who did not take kindly to my presence. But, even though he had the oppurtunity, Bobat never used his position to try and ruin my round and maintained a high level of RP between us. Also let's just put that insulting match we had over comms leading up to a mutiny behind and promise something like that will never happen again.
    I appreciate and agree with the over-all message of your post, if you see me IC I'm usually pretty abrasive/obnoxious as Sal so I don't want you worry there's any OOC motivation behind it if I do insult you.