User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what's the most BE'd marine role?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PFCs and MTs no doubt, they're the ones with the ability to annoy the CO the most.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing that can be taken as certain is that any XO or SO that OBs an entire squad will either get BE'd or be forced to suicide.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just fucking Delta Marines.
    Commanding Officer Mark 'Sherman' Wilson

Synthetic Unit Marcus

Predator Rekag'Voli

Spoiler Spoiler:

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PFC, no doubt.

Other than that, req staff and engineering staff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Squad leads and pilots, by far.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaznoodles View Post
    Squad leads and pilots, by far.
    Bad Pilots don't get BE'd as often as you'd think. I've seen a pair of pilots fly Alamo on a five minute schedule in spite of Marines begging them to launch ASAP so wounded could get treated and someone burst on Alamo while it was still on the ground, that's how long it took. The XO told them off and the CO didn't do anything... but they ignored the XO's orders to fly more frequently afterwards and basically only launched whenever someone was getting obviously annoyed at them for delaying.

The thing to remember is some roles have an almost meta BE immunity of sorts due to the fact the role does something nobody else can (or wants to) do, so long as the person playing said role isn't absolutely abysmal at it, there aren't enough people to pick up the slack (ie, four POs or a full medical staff and researchers to fill in gaps), the role isn't needed anymore (POs after evac), or exploiting the near-immunity to be an asshole.

The PO takes this to another level in that as long as they don't deliberately kill/get Marines killed they have semi-immunity from specific crimes if there's a CO and nobody in the CIC wants to manage the Alamo's remote launch/the pilot in particular is well known and liked. I've been pardoned for accidentially killing a UPP prisoner with one of Alamo's sentry turrets when I didn't know we had a POW at the LZ for instance.
    Last edited by FGRSentinel; 01-21-2019 at 02:15 PM.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MTs, POs, PFC's from any squad but I find its often the Delta or Alpha ones, and the rat mother fucker CL, and the one SO thats just talking shit the entire op through the Squad chat and he thinks I dont know about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once when I was a SO, another SO shot an OB down right into the middle of the FOB during the big finale battle while the marines were pulling out.
    I am talking like 20+ dead or as good as dead with the xeno rush right next to them. So after a little game of point the finger at all the SO's to find out who did it the CO found the guy and just started blasting away. It was pretty great tbh.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    retarded

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bancrose View Post
    MTs, POs, PFC's from any squad but I find its often the Delta or Alpha ones, and the rat mother fucker CL, and the one SO thats just talking shit the entire op through the Squad chat and he thinks I dont know about it.
    You almost BE me because you though i fired a OB on our own marines lmao