User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kineem - Moderator Application

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kineem has been an a active member of the community for a long time and has pulled his act together after some mishaps. He has proven himself worthy in my books, even though my book weighs no influence whatsoever anymore.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be happy to See this go to a trial
    I would say, work within your hours. No point staying up till 2am every night and getting burnt out
    Ease into it.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am just going to ask: why do you want to join staff team that you previously said so many negative things about before on discord?
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sargash View Post
    I can't say much besides your behavior in discord compounded with your answers to dealing with other staff. This comes across to me as a complete lack of respect for staff. Behind the scenes their has been a lot of heated debate. And right now we're in a confusing spot as a team. I don't believe that adding someone that's causing so much debate would be beneficial for the team at the moment.

I'd be happy to give my approval in a month or two once we're moving again, as you have a pretty solid grasp of the rules, have been around for a long time, and still play quite often. I firmly believe you'd be an asset at a different time, without a doubt.
    -1 though if love to see you come back if you are denied.
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuteCircle View Post
    I am just going to ask: why do you want to join staff team that you previously said so many negative things about before on discord?
    I've wrote down in my application that part of the reason I want to be on the staff team is that "I want to be able to empathize with staff who I may not have always agreed with in the past and see things through their eyes to more accurately understand what staff have to deal with on a day to day basis."

The claim that I have a complete lack of respect for the staff team is blatantly unfounded. If I had no respect for staff I just simply wouldn't apply, because I'm realistic and pragmatic enough to understand that staff members often don't go beyond moderator and moderator is essentially just grunt work with little gain and extra frustration with the game.

I do disagree vehemently with certain decisions that were made by particular staff or rulings that are/were enforced. Captains were notoriously persecuted for perceived LRP actions that weren't really immersion breaking, don't negatively impact people, or some mix of both. The official staff stance is that the server is MRP and RP should be encouraged, yet they frequently do things that fly in the face of this goal. Events that consist of just making a corgi that eat things, farts loudly for some god awful reason and gets bigger every time it does these things, to starting cults with research xenos that are renamed things such as "Ascended Yiren" and "True Yiren". There is often blatant LRP, but if a player would start a cult of their own accord, they would get punished for being LRP without a doubt. A lot of the time that the players get punished for these things, nobody involved is OOCly upset or offended by what's going on, either, which seemingly flies in the face of the policy that staff are there to preserve the enjoyment of the round.

To put it simply, there often is a lack of consistency with rulings and punishments. That does not mean I think the staff team is inherently bad, however. I think the staff team is flawed, and to say otherwise would be dishonest, but there is obviously a reason the staff team exists and they really aren't that bad aside from specifics. As Bancrose noticed, I try very hard to be honest, unbiased and reasonable, and that means acknowledging the faults of the team even as I write an application to join them, regardless if said honesty could hurt my chances for approval.

Beyond that, I do not harass staff members nor go out of my way to do so, and I can and frequently do engage with members of staff or ex-staff in positive ways. I don't smack talk staff in ahelps or act hostile if I don't get my way, and I'm very well-liked by many people in this community, on Discord or in game, even by people who aren't commonly marine or Delta players. Were I an inherently aggressive person with little respect for others, I doubt I would be regarded as highly by those who do know me. Nor do I think my very presence is going to cause constant drama and debate were I to be accepted to the staff team.

Ordukai mentioned recently to me and a Crusher player in deadchat that his advice to people is to join the staff team to try and be the change you want to see. I had been considering making an application for maybe a month or two before actually making my application but never bothered with it. I ended up deciding that at least I could better understand why staff do certain things the way they do and improve the game for other people, the same way that I became a mentor to help others.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozentsbgg View Post
    I'd be happy to See this go to a trial
    I would say, work within your hours. No point staying up till 2am every night and getting burnt out
    Ease into it.
    Don't worry about me chief. I appreciate the concern though. : )

Thanks to everyone who supported my app. Hope to work alongside you fellas soon.
    Last edited by Kineem; 01-10-2020 at 03:57 AM.
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That addresses my concerns, thanks. No reason not to give you a trial.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The staff team is flawed. There is no denying that; it's a human endeavor, so there will inevitably be mistakes. I've always believed that we should be able to take criticism - right or wrong, whether we disagree with it or not - and give it (and the player) the respect due to a member of our community. Regardless of my personal thoughts on the specific complaints you voice, I know you well enough to say that you're not malicious in your intent and that you're capable of objectivity, both individually and as part of a team.

The bottom line is that you're active (with a staggeringly low amount of issues given how long you've been on the server), you're community-minded, and you have a strong app. I think that you've more-than-earned the opportunity to go through a trial and bring a new voice to the team. It's a +1 from me.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meant to respond to this a few days ago. The answers are alright, and I know that you will be a good moderator. Being strongly opinionated in my opinion is a good thing, and I think your input on different issues would be valuable. Epic gamer +1
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My own concerns have also been addressed for the most part. I’m going to hesitantly support this. Don’t give me reason to regret it.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Public attack to staff team is something i heavily dislike, not saying i am unable to take criticism, which i am, all time players dm me making construtive critics and i post a lot on the rule-clarifications.

Also, there is a reason why Staff Reports exist.

Captains were notoriously persecuted for perceived LRP actions that weren't really immersion breaking, don't negatively impact people, or some mix of both.
    While this is a game, we attempt to maintain a level of realism and which is the reason why Captain's are whitelisted. They are a High-Roleplay standard, and i really doubt you would see a captain doing things which are not up to the command steriotype.

Why i dislike attacks? we're all humans, we're passive of errors, some of us have a life outside, wife, kids, university and studies and at some point, we'll break or burn out, i see your side as a player, but i beg not only to you, but to all players to see our side as well as some of us try really hard to keep the game balanced and fun for everyone.

I gave and still give hours in this game because i love the community and still try to help with my best efforts to prevent griefing and LRP which are the major of the ahelps currently.

Hopefully, you'll understand in the future.

While heavily opposed, i am willing to support this application for a trial. don't give us a reason to regret.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was reading the applications and it seems like non-mods can comment as character witnesses which is pretty ebic, and I am surprised that the good mr kineem waited so long to apply! I don't think I've ever seen him be anything but helpful and friendly, and his criticisms of CM tend to be valid criticisms and not just flinging shit at the wall to see what sticks. He knows the game better than 99% of people, has a friendly demeanor and is generally a thoughtful person when I've spoken to him.