Byond ID?
    ChainsawMullet

CM Character?
    Hylla Greene

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT0

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    10+ at least

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Nothing relevant or recent

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Naw

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    //showthrea...ja-Application - Pred app (Accepted)

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Naw

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Not ever, chief.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Not ever, chief.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I'll check everything leading up to the shooting to determine if it was actually random, and if so I'll look over his notes to see if this is a first offense or if he has a history of doing it. Results of that will determine if it's a note or a ban (with length based on how many infractions of the same kind).

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    This is a whitelist issue and the only thing I can do for the player is inform him to report the player and give him the link to the form. Once the report is up I'll get some logs if someone else hasn't already started.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I'll hit him up with a PM referring him to a mentor or just tell a mentor directly to go meet up with him. If none are online I'll send him the quickstart guide and give him some basic tips to get him situated.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I have pretty thick skin so it really wouldn't faze me, and I'll tell him that unfortunately he cannot pick and choose which staff responds to him and refer him to the staff report section if he disagrees with my ruling.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I'll first start by responding the ahelp and saying I'll look into/handle it so that the player does not ahelp it again, and then proceed to check with the other player to see if they're new. If they're new I'll inform them that "famous/meme" names are against the rules and provide a full link to the rules, then offer to change their name (if mods can do that?) and ask what name they want. I'll leave a note of the encounter and leave it at that. If they have a history of it I may have to escalate it to a ban however.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    This is an IC issue, it is up to the MPs to handle improper uniform.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Currently Survivors are not allowed to be hostile, so I will have to inform the Survivor of this new-ish ruling and note them. As usual, if they have a history then it will need to be escalated to a ban.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I'll check with the MP and see what his justification is. It's possible that the player resisted arrest or racked up multiple counts of disrespect during or before his arrest. Depending on what the MP tells me I'll check up myself and see what his charge /should/ be and see if it is legitimate or not.

If I can't get a proper side of the story from either player I will check over the logs myself and determine the full situation (though I will also be doing this while getting their stories anyway).

If the charges do not add up, I'll warn the MP that he needs to check up on Marine Law and get a better grasp of it before giving out permanent confinement. If they do, it's an IC issue and perfectly legitimate.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    A Queen Mother directive to the Xenos telling them that it is a disgrace to the hive to hide from mere hosts, and direct them to fight with dignity in the name of the Queen Mother.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    The best I can do is ahelp it or report it if no staff are online. Staff cannot handle their own problems as there may be bias involved, creating an unfair ruling.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I will inform them that it is not EORG as they are opposing factions, EORG only applies to friendly fire instances (when enemies are not around).

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    This is roundstart shenanigans, I will intercept the aggressor with a Mod PM and inform him that roundstart shenanigans is not tolerated, and give him a note or ban depending on his history of doing this.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I will inform the aggressor that this is improper escalation and link him the rules on it, punches warrant at most defending yourself with a knife. Note or ban depending on his history with this rule.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    MOOC or subtle message to the mutineers informing them that it is illegitimate and to stop before any rules get broken. If they continue anyway then I will have to note/ban them depending on history and aheal the victims.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I'll inform the player that minor IC racism is allowed and that if it bothers him his best bet is to not engage with it.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Classic griefer, check logs, check if he's done this before on other ckeys, file for perma.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    PM them and inform them that suiciding/frontlining as Larva is a rulebreak and warn them not to do it again. With the signature note/xeno ban depending on history with this rulebreak.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    This is borderline NRP, I will inform the player that there is at least some standards for Xenos to RP and that meme stuff/insulting the Queen is a rulebreak. Note/xeno ban based on history.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I will tell the player that since hivemind is just thought translation, the actual wording matters little and there's no rule against xenos calling things their actual names.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Inform the Command player that even though we are in Expected Contact, the USCM does not know that Xenos are on the planet, at best they only know that hostiles are on the planet. Apply a warning note for if this happens again.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Depending on justification or if it was escalated this could either be an IC issue or a rulebreak. I'll get stories from both players and check over the log and determine if this was improper escalation or perfectly legitimate. Note/ban depending on history.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    If they disagree with me, they can file a staff report, however I will tell them not to stir drama about staff who aren't even involved. If their problem is with me then Discord DMs or Staff Reports are the way to solve it.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Empathise with him that it sucks & has happened to me plenty of times, but staff doesn't protect you while you're SSD or when you crash.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Ping him in staff Discord or inform a higher-up with evidence and let them handle it. It's not my place to override his decision or to stir the pot by saying it publicly to normal players.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Let a higher-up know of the situation and what went down, and try to lighten the mood since having staff at eachother's throats is pointless.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I play CM a lot, recently came back from a break from it and figured I might as well pitch in since quite a lot of staff left recently.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    I don't really think there is a definitive most important quality, there's good and bad to pretty much any quality you can think of in a staff position and they all have their place.

Anything else you
    Yes, this section needs to be fixed because it should be "Anything else you want to add?"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello and thank you for applying.

What times are you available.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most days I'm on in the early hours, I can pretty much do any time really depending on what sleep pattern my work puts me on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Chainsaw thanks for applying ya answers are nice with a good amount of detail ya note history is good and ya playtime this month already is pretty decent even though last month it was pretty low but like ya said ya have just came back from a break taking all this into account I don't mind handing out a +1 good luck

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good answers, I know the times that you're available times are good.

I would like to see you on trial.
    +1
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good dude. Will play the game and do more than 99% of staff who sit afk in-game.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 from me friend.

I've had great interactions with ya and your answers check out.

Good luck friend!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solid app and good member of the community.

+1, good luck
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ll be making a relatively long post when I wake up tomorrow.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never had a problem with this man, and he has been helpful towards me when I had early issues with yautja whitelist. He can do the job.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho