User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freeware games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Freeware games

As the title says, this thread is about freeware games if you wanna talk about that.

Personally I love freeware games since they're free (duh) and you can sink hundreds of hours into them without having to pay for additional content like you do in free-to-play games.

Since i'm an avid autist and lover of management games I can share some of the more well known freeware games that i've played.

Dwarf Fortress: If you're somehow playing ss13 and you don't know what this game is, then colour me impressed. It's your favourite dwarf strategy management/adventure roguelike whatever you want it to be game. If your brain is big enough to handle the amazing ASCII graphics (use a different tileset you nerd), it's a great game you can sink plenty of hours in. Been in development for years and it still is, buncha games have been inspired by it, most notably Rimworld.

OpenTTD: Wanna be a capitalist? wanna freight goods with trains, ships, planes, trucks or buses? Become the american hero John D. Rockefeller (not sure if that's right I ain't American) and build complex train networks fucking everywhere. Freight all sorts of goods and watch the money flow. Get your friends together and play multiplayer for spicy competition where the goal is to cuck the others as hard as possible. It's all or nothing in this transport tycoon game, overall a pretty fun game.

Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead: I haven't actually played this game since I didn't want to bother learning it, funny thing about these freeware games is that there is often a steep learning curve. But having watched and heard of others playing it, it does seem fun. It's a roguelike survival game in some post apocalyptic world, it's got ASCII graphics so it's hard to see perhaps. If you learn how to play it i'm sure it hooks you on so you can get a lot of hours in.

Project Reality: If you've heard of the early access game "Squad", this is basically its predecessor. It's free and can be good fun if you enjoy the squad-teamplay military autism. I see it as Arma lite, since you just join a server and jump into a squad instead of having to find a group to play with. A microphone is required to play this, and since microphones are involved, you should maybe expect angry autists. But from my own experiences there haven't been that many, people do expect you to know how to play though and there ain't really a tutorial. So uh, good luck. It can be fun though.

There are plenty of freeware games out there, please do share your own favourite freeware games if you'd like. Remember that browser games and Free-to-play stuff with ingame transactions or paid content do not count as freeware in this case.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cataclysm isn't really that hard to learn. All you have to know is keyboard shortcuts. When you will get that, rest of the game is rather simple, but still challenging.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to add Plasma Pong to the list of Free to Play video games.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ehhh, I like Path of Exile Is basically Diablo 3 but free

Wiki Maintainer Emeritus Sargeantmuffinman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OpenRA. Updated original command and conquer tiberium, dune and red alert.

Oh and freeware doom. Get the brutal doom mod.
    George S.Patton once said: No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making some other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

Good hunting.

Staff from 16 May 2016 to 10th September 2021.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GTA 2 is freeware for quite a long time. For me it still is best GTA.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Freeware more like fortnite with thanos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ELONA, Eternal League of Nefia is basically a fucked up anime isekai roguelike where you can toss cursed booze to make someone puke and "q"uaff their puke, puke yourself, get your puke, identify it and sell to npcs. It's great. You also fight a lot of memery-japanese-esque monsters, video game-monsters and gods. Did I mention you can use a piano as your throwing weapon? Elona is a grindfest for the autist inside you.

osu!, is a rhythm game with 4 modes: standard where you click moving circles all around while keeping "rhythm(?)" and complain how hard it is; catch the beat where you literally catch beats like they were falling fruits from the sky on your tiny basket on "rhythm(?)" and complaing how hard it is; taiko where you smash 4 of your keys on a japanese drum while following some hardass patterns on "rhythm(?)" and complain how hard it is; osu mania!, where you smash 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 or double those amounts keys on your keyboard while keeping rhythm on impossible patterns and complain on how hard it is. The songs maps are all made by players so it's a hit or miss finding a song you like, it's mostly japanese-anime focused though.

Katawa Shoujo, visual novel made by some mad lads about cute girls with disabilities, contains NSFW but you can skip it. There are 5 heroines and the story changes depending on the choices you make, basically a drama picture book with cute little stories. I though they were interesting and fun to read. I did not cry.

nullpomino, tetris. That's all there is to it and all it needs. It's actually more fun than you think! Just like PB'ing that ancient runner with frenzy on a packed fob. Now git to hard dropping those cubes!

thats a few stuff i like to play

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i had fun with treasure adventure game, the free one. and old versions of spelunky, cave story, and la mulana were free and can probably still be found kicking around. i had some ok times with war thunder and world of tanks but theyre grindfests and have been going downhill with more premium vehicle pushing. some pals of mine had a good time with warframe a while back but i hear its also grindy.

if you already have certain popular games that have been out for a while such as hl2 or skyrim then be sure to check for mods that can offer new adventures/quests/campaigns.

loads of old games like doom, shadow warrior, everquest have either gone free to play, have been made officially free to download, or are trivially easy to "find" free.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nekcy View Post
    Weeb stuff
    That's Gay uwu