no job ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    50remandcounting
    Total Ban Duration
    1440 minutes
    Remaining Duration
    What other servers do you play on?
    pretty much just CM atm
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    nope
    Reason for Ban
    "Reason: Grief. As a survivor, stole the FOB crate and the entirety of its contents, therefore completely derailing the round for the marines.."
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    dont have any
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    Okay so I'll just explain the situation from the beginning so we have some context. Me and 3 other survivors decided to build our camp in the execution room in marshalls, when the marines landed me and some others exited out a hole in the back wall to talk to them and engage in diplomacy (we were roleplaying as our own tribe, independent but peaceful towards the ungas). Then some marine decided to push me into a sentry turret, which led to me getting angry IC (and slightly salty OOC) but it was all cool because a medic came to me and healed me.

Then the bravo spec kept punching me for some reason so after warning him I domed him with my shotgun, I was boinked for this but after explaining it was all good. The marines even apologised to me IC for the specs actions, no harm done and this is a good example of things being kept IC like they should be.

Then some dickhead decided to turn on a sentry while I was standing there talking to marines, if their was a single act of grief in this whole situation then this was it. But It was still being handled IC, after I got blasted up by the sentry and exhaling some salt in LOOC I saw a crate fall from the sky. IC I saw this as the 'tribute' that I was owed by the metal headed men, so I declared that I was taking my tribute and begun dragging the crate back to my camp.

Note that in my wounded ass state it took me a solid minute or so of dragging to get it back, infront of a dozen or so marines, none of which tried to actually stop me.

Then I open the crate once its safely inside our survivor camp and notice that its got a shitload of plasteel and metal in it, so I realize that the marines probably need this stuff but I'm still not just gonna hand it over to them and will instead do what anyone would realistically do in this situation: use it as a bargaining chip.

I then demanded that the marines send me a "medicine man" to heal my injuries sustained from the sentry, which the marine I was talking to agreed to and he ran off to get someone. A few seconds later Jackson Dee arrives and comes inside the camp after agreeing to leave his weapon outside. He heals me up and we begin roleplaying (you know, the point of CM) about the crate situation, halfway through our trade talks the xenos start attacking in mass and cut us off from safe exit. A minute later our camp gets OB'd and all of us get gibbed besides Dee.

Dee then proceeds to have an epic last stand where he kills 2 xenos, then escapes out the back, then charges BACK in and recovers the crate.

So basically, their was no griefing at all. Stealing is not in breach of the hostile survivor rule, if a marine stole a crate then he'd get treated by the MP's and not admins, as it should be. I believe that the trial mod who banned me has really over stepped the line of mod intervention, this was a situation that was player driven and handled by the players in a way that was fun and interesting. Where the marines derailed by me stealing their crate? Probably, but they could have stopped me and didnt. Xeno's dont get banned for derailing the marines when they win a round, it was a natural part of the round and in this case it lead to an earlier xeno victory (its not like that happens much anyway these days). While its only a 24 hour ban and I usually woulden't care, I think this bodes poorly for the state of CM and how railroaded it has become and how trigger happy mods have become, and also because I don't wanna cop a survivor ban in the future when something like this happens again.

Regards, Windhealer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Witness here and also Delta engineer.

As an engineer, I did not complain because of the lack of supplies and south FOB is secured but Tcomms isn't. The survivors did not cause a fight or trouble but those bald marines are trying to bait them. And I saw a marine who turned on the sentry intentional. Wamakahana did not grief at all. xD I don't know who is that trial mod banned him but it was really a bad idea for not investigating the incident well. Its IC issue and MPs should be the one to handle this kind of situation.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay I realize that you cant appeal 24 hour bans smh, understandable but I'd still like this to be removed from my notes as its in my opinion very unfair. I'll contact the mod directly and take it from there

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there, allow me to just give my input on the situation the way I've seen and handled it.

Considering the CO's plan for the round was to build a MegaFOB, with three whole squads involved in it, special care was taken that the FOB crate is delivered with all of the necessities, filled to the brim. I commenced investigating as soon as I saw marines reporting over the radio that "a survivor has stolen the FOB" crate and saw you with it in your possesion, indeed using it to bargain with the marines.

Normally, survivors stealing from marines isn't an issue at all, just so we're clear. However, stealing an entire honest-to-God-packed-to-the-brim FOB crate is something I deem sabotage, which is a clear cut hostile act and something you're barred from doing as a survivor and is a rule 4 violation. Mind you, however, that this would not have been acceptable at all if a marine did it either, and I would have investigated and applied punishment in the same manner, but you commiting that as a survivor only further increased the severity of the act.

And to wrap this up let me remind you that survivors being OOCly barred from being hostile to marines isn't a one-sided thing meant to gimp and suck out all the fun out of playing survivor. Marines are (and HAVE BEEN, way before hostile survivors have been banned) disallowed to screw around with, harm, gun down survivors that have shown ZERO hostile intentions to the marines. So, in the future, please, if you start getting shoved around in front of the sentries and attacked for no good reason whatsoever, ahelp it and me and the rest of the team will straighten that out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I was the marine that the good Mr. Windhealer took the crate from and also witnessed him getting gakked by the sentry.

This happened during a lowpop round where I was a delta engineer deployed to the FOB. The survivors, at roundstart, showed zero hostile intent whatsoever, but due to marine negligence Windhealer ended up getting shot with a sentry, it happens and the marines didn't do it on purpose, but from an IC perspective we just shot a civilian. About three minutes after Windhealer got shot (and before he was entirely healed), I got coordinates for a supply drop which landed right next to Windhealer. His character took that as a tribute, and slowly dragged the crate away from me as I followed asking for it back into the little survivor hideout area in marshalls. I went over to talk with Windhealer, hoping to negotiate for the crate back, and he was willing to negotiate, requesting a medic and good treatment in exchange for the crate. I obliged, got my squad's medic Jackson Dee, and the two of them went into their little hideout to hash out a deal while the round went on. The only even remotely interaction that the survivors had with the marines was not even from windhealer, it was another survivor that pulled out his shotgun as I was trying to make my way into their little hideout, and even that was hardly hostile.

I know that opinions are like assholes, and that everyone has one and nobody wants to hear about mine, but in this case, I wouldn't call anything the survivors did even remotely hostile. They were respectful and offered a negotiation to get our supplies back, the only thing that prevented us from getting those supplies back (In really only about ten minutes), was a CAS strike which killed all of them. Marine negligence led to the survivors being hindered and their solution to this problem was to take some of our equipment to negotiate with us. The survivors weren't hostile, they never attacked marines or purposefully harmed them, they just weren't 100% gung ho supportive of them and wanted help after we almost ruined one of their rounds. This was some of the best roleplay I've had with a survivor, and to find out that the player I roleplayed with got banned for acting in a completely reasonable HRP way is a little bit ridiculous. Windhealer did not derail the round, that was the fault of a billion other factors, and the timeframe that this happened in is so small that if the marines didn't use the megaFOB strat we would've had the supplies back before a xeno even began probing the FOB. If the survivor rule was made to prevent hostile survivors from gunning down tons of marines at roundstart, then this seems like a bit of a stretch in its enforcement.

Anyhow, here is some information to help with logdiving.

The marines who were mostly involved in the negotiations are Scott Ivors, Jackson Dee, Lother 'Sexist' Jones and Windhealer. You can find the start of the crate stealing interaction the first time that windhealer says tribute, and it lasts for about twenty minutes.

tl;dr Windhealer didn't take the crate and run off to grief them, he took it to negotiate for medical treatment and was fully willing to give it back, and he did this after marines fucked up enough to hinder HIS round

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the Bravo spec here. Dreven told me he was going to scalp us and kinda pissed me off ICLY so I gave him what for, and hit him a few times, even after he took out his shotgun so he did indeed dome me. Technicially improper esc, but I told the moderator i was completely fine with it because it was good roleplay. These werent hostile survivors, they were survivors who did some.....kinda hostile stuff but did so RPly and in good faith.

In a round where we were sentenced to megafob, having windhealers fob crate hostage was kind of an interesting turn of events that spiced up roleplay.

Yea all in all. Windhealer provided some good RP, the fob really wasnt derailed that badly. People had fun.
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, seeing as the ban has expired. This will be closed.

If you believe the staff member was incorrect in their actions you will need to file a report.

Resolved. Ban expired.
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager