Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Omegagachi

Marine Name
    Timmy Doogood AYY7

Other Whitelist Applications
    Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Tanner

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    If you are a working joe synth in the colony and a xenomorph comes right up to you, you may defend yourself but not chase him down. The same can be said if you are an Almayer synth and it is during code delta.

Synthetic Character Story
    The deck of the Almayer shook, a marine ran past a man in a Hawaiin shirt, cargo pants and sunglasses, this man however, was not a man at all, he was a synthetic named Tanner.

Tanner strolled through the Almayer, a pep in his step and a cocky grin to accompany it, the battle below him was not going well, heavy marine casualties combined with a highly important site to hold meant he had a whole lot of work to do. Half of the shipside crew was called down to battle the massive Colonial Liberation Front attack force, their goal was simple, kill the head of a small Weston-Yamada colonial administration bureau for the sector. The site of the battle was a resort, the staff mostly dead and the VIP was on the Almayer. However due to the sensitive nature of information on certain computers in the resort, the marines were staying.

Finally reaching the Combat Information Center, the Executive Officer spoke, “Tanner, a large portion of our shipside staff had to deploy, that includes some members of cargo and most of engineering, handle their jobs.” Tanner nodded, “You got it broski!” His tone was unusually upbeat all of the time, even if hundreds of men were dead or dying below them. He had his mission, he planned to do it with efficiency and gusto. In the middle of walking down the stairs, he heard ARES blare across the ship, it was on code red.

Command spoke over the radio, two CLF boarding parties were on the ship, “Hey bros, should I keep like, doing the stuff you said?” Tanner asked, his pace quickening to a jog. “Focus entirely on engineering, the engineering staff will be busy fortifying areas.” The Executive Officer spoke again, gunfire ran out nearby as he bursted into a run, eventually reaching Engineering. As he entered the reactor chamber, he spotted the Chief Engineer struggling to get a CLF operative off of him. It was code delta, Tanner was ready.

Walking over, Tanner spoke to the CLF operative, “Broski, that’s like, not cool!” After he spoke, he grabbed a wrench from the inside of his shirt and bashed the man in the face with it. Falling off of the Chief Engineer, he quickly got up, reaching for his sidearm. Tanner, cracking his neck smashed him in the chin, then the face, he continued this, again, again, again, until eventually the operative was knocked out cold. The Chief Engineer grabbed the man’s sidearm, firing one shot into his face.

“Bro, you going to like, go help with the fortifications on the ship?” Tanner was fixing up the minor wounds the Chief Engineer had as he spoke. “Yeah, yeah, I’m going to the CIC, handle the reactors, you should ah..” He looked at the body, “You should be able to handle yourself.” Tanner nodded, “Good luck bro!” The Chief Engineer stood up, taking some ammo for his pistol and running out the room. Tanner had his objective, and the means to do them.

It took a few minutes, but he fixed up the damaged reactors and restored the empty ones with new fuel cells, however he heard two voices approaching him. Grabbing a fire extinguisher, he looked to the door, seeing the operatives enter, CLF operatives. Throwing the fire extinguisher at one of them, he hit the man right on the dome, an audible “CLANG!” being heard throughout the room. The other man fired at Tanner, hitting him in the right arm, disabling it. Tanner was fast, however, that combined with the lack of pain made it easy for him to get the man into his reach. “Bro! Just like, stop fighting and stuff!” Grabbing a screwdriver from his toolbelt, he thrusted it into the man’s left arm, the tip bulging out of his skin on the other side. The man screamed, but stayed in focus due to the adrenaline pumping through his veins. Grabbing his sidearm, he empties the entire magazine into Tanner’s foot.

Falling to the ground, Tanner grappled onto the soldier, the both falling down the stairs, both hitting their heads. There would be one difference between them, Tanner just took minor damage, the soldier got knocked out cold. Two marines ran into the room, followed by a maintenance technician. They would capture both of the soldiers, the engineer fixing Tanner up. The Almayer was secured, a mixture of the CLF’s own weaknesses and the high amount of wounded marines that were recently sent out of medbay lead to a quick victory. The boost in morale allowed the battle to be sent in the marine’s favor, the intel being secured. A minor victory, but a victory.

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Tanner models are stereotypical "Surfer Dudes" from California, saying "Bro", "Dude", "Broski" etc. They act extremely well around children due to originally being built to staff high profile WY resorts. You can see why one would be on the Almayer.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I can do it

Need to use the wiki for construction stuff.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I can do it

Don't really need to use the wiki for anything for command stuff

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I can do it

Need to use the wiki for chemistry, but it doesn't slow me down and I can memorize it once I get into the flow of making a shit ton of a chem

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I can do it

I'm best at this specific support job, so I can do it the fastest without needing a wiki or anything

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I don't see very many synths, it just looks like a fun as fuck job to me

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No, just bwoinks for hoologanism stuff

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    Not a writer, I just want to play synth

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Editing this post after re-reading the app, it is very underwhelming. the isn't the greatest but shows your quirk. It's the questions that get me. Your combat scenario answer doesn't fill me with confidence about you knowing the guidelines, combined with the other lack luster answers. I recommend you read the accepted apps before re-applying.-1
    Last edited by superjo98; 01-10-2020 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Change of opinion
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, my answers are honestly kind of lackluster. I did read through a few, though I could get away with leaving them undetailed and just rely on witnesses to +1 me or something

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by omegagachi View Post
    Yeah, my answers are honestly kind of lackluster. I did read through a few, though I could get away with leaving them undetailed and just rely on witnesses to +1 me or something
    ?????????

Also after all the reactions your previous app got on your combat response did you didnt lock the answer down on this one either?
    Last edited by BeardedWall; 01-14-2020 at 06:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By that I meant from what I've seen in other apps for synth and CO, most of the +1 responses were from people who have seen them work well as an MT or an XO and such

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think your answers are a little underwhelming. I haven't really seen much of you, personally, and there aren't many people who have vouched for you, which worries me the most.

-1. Play a bit more and put a bit more effort next time and I think your next app can go through.
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kineem View Post
    I think your answers are a little underwhelming. I haven't really seen much of you, personally, and there aren't many people who have vouched for you, which worries me the most.

-1. Play a bit more and put a bit more effort next time and I think your next app can go through.
    Point taken, I'll do a bit more work focusing on getting my name out as CE, RO, CMO, etc and get a collage of my skills for the next answer set I do

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the old story more. The quirk kinda falls into gimmick territory and I am not a huge fan of it, but it's not the worst either, if you decide to stick with it make sure to not go overboard once you get accepted. "They act extremely well around children due to originally being built to staff high profile WY resorts." This part is kinda moot since there's no kids on Almayer. I am disappointed you admit your answers are lackluster but still kept them. Please heed other's feedback and look at more accepted apps.

This is being denied. I strongly advise you ask someone in whitelist-help on discord to review your application before you post it here. One of synthetic technicians will surely be happy to help you with your next attempt.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.