• None of the others

4 3.33%
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Nesting Gameplay 2020 Discussion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you mean you dont want young / mature / elder / anciant anymore? you dont want xeno to have hive idle time?

by the way you say you have enough people working on lag, it dont feel like so, game never been this laggy since new years.

your player base rise, focus on this instead of on shity mecanic change. sory for beeing blunt

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningMetal View Post
    you mean you dont want young / mature / elder / anciant anymore?
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by BurningMetal View Post
    by the way you say you have enough people working on lag, it dont feel like so, game never been this laggy since new years.

your player base rise, focus on this instead of on shity mecanic change. sory for beeing blunt
    we don't need 20 devs doing game optimization. 2-3 is enough. We have 4 bugs due to new map and few issues with IO and FT tracker, those cause all the lag.

Along with... you know... being DOSed once in a while

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having hosts being unable to resist nesting anymore is fine to be honest. Marines wanna complain about something without understanding that capturing is difficult as hell to do. If you're not a carrier or a drone your gonna prioritize killing hosts to dwindle their numbers anyway possible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I think it boils down to this question: Should xenos have to worry about internal hive threats from captured humans?

Until this update is played over a good few dozen times there is no telling whether the internal threat of nested marines should return in any form at all or if the update has fixed the problem it is meant to address.
    Never once have I seen an update completely reverted once it has been implemented on a non-test basis, however I have seen updates bring back components they once removed months later in some way or another (see the inventory update from 2017; eventually the flaws were ironed out and we enjoy much more content like pouches because of it).

In many ways (like non-perma ghosting for nested marines) the update is a good thing. It's hard to argue that this isn't basically an improvement of nested-gameplay for marines since you don't have to sit there hoping that sentinel hovering you gets distracted and you don't have to stare at the little box you're stuck in while you hope for rescue, it just feels that it may be a bit incomplete in that it gives marines NO options to escape of their own volition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well with the latest update, facehuggers are now completely useless unless manually put on marine's faces. Just saw a single lone marine clear an entire room full of resin hole traps by simply clicking on the facehuggers that stood still doint absolutely nothing while they moved around the room.

Might as well remove Carrier now, you neutered it completely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm all for reducing the need for marines to guard the FOB and I think sentries do a great job of that.

There's still a need to have at least a drone in the hive to manage planting eggs, removing eggs, unnesting dead humans, maybe being a plasma battery for the queen. Just in the same way that even if you gave the marines 20 sentries there would still be a need to have an engi at the FOB for repairing cades spitters are trying to take out, operating the mortar, that kind of thing.

The only problem with this is that sentries are actually really strong offensively too, it's hard to make things that the marines could use to protect the FOB which they also can't use to attack the hive. Personally I'd love to see something like electric fences and anti-burrower marston mats but I'm unsure on actual implementation, or I'd put something on gitlab. Same thing for new nest mechanics, I've had an idea floating around where maybe marines could escape from nests but their backpack, guns, and belt all get stuck in the nests so they're down to boot knife and have no choice but to actually try and escape. Need to think about it some more though. Perma nesting is just the simplest and easiest solution and it is better than the system it replaces, for both marines and xenos.

One thing I really want to say though, keep the nests in the game please. If you remove the need for xenos to capture live hosts and just kill everything and make larva out of dead bodies you're going to remove the most unique mechanic in CM, one of the things that separates this game from everything else out there. I can't think of a single game like CM in that regard and it's part of why I come back to CM after more than a year of playing here. It's janky as fuck but that's the price you pay for being unique and interesting.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentMountain View Post
    Well with the latest update, facehuggers are now completely useless unless manually put on marine's faces. Just saw a single lone marine clear an entire room full of resin hole traps by simply clicking on the facehuggers that stood still doint absolutely nothing while they moved around the room.

Might as well remove Carrier now, you neutered it completely.
    It was the case before "latest update". Hell, you can even save other marine from hugging after he stepped on the trap. Even more, there is a slight chance to do it yourself! But you have to be so quick, you basically had to fall on it on purpose to pull it off.

Latest change only bugfixed huggers who could fly across the room if beno activated them with marine on the screen, which was fucking unfair. Carrier is still the only beno capable of infecting far away from hive.

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I just experienced a round with permanesting.

What a shitty idea, revert this ASAP. It ruins the rounds of a lot of marines. There's no chance to escape, no cool heroic redemption of making it out of the hive because the xenos are too incompetent to guard instead of going on a murder spree. I have seen brilliant nesting defenses with acid holes outside that prevent mag harness shotgun marines from escaping like the spurgs they are. Get smart with it. Don't spoon feed them this boring update that literally makes playing marine shit because a warrior can permastun you with a grab and drag you back to the hive for facehugging.

This update is worthless with how easy it is to capture for some castes. I don't see why this would even be thought of.
    Last edited by Snooper44; 01-13-2020 at 12:46 AM.

Commodore Greg Lauffer

Whitelist Maintainer

January 1st 2021 - June 28th 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the change, but it's grossly slanted rounds in xeno favor it feels like - not just because people can't get out of the nest and so burst more often, but also because all the nest guards are now out and fighting. 3-4 xenos fighting on the front line can take on 10-15 marines, it's a big deal.

Right now I think the best thing to do with this is get rid of xeno vore, and force them to actually cart your ass to a nest. This would give you a chance to actually fight back - no more 3 seconds behind cover and getting eaten gg. If xenos don't have a sentinel or runner on you, or they don't facehug you, they aren't getting a capture. Possibly even reduce the facehug stun time. Force xenos to build nests on the front line or closer to the front line. This way there's also a chance marine pushes can reach people and actually free them.

I think this alone would be enough to balance out the easier time xenos have with capturing. To recap:

1. Get rid of xeno vore
    2. Possibly reduce stun time on face hugs
    3. Possibly reduce drag speed for some xenos

With the intent of allowing marines to fight back before being nested, and forcing nests to be closer to the front line so marines more often have a chance of being freed by friends.
    Last edited by Boersgard; 01-13-2020 at 03:41 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Snooper44 i just finished a round where this update was set in place and i would like to say that when i got the message you cannot escape unless freed by other marines i felt underwhelmed. In my opinion this kills the hope in a Marine to be able to escape the hive and possibly free his brethren even if they are not able to escape an escape attempt is self rewarding it self as you know you are fighting with the exenos to the last breath, it gives a sense of accomplishment and feel of heroism contributing to the cause.

I had many scenarios where my self and other marines were able to escape from the clutches of the Hive and was able to escape to the safety of other marines.(These experiences are fun and cooperative and is saddens me that they will not occur anymore because of this update.) With this update so many possible roleplay situations get removed and with it so many ways of possible enjoyment of the game on another level.

I think guarding the marines is not hard for exenos and if they do not guard the marines, they should be punished for it in my opinion. 7-10 marines in a hive next to each other would cooperate and try to escape it is up to the exenos to prevent this as 7-10 marines captured and bursting is extremely valuable for the exenos considering they can take down at least 3-4 minimum marines when fully grown.
    Last edited by Critilius; 01-13-2020 at 07:32 AM.
    Aden Cooper