1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boersgard View Post
    1. Get rid of xeno vore
    2. Possibly reduce stun time on face hugs
    3. Possibly reduce drag speed for some xenos
    1. being worked on
    2. ugh... unsure... getting hugger to frontline is already ass, unless you are carrier - but that's the caste's job
    3. will be worked on when we get what values are the best in combination with 1

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Critilius View Post
    I agree with Snooper44 i just finished a round where this update was set in place and i would like to say that when i got the message you cannot escape unless freed by other marines i felt underwhelmed. In my opinion this kills the hope in a Marine to be able to escape the hive and possibly free his brethren even if they are not able to escape an escape attempt is self rewarding it self as you know you are fighting with the exenos to the last breath, it gives a sense of accomplishment and feel of heroism contributing to the cause.

I had many scenarios where my self and other marines were able to escape from the clutches of the Hive and was able to escape to the safety of other marines.(These experiences are fun and cooperative and is saddens me that they will not occur anymore because of this update.) With this update so many possible roleplay situations get removed and with it so many ways of possible enjoyment of the game on another level.

I think guarding the marines is not hard for exenos and if they do not guard the marines, they should be punished for it in my opinion. 7-10 marines in a hive next to each other would cooperate and try to escape it is up to the exenos to prevent this as 7-10 marines captured and bursting is extremely valuable for the exenos considering they can take down at least 3-4 minimum marines when fully grown.
    Ok, now that I have slept a bit and not behaving like an asshole, an honest question to ya: in cases where you were captured, how fair was your capture in your mind?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hello! now that you slept a bit and not behave like an asshole, considere reading my post again, maybe you might see something you didnt seen earlier, who know! =)
    have a good day!

------------------
    Hello! i beleive perma nesting is not the good direction for this game to go.

capturing/nesting/guarding nest is an important fun part of the game that give for BOTH SIDE marines and xenos, more depth and freedom, contributing to the immersion feeling.

As a marines, it is great to have the possibility to play this part of the game, try to escape; fail if your guarded, sucess if your unguarded, try to reach marine safety if possible or if not, decide to go kamikazee with your m15... So many fun and interesting choices! ...Of course you wouldnt be able to do much if your guarded. LEGIT. Permanest will just delete this whole possibility, this whole gameplay sequence that is part of the immersion. -player who dont like resisting while nested can allways ghost, no need to force it upon those who enjoy resisting.

As a xeno, to be able to capture and nest, watch over your capture, watch the noodle grow inside the player trying to resist is a unique and very rewarding experience. while if they get perma-nested it give the feeling of ending their gameplay expericene instead, wich feel less challenging, less rewarding and leave a bad aftertaste knowing you just made that marine force ghost; it dont feel as good.
    As for the capture guarding ''problem'', i beleive it is a foundemental job of the xeno; the same for marines need shipside job; xeno need nest side job.

SOLUTION IDEA= Xeno should IN GAME make it a meta rule to ''ALL YOUNG STAY AT HIVE TO GUARD NEST''. This way we fix 2 problem; unguarded kamikazee murheen will now be guarded, and young xeno will be at hive instead of dying like noob on the frontline.
    SOLUTION IDEA to improove guarding / resisting nest = why not make it that nested marines can learn xeno language? it would make it deeper and give us more RP possibility, maybe infested marines will make deal with the queen to spy on almayers etc. or what about noodles controling the tall? fun no?

To Resume, permanesting is not the direction to go; it only LESSER marine experience and DUMBDOWN xeno experience.
    instead, find way to make the unique feature of nesting resisting marines and guarding them MORE ENGAGING FOR PLAYERS.

I would also like to express that there as been many vote concerning the permanest matter in game and in forum, and the player base OBVIOUSLY dont want to go in perma nest direction. all votes clearly state that we prefer resisting and guarding feature over the perma nest.

Bottom line DEVS SHOULD BE WORKING ON THE LAG ISSUE instead of making permanest... so we can enjoy a bigger player base playing witout lag.
    Keep the player freedom/immersion intact by expanding on what you have instead of deleting possibility.
    Good day CM!

-Miranda 'Frost' Vayne / LZR

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aside from the one or two times of "heroic escape" from nests that seem to be spoken about. 99% of the time, Marines that get out of the nest they were trapped in, they suicide grenade. Heroic escapes are virtually none existent
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    Ok, now that I have slept a bit and not behaving like an asshole, an honest question to ya: in cases where you were captured, how fair was your capture in your mind?
    Hi captures are 100% fair in my opinion unless the person that is captured lost connection to the server and wakes up in the hive or similar situations where you have no control over. But if you are fighting and you get captured for any reason maybe you overextended,you got hugged,another marine pushed you in to a trap etc are 100% fair because we are a team and if one of us fucks up there are consequences for it, i think same applies to exenos if there are captured marines the exenos should have the responsibility to make sure their offspring's are born by preventing an escape.
    Aden Cooper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But the suicide nade felt like an accomplishment and stopping it as a xeno also felt rewarding. I can't recall a single round as xeno where some marine didn't escape and nade the nests, killing themselves and other hosts and pissing off a queen due to the lack of guards. Sure, it is more fun to Frontline as a xeno, but then why not make guarding more rewarding rather than remove it entirely? This also removes fun experiences for Marine players.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by x31stOverlord View Post
    Aside from the one or two times of "heroic escape" from nests that seem to be spoken about. 99% of the time, Marines that get out of the nest they were trapped in, they suicide grenade. Heroic escapes are virtually none existent
    I'd like to point out that this is one of the reasons perma-nesting is a very "meh to bad" change in my eyes. Not only are xenos guaranteed to get 100% burst rate on EVERY capture, marines can't even try to take their fate in their own hands and detonate themself to prevent a burst. It just completely removes any sense of interaction or possible "YEAH FUCK YOU XENOS" moments and as soon as you get facehugged you might as well just ghost because you're going to be nested regardless since you're, you know, unconscious.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Critilius View Post
    Hi captures are 100% fair in my opinion unless the person that is captured lost connection to the server and wakes up in the hive or similar situations where you have no control over. But if you are fighting and you get captured for any reason maybe you overextended,you got hugged,another marine pushed you in to a trap etc are 100% fair because we are a team and if one of us fucks up there are consequences for it, i think same applies to exenos if there are captured marines the exenos should have the responsibility to make sure their offspring's are born by preventing an escape.
    huh... strange position... I expected people having issues with how people are facehugged and dragged to the base

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausrine View Post
    Sure, it is more fun to Frontline as a xeno, but then why not make guarding more rewarding rather than remove it entirely?
    That's an entirely different direction. We chose to remove the mechanic because xeno numbers were low, xeno players were going frontline and forgetting about guarding, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausrine View Post
    This also removes fun experiences for Marine players.
    I know, dev xenomain, etc etc, but, I never had fun when nested

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    huh... strange position... I expected people having issues with how people are facehugged and dragged to the base
    We are a team and we need to operate as one this includes the exenos, i know some people UNGA and get others killed but that has a consequence to the whole operation. It is the same with exenos i believe if they happen to mess up such as being lazy guarding humans in this case they should be punished. This update removes a significant portion of exeno responsibility from the game while there are so many ways marines can fuck up.
    Aden Cooper