4 3.33%
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Nesting Gameplay 2020 Discussion

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I be honest for a moment, am I the only one who got used to eggsniping and hugger combat. I've just recently shed light after 2016, even back then we had stackable huggers, carriers instantly throwing them to your face (you were also able to catch them, drop them and kill em) and other shit. I got used to all of it and I think the eggsniping was far easier to deal against than what was back then. What happened to helmets breaking after huggers kept pouncing on them? What about the hugger clawing the host's face when they were forcibly pulled out? Maybe going back a step or two and working around these ideas back again can work instead of throwing new shit into the hole.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring back frontline nests!

Make it so that xenos can't tunnel while devouring. You could also explore the possibility of disabling vore entirely or just restricting it to a single caste. (like the runner? or burrower?) If you do this it forces xenos to make a frontline nesting which gives marines a bonus chance to escape. (less suicide nading) I know not everyone liked guarding hosts, but it was a necessary role that at times added a little thrill when marines would try to breakout. Myself as a marine loved trying to breakout with a flamethrower. Could usually get a few kills and sometimes even escape. (although it was rare)

Another important thing that I feel is overlooked and neglected is the machete. GIVE IT A BONUS DAMAGE AGAINST DOORS AND NESTS. This would make it a viable breakout weapon.

Also mag harnass shotties are the bane of guarding xenos. I wish a mag harnass would reduce your RoF or be disabled entirely for the shotgun, or reduce the ammo capacity for regular pump action to like 5 or 6. Instead devs keep increasing the mag capacity for the shotty gradually. I can understand that for something like slugs of fletch on the mouse gun, but it's really OP for buckshot. Part of an old tactic as xeno was to get a marine to use up his ammo and force them to reload. Doing this is now suicide.
    Last edited by Rocco Ward; 01-15-2020 at 09:23 PM.

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To people who call the new mechanic cheap I have this to answer: the old mechanic was cheap. You lost the fight, some xeno probably took a massive risk to capture you. And now you get three free attempts to nullify it with a few button presses?

I played sentinel from time to time and sort of enjoyed guarding nests, but most players wouldn't. Realistically it's just a massive chore, more than anything. "Oh, your escape attempt one, got you, try again, time to go prevent your friends escape attempt number two." And the most cancerous thing was not PBs, but suicide nading.

As for the new system, it's ok, but with the concurrent xeno nerfs, the game balance seems really tilted towards the marine side. I think if unresistable nests were removed right now, we would get 80% marine majors.

My ideal nest system would probably be some large nest escape stun with a twist that it gets smaller, the more marines are in sight of each other, basically making solo escapes\self-nading impossible, but coordinated multi-marines escapes would be a threat.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sg2002 View Post
    some xeno probably took a massive risk to capture you.
    You're referring to the balanced warrior neckgrab with it's balanced no resist and balanced oxy damage?

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you as a marine fight as part of a proper unit\blob of marines, warrior grab is balanced. On the other hand, if you rambo and get grabbed, it's your own fault. Warrior grab exists exactly to punish such moves. Warrior grab is literally the best mechanic in the game.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TeknoKot View Post
    What about the hugger clawing the host's face when they were forcibly pulled out?
    I remember that mechanic from back when I first played CM. I liked the idea of an ally being able to run over and pull the hugger off of you, and if they did it quick enough you wouldn't get infected. I liked the idea of not really being sure whether or not you got infected, and having to watch your chat for symptoms. When I got back into CM in 2018 I was kinda disappointed to get that "the hugger cannot be removed" message the first time I tried to rip one off of a freshly hugged marine. That was a really cool mechanic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnwaveringGrey View Post
    I remember that mechanic from back when I first played CM. I liked the idea of an ally being able to run over and pull the hugger off of you, and if they did it quick enough you wouldn't get infected. I liked the idea of not really being sure whether or not you got infected, and having to watch your chat for symptoms. When I got back into CM in 2018 I was kinda disappointed to get that "the hugger cannot be removed" message the first time I tried to rip one off of a freshly hugged marine. That was a really cool mechanic.
    Yeah I miss that feature as well.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With how easy it is to capture people if you play warrior, carrier, or queen, it should be harder to just slap huggers onto people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Nesting is fine, devouring is fine, the damage xenos be taking from reverse chestbursting? NOT fine in this unga's opinion.

How that did not translate into a vomit or anything before I got vomited onto a hugger, is past my pea brain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehillus View Post
    New Nesting is fine, devouring is fine, the damage xenos be taking from reverse chestbursting? NOT fine in this unga's opinion.

How that did not translate into a vomit or anything before I got vomited onto a hugger, is past my pea brain.
    Lmao incredible.