• None of the others

4 3.33%
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Nesting Gameplay 2020 Discussion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok just experienced the perma nesting myself. Not as bad as a lot of other things like the balanced neck grab or the almost invisible hugger traps. This can work with some polishing.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could be fine with devouring if you were able to shoot inside a xenos stomach. Before you were able to blast through and end up almost dead, now I believe someone bitched and whined about how it doesn't let xenos get captures? Horseshit, both sides get punished here, one for burning themselves in process, the other for carrying a person for fucking ages after he was hugged anyways with enough time to nest them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehillus View Post
    New Nesting is fine, devouring is fine, the damage xenos be taking from reverse chestbursting? NOT fine in this unga's opinion.
    How that did not translate into a vomit or anything before I got vomited onto a hugger, is past my pea brain.
    You do like 5 damage per hit and xenos have 300+ hp

Functionally being able to burst out of xenos was removed in all but name by whoever made the changes to damage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TeknoKot View Post
    "both sides get punished here, one for burning themselves in process, the other for carrying a person for fucking ages after he was hugged anyways with enough time to nest them."
    The thing that pissed me off the most about the events that took place in that image was the fact I wasnt even hugger stunned. It was Lunged and yote from the squad, then promptly devoured, no hugger slap or nothing.

Even with me doing everything "mostly" right (I have been informed the shotgun with bayo MIGHT have done it if I didnt switch to the boot knife) the warrior was not punished in any meaningful way by basically swallowing a full health marine with no other stun than the choke hold. I might have done a lot of damage, I might not have, but even if I did do damage to the warrior, they just nap on resin for an amount of time and repeat on another marine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing that pissed me off the most about the events that took place in that image was the fact I wasnt even hugger stunned. It was Lunged and yote from the squad, then promptly devoured, no hugger slap or nothing.

Even with me doing everything "mostly" right (I have been informed the shotgun with bayo MIGHT have done it if I didnt switch to the boot knife) the warrior was not punished in any meaningful way by basically swallowing a full health marine with no other stun than the choke hold. I might have done a lot of damage, I might not have, but even if I did do damage to the warrior, they just nap on resin for an amount of time and repeat on another marine.
    Warrior grab is an unfun broken mechanic and has been for a long time. It needs to be a range of 1 or 2 tiles, or it needs to actually lunge the warrior out in the open on a miss. Probably also a good idea to force the warrior to use both hands to maintain its grip so it can't both chokehold and also punch/fling other people without letting go.

Even with these changes I think it'll still be an unfun broken mechanic. The stun time is simply way too long. Maybe if devour as a mechanic were stripped, and the warrior can't maul you to death with its second hand it would be acceptable, but whatever the case is, it NEEDS to change from what it's like right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I'm going to be frank the current nesting mechanics are just bad. I can definitely say I prefer the older ones but some people are unhappy guarding the nest despite Marines having to do shit that is just as boring if not more so. so I wanted to throw in my two cents. Perma nesting is a horrible mechanic it takes any fun the marine player was having away possibly permanently. Let's be honest there is a near zero percent chance that someone will randomly wander into the nest and save them. Now if it was insentivized to build your nest towards the front so if the marines manage a good push and save a few boys that changes things. Then perama nesting isn't COMPLETELY shit. However that has it's own number of problems. Like how it just doesn't work lore wise that the queen is ordering the main nest to the front. It's just silly. So unless someone can think of a good alternative then it's bust. Maybe making paratroopers a thing so they can drop behind enemy lines and rip people from the nests? Well then we're back to square one and guarding nests are back. Might as well just let marines rip out of nests again.

However I do have a rather.... odd other solution. hat if we gave the Xenos a Neuro turret? Hear me out cause I'm sure that sounds dumb already. If Xenos don't want to guard their nest why not automate it. Give them a turret that can stun a marine (not fully incap just stun) that can ONLY be placed around a large concentration of nests/eggs. Make it so that you have to be a special Hivelord type called "Warden" or something and limit it to one warden at a time with maybe a limited number of turrets as well. Just a thought. Balancing that would be a nightmare though (at least in my mind) so I don't blame someone for just ignoring it. Still it's better than the current situation to me. At least you have a chance as to literally none. I've spoken with Xenos mains who hate perma nesting so in my mind it's a horid mechanic. I do realize that suicide nading is also a pretty bad mechanic too. So maybe have some way to strip marines of their nades when nested or make it so they can't pull nades for a few seconds after getting out. Makes it so they either have to break out, shoot themselves or give up. Sounds more fun to me. It makes it so that the few people capable of a daring nest escape can actually do it and interesting stories can come out of it. I mean at the end of the day past all the role-play and salt this is still just a game right? So why not make it a fun one and make some ways to have interesting stories to tell on the discord or here on the forms. I may be new to this community but I can confidently say that a good portion of the fun is doing the impossible or crazy, maybe even the insane and making a great story out of it.

Thanks for listening to my ted talk. I wish you all a good (insert local time here).
    Hi I like crayons.
    My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to be able to try and ESCAPE instead of sitting there talking to xenos all day until i die.

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, Gamer.

Look, I’ve been playing CM since October (ish) and only made this account to report someone for something that wasn’t reportable, so I’m not exactly a veteran. But I’ve played enough on both sides (primarily marines) to think it’s perfectly fine as is. All of it.

Warrior grabs are fine. They break up marine formations, but it only takes one guy with a shotgun to stop the marine from getting dragged off. Sucks if you’re alone, but lone Ungas OUGHT to be dead meat anyhow. Marines have the numerical advantage, so punishing them for spreading too thin is fine.

Devouring is fine. I dunno if you never played Xenos, but dragging sucks unless you’re robust as fuck. I’m not. So unless I can devour a cap, that cap is getting away. And yeah, sure, that makes me a beno, but 60-80% of the hive are benos at all times. So giving them that advantage is fine, otherwise there’d be barely any caps making it back to nests.

Inescapable nests are fine. They got you, gamer. Something went wrong, and now they got you. Tough luck. The only thing most successful escapes I witnessed back when they were still possible accomplished was killing one or two SSDs before dying. Those were the successful ones. Most weren’t successful because some poor bean had to sit around for twenty minutes doing nothing at all. So allowing that person to actually go and play the game at the costs of some robust deltas ghosting as soon as they get nested seems fine. Capturing instead of killing is enough extra effort already, so just treat getting capped as getting permadeaded, except sometimes your ghost actually gets called back!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FortyPercent View Post
    Snip.
    As someone who has played since early 2016 I agree wholeheartedly.

Also I like that we don't have hugger combat anymore. Being taken out by a young runner carrying two facehuggers sucked.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FortyPercent View Post
    OK, Gamer.

Look, I’ve been playing CM since October (ish) and only made this account to report someone for something that wasn’t reportable, so I’m not exactly a veteran. But I’ve played enough on both sides (primarily marines) to think it’s perfectly fine as is. All of it.

Warrior grabs are fine. They break up marine formations, but it only takes one guy with a shotgun to stop the marine from getting dragged off. Sucks if you’re alone, but lone Ungas OUGHT to be dead meat anyhow. Marines have the numerical advantage, so punishing them for spreading too thin is fine.

Devouring is fine. I dunno if you never played Xenos, but dragging sucks unless you’re robust as fuck. I’m not. So unless I can devour a cap, that cap is getting away. And yeah, sure, that makes me a beno, but 60-80% of the hive are benos at all times. So giving them that advantage is fine, otherwise there’d be barely any caps making it back to nests.

Inescapable nests are fine. They got you, gamer. Something went wrong, and now they got you. Tough luck. The only thing most successful escapes I witnessed back when they were still possible accomplished was killing one or two SSDs before dying. Those were the successful ones. Most weren’t successful because some poor bean had to sit around for twenty minutes doing nothing at all. So allowing that person to actually go and play the game at the costs of some robust deltas ghosting as soon as they get nested seems fine. Capturing instead of killing is enough extra effort already, so just treat getting capped as getting permadeaded, except sometimes your ghost actually gets called back!
    You clearly have never had a warrior grab you, then punch and fling you away from the entire marine formation. It's very easy to do.