• None of the others

4 3.33%
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Nesting Gameplay 2020 Discussion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello! i beleive perma nesting is not the good direction for this game to go.

capturing/nesting/guarding nest is an important fun part of the game that give for BOTH SIDE marines and xenos, more depth and freedom, contributing to the immersion feeling.

As a marines, it is great to have the possibility to play this part of the game, try to escape; fail if your guarded, sucess if your unguarded, try to reach marine safety if possible or if not, decide to go kamikazee with your m15... So many fun and interesting choices! ...Of course you wouldnt be able to do much if your guarded. LEGIT. Permanest will just delete this whole possibility, this whole gameplay sequence that is part of the immersion. -player who dont like resisting while nested can allways ghost, no need to force it upon those who enjoy resisting.

As a xeno, to be able to capture and nest, watch over your capture, watch the noodle grow inside the player trying to resist is a unique and very rewarding experience. while if they get perma-nested it give the feeling of ending their gameplay expericene instead, wich feel less challenging, less rewarding and leave a bad aftertaste knowing you just made that marine force ghost; it dont feel as good.
    As for the capture guarding ''problem'', i beleive it is a foundemental job of the xeno; the same for marines need shipside job; xeno need nest side job.

SOLUTION IDEA= Xeno should IN GAME make it a meta rule to ''ALL YOUNG STAY AT HIVE TO GUARD NEST''. This way we fix 2 problem; unguarded kamikazee murheen will now be guarded, and young xeno will be at hive instead of dying like noob on the frontline.
    SOLUTION IDEA to improove guarding / resisting nest = why not make it that nested marines can learn xeno language? it would make it deeper and give us more RP possibility, maybe infested marines will make deal with the queen to spy on almayers etc. or what about noodles controling the tall? fun no?

To Resume, permanesting is not the direction to go; it only LESSER marine experience and DUMBDOWN xeno experience.
    instead, find way to make the unique feature of nesting resisting marines and guarding them MORE ENGAGING FOR PLAYERS.

I would also like to express that there as been many vote concerning the permanest matter in game and in forum, and the player base OBVIOUSLY dont want to go in perma nest direction. all votes clearly state that we prefer resisting and guarding feature over the perma nest.

Bottom line DEVS SHOULD BE WORKING ON THE LAG ISSUE instead of making permanest... so we can enjoy a bigger player base playing witout lag.
    Keep the player freedom/immersion intact by expanding on what you have instead of deleting possibility.
    Good day CM!

-Miranda 'Frost' Vayne / LZR
    Last edited by BurningMetal; 01-12-2020 at 12:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 to the above. I play xeno a lot, even more than Marine lately, and I don't like the perma nesting update. It was uncalled for, it only removes things for both sides to do, it unbalances other things (carriers now stronger, sentinels weaker/unnecessary) and it doesn't feel rewarding - for either side. Keeping multiple hosts down and renesting them and having to really keep them pinned so they would hatch felt rewarding. It also meant the hive couldn't even go "full offense" (unless they had no infected), just like the Marine side cannot.

I don't like this change and the small shifts around it, like longer nesting time, don't help. It needs to be overturned quickly.

What even was the point and what did developers think it would achieve? I do not understand this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    permanest just makes the game less fun even with the compensations they added

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan10000llahd View Post
    permanest just makes the game less fun even with the compensations they added
    you told me it made game better for you since you can spend more time researching

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I see that this makes people frustrated, and obviously EVERYONE will pick option three, because oh all the memorable times they were able to escape! Oh that 1% that is remembered forever.

But it is shit.

It is unfun for you as nested, it is even less fun for you as sentinel. The less fun you have as sentinel, the less fun is whoever was nested has.

I am ready to revert this change if queen can spawn AI controlled sentinels from the larva pool queen has that would just stand over you, as another player would, and it will neuro you as normal player would (hell, I even add a 0.5 second delay for AI reaction so you feel like you ALMOST achieved something), it will renest you as normal player would, and then after you burst, it will dissolve into free larva for next ENGAGING GAMEPLAY MOMENT.

Sometimes I look at pool results and I get why I don't collect feedback

Sometimes I feel like a dick and want to listen to feedback and show how many flaws it has

But maybe sometimes I'm wrong and behave like a dick. Who knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just gonna chime in here with my two cents as a Marine main.

I don't like permanesting for one simple reason. It makes captures far too rewarding. Beforehand, xenos had to manage their resources to handle nests. More captures = more xenos guarding the nest to ensure nobody suicides or robusts their way out. Which meant fewer xenos on the frontlines. This was a balancing act that kept xenos from becoming a completely overwhelming force.

But without this threat of marines escaping or suiciding, there's absolutely nothing stopping xenos from tard wrangling every Marine in sight into a nest. I've seen it happen to entire pushes, where more than half a dozen marines end up in a nest in less than a few minutes. It's simply too easy for xenos to keep Marines knocked down long enough to have them facehugged and end up in a nest, especially when the Queen is off her ovi. I have not once seen a Marine rescued from a nest yet, even when nested on literally the front lines.

Furthermore, it also ruins the dynamic of larva growing faster when in sight range of other infected hosts. Before you had entire structures dedicated to isolating hosts while also keeping them in sight of each other. It was a risk/reward system that functioned quite well imo. Now, there are just fields of infected Marines that all burst in like five minutes because the larva grows so fast because there's no risk at all. If permanests are kept, this mechanic should be removed.

However, I understand that babysitting nests as a sentinel is boring. But I think that this is going about it the wrong way. And I'm not saying we should ignore xenos and their ability to have fun. I'd rather see this implemented with the structure system. Let's say there's a structure that inhibits escapes within a 7 tile radius, call it a sleep gas emitter or whatever. It blocks all resist attempts but it dramatically increases the time it takes for hosts to burst. This frees up xenos to frontline, which means people who don't want to be bored won't be. But the more rewarding path is to guard them personally, keep their face in the dirt, and wait til they pop because it'll take far less time. And it also gives Marines a better chance of rescuing those deep in the hive if they've had resist blocked. As with most balance designs in games, there should be a risk/reward dynamic.

Currently, with permanests as they are, there is absolutely zero risk, with extremely high reward. And in my humble opinion, that is the problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningMetal View Post
    Hello! i beleive perma nesting is not the good direction for this game to go.
    As a xeno, to be able to capture and nest, watch over your capture, watch the noodle grow inside the player trying to resist is a unique and very rewarding experience. while if they get perma-nested it give the feeling of ending their gameplay expericene instead, wich feel less challenging, less rewarding and leave a bad aftertaste knowing you just made that marine force ghost; it dont feel as good.
    As for the capture guarding ''problem'', i beleive it is a foundemental job of the xeno; the same for marines need shipside job; xeno need nest side job.
    I dunno about that, for me there is minimal roleplaying enjoyment I can get out of sitting in the hive afk, and maybe once every 5 minutes spitting a marine and putting them back in the nest, if they even attempt to leave at all. I find it hard to accept that is actually an exciting roleplay opportunity for a xeno player.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mevennos View Post
    -snip-
    That's why changes are made. That's why you can't have eggs outside of the base. That's why you can't have nests outside of the hive. That's why there is less multibursts now. On and on. Marines are remembering all the good moments way too well. Usually marines unnest themselves and I just oneshot neuro them. Then I will hear in LOOC about how based I am. Fun AND engaging.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    I see that this makes people frustrated, and obviously EVERYONE will pick option three, because oh all the memorable times they were able to escape! Oh that 1% that is remembered forever.

But it is shit.

It is unfun for you as nested, it is even less fun for you as sentinel. The less fun you have as sentinel, the less fun is whoever was nested has.
    Yeah this 100%.
    Besides if you were in a position to be captured the Xenos could have easily killed you, why do some Xeno players need to be punished so you can try to pull off some gimmicky suicide or PB a young xeno who failed their tackles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    That's why changes are made. That's why you can't have eggs outside of the base. That's why you can't have nests outside of the hive. That's why there is less multibursts now. On and on. Marines are remembering all the good moments way too well. Usually marines unnest themselves and I just oneshot neuro them. Then I will hear in LOOC about how based I am. Fun AND engaging.
    I don't care about all the good times I had robusting my way out of the hive, I'm just saying that it's ruined the balancing act of xenos in the hive defending vs xenos on the frontline. Every xeno right now can front line, and there's going to be more xenos than ever because it's so easy to get captures. You can implement changes to reduce the effectiveness of captures, and that's appreciated but... It also accepts that a lot of captures is inevitable. Being captured, in general, is unfun. And now being captured is even *MORE* unfun than it ever has been because of permanests.

So already, we accept captures are both more plentiful, and that it's even more 'fun and engaging' for Marines than the old system... Why?

I'm sure Xenos appreciate the QOL change. But it's disproportionately favoring Xenos right now. It sucks to be a frontline Marine right now. All I suggest is a 'best of both worlds' approach using structures, and until that can be implemented... Just keep the old system.

As an unga Delta that loves being on the frontlines and dying a lot (and I mean a lot).... I'm not having much fun in CM right now, and I say this without an ounce of hatred or anger towards you or the Dev team. I know this change was made with the best of intentions and the best judgment on the team. But wide, sweeping changes are needed if permanesting is to stay. We're not bitching because we can't robust our way out of the nest. We're bitching because it's simply.... Not fun. In a way far worse than the old un-fun system.

Thanks for all your work Neth (and the rest of the team), I wish you luck.